Thread: Mods, overall, seem to favor punishing auto farmers rather than drop games...why.

Default Mods, overall, seem to favor punishing auto farmers rather than drop games...why.

So, from what I have just experienced, mods favor banning auto farmers compared to any other illegal activity.

My evidence? Well, I don't have any, you will just need to trust me,but, heres my story.

Every here and there, I sb to report a world if I see illegal activities are taking place if a mod is online. Its fun to watch them do their job.

Whenever I do sb, alot of the time(which isn't alot admittedly, maybe like 10 to 20 times in total), they respond/enter FAST if I mention an auto farmer.

Now on the otherhand....I sb about this guy I saw doing a drop game with 365 wls? No response.

This happened before a while back when I sbed about some sort of scam world before.

This is more or less an observation, as in the end, it COULD just be a coincidence.
    I also have some ending questions.

Anyone else noticed this?
    Assuming what I said is true(cause I know you may not believe me or argue its a coincidence), How do you feel about this?
    Let's make posts that count!

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    So, from what I have just experienced, mods favor banning auto farmers compared to any other illegal activity.

My evidence? Well, I don't have any, you will just need to trust me,but, heres my story.

Every here and there, I sb to report a world if I see illegal activities are taking place if a mod is online. Its fun to watch them do their job.

Whenever I do sb, alot of the time(which isn't alot admittedly, maybe like 10 to 20 times in total), they respond/enter FAST if I mention an auto farmer.

Now on the otherhand....I sb about this guy I saw doing a drop game with 365 wls? No response.

This happened before a while back when I sbed about some sort of scam world before.

This is more or less an observation, as in the end, it COULD just be a coincidence.

Assuming what I said is true(cause I know you may not believe me or argue its a coincidence), How do you feel about this?
    When you super broadcasted an auto former, Your message was just lucky to be read by a moderator. Moderators get spammed really often and That makes it hard to read your message. Don't take their job the wrong way as they can not punish everyone in a single snap. From my experience, Moderators take any illegal activity seriously if you keep messaging them about a drop game they will respond quickly if they are able.

Just be patience and be careful on what world you report in. Instant of wasting gems and megaphones, You could simply message them. It's easier than Super broadcasting.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

If you were a mod, would you prioritize a scam that 90% of players know how to avoid, or someone hacking your game and indirectly ruining the experience for many other players? Sure, they’re both terrible, but mods are constantly being flooded with messages and don’t have the time to deal with everything.
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 70
    Favorite Item: Swiss Cheese Block
    Profile Pic by: ezereal
    Free BFG Service: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-BFG-Service!

Honestly, I think auto farmers are more harmful than scammers. When someone scams another person, nothing is gained or lost in the economy, items are just transferred to one person to another. On the other hand, when auto farming, the auto farmer is further inflating the gem economy and further more, the entire economy in general. This becomes a serious problem if continued for too long, as store bought items will just continue to deflate in value.
    Last edited by SnowyFox; 06-06-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
    IGN: SNOWYFOX

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFox View Post
    Honestly, I think auto farmers are more harmful than scanners. When someone scams another person, nothing is gained or lost in the economy, items are just transferred to one person to another. On the other hand, when auto farming, the auto farmer is further inflating the gem economy and further more, the entire economy in general. This becomes a serious problem if continued for too long, as store bought items will just continue to deflate in value.
    Both of them are harmful, Scammers can make someone quit or maybe kill themself.......
    Auto farmers dont deflate the value of items in store
    it depends on the community for example iotm they drop cause people think theyre useless and they drop

Maybe the moderators are too busy?
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.

Visit FORUMERBASE today!

Insta account: @pokekidgt

I've seen more auto farmers than old school scammers hosting drop games, being that auto farming is a passive type of "exploit" or hack not much can be said that it's not harming anyone nor can it be seen easily just by passing through break worlds, yet hacking is one of the highest forms of rule breaking. You might even call drop games the most least type of scam in present.

Or it could just really be the idea that Drop games hold no risk to most players that have played in even than a less of a week, or just the fact that drop games are more to common on regular broadcasts than elsewhere.
    IGN: Nupthial
    Personal announcements will be listed "here."

Let me tell you this. Singling Out other players doing illegal activities are inappropraite. Just report the player or report the world than sbing "this guy is scamming or etc.". From what I have read on the Growtopian Code
    Do not single out other players. Whether they violate rules or not, it is not appropriate to call out a person where others can see.
    If you want to report a person or a world you should just do /report or Wrench the player and report him/her. If there are mods online do /mods and message the mods.

From what I observed they are not just banning Auto farmers, ofcourse they are banning too for those people who are doing illegal activities. They are not only in favor of banning auto farmers they in favor too in banning illegal activities.
    Hello Everybody!

HAVE FUN ON GROWTOPIA WELL IT IS A FUN GAME THOUGH.

🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    IGN: Aeios
    I Love Nature

Drop games are so easy to avoid, at this point whoever who falls for it are trolls.

BUT! They're still scams and should be punished, to add on that, drop games are kinda rare now. It got to a point where Autofarming is more common and severe offense
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Quote Originally Posted by Aeios View Post
    Let me tell you this. Singling Out other players doing illegal activities are inappropraite. Just report the player or report the world than sbing "this guy is scamming or etc.". From what I have read on the Growtopian Code
    If you want to report a person or a world you should just do /report or Wrench the player and report him/her. If there are mods online do /mods and message the mods.

From what I observed they are not just banning Auto farmers, ofcourse they are banning too for those people who are doing illegal activities. They are not only in favor of banning auto farmers they in favor too in banning illegal activities.
    Yez, he singel out banz
    Banz have rites!
    We veri med!
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

When people scam, the victim experiences emotional hurt, but the economy isn't affected.
    When people autofarm, no one is emotionally upset over it, but it has an insidious harmful impact on the economy...
    I myself am undecided as to which is worse.
    IGN: BiteForce

Forumer of the year of 2017

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...601/him_60.jpg
    Legendary quote below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstyles View Post
    I'm asking you to pay world locks for my 'Bad English' to carve an end

He is not singling out anyone.
    Could improve your grammar though.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.

Visit FORUMERBASE today!

Insta account: @pokekidgt

Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    He isn't singling out anyone, minimod much?
    I dont know what I understand but according on what Malware said "I sb to report a world" and it can be called as singling out.

And I am not Minimodding, I am just telling him what is on the rules.
    Name:  BF9B867D-9EDC-4589-83B1-44FC76931964.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  177.4 KB
    Rules is rules.

don't misunderstand me being a minimod cause I will never be doing that

If he is not Singling out, then ok let it be.
    Last edited by Aeios; 06-06-2019 at 05:40 AM.
    Hello Everybody!

🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    I Love Nature

I dont know what I understand but according on what Malware said "I sb to report a world" and it can be called as singling out.

And I am not Minimoding, I am just telling him what is on the rules.
    Rules is rules.

Hello Aeios,

We appreciate your help on the forums

Corrects
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Hello Aeios,

We appreciate your help on the forums

Corrects
    Thanks. I appreciate your kindness too.
    Hello Everybody!

🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    I Love Nature

And I am not Minimodding, I am just telling him what is on the rules.
    Rules is rules.

its not singling out but yea against the rules
    (or maybe the rules mean u are not allowed to bc sb any world that involve illegal activity)

Lesser Knight

I don't think it's a matter of preference. It could be just they missed those sbs or that they are focusing on one thing at a time, that's not necessarily bad, there isn't an unlimited amount of mods and imo it's more effective to plan and do focus on one issue. All other issues are important too but you can prioritize and tackle it systematically. Targeting one issue at a time (like doing raids) makes the job easier because the actions you require to take are the same. Meaning you can ban more players.
    Some days ago they were banning spam accounts like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    its not singling out but yea against the rules
    (or maybe the rules mean u are not allowed to bc sb any world that involve illegal activity)
    Okies
    Hello Everybody!

🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    I Love Nature

You’re not even supposed to Sb in a scam world anyway. They don’t priorities dropgame because it’s easily avoidable by the players. If the player drops and gets scammed, that’s their fault because they ignored the warnings in the confirmation screen before dropping. Furthermore, autofarmers hurt the community more than drop game hosts believe it or not.

1) We do not prioritize autofarmers over drop games. We respond to reports as best as we can, and even as you have admitted, there is truly no evidence to support this observation.
    2) You should not be SBing at these worlds, players are well aware that this is not the proper way to report, and actually causes more harm than good.
    3) Everybody in the comments needs to relax with calling others minimods, making sarcastic comments regarding it, etc. Infractions can and will be given out should we find that there is continued disrespect. If you don’t agree or don’t like what somebody has said, you aren’t forced to respond to it nor is it necessary to call them out.