Thread: game window always popping up on the top of the screen

Lesser Wizard

Default game window always popping up on the top of the screen

i don't think this is a bug, but this has been pretty annoying.
    Name:  yyqUtt2.png
Views: 80
Size:  310.0 KB

everytime i put growtopia into windowed mode, it usually pops up with the draggable tab on the top not able to be seen.
    this is fixable by shift-right clicking the game icon and moving the window with arrow keys. this is quite a hassle for me and i'm looking for a more permanent fix. this also does not happen with any other program (chrome, discord), since most of the windows are resizeable, unlike growtopia. appreciate any responses regarding this
    ign : Fycho

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    I totally wasn't looking at what you had on your task bar, but osu? Nice.

find me in twitter by the handle @hashimotoyusa

What is up with that taskbar?! Also, run some sort of antivirus, because you might have malware. I can't drag Growtopia, I play on PC too.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

If it's annoying for you, then
    Try this solution..

• Right click the game (Growtopia.exe) > click "Troubleshoot Compatibility" > click "Troubleshoot Program" -> putting a check mark in "The program opens but doesn't display correctly" -> click "Next" > click "Test Program" -> click "Next" > click "Yes, save these settings for the program" > click "Close".

• Download SWRU on http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/program/swru.html > Install SWRU > Open it, Checklist ☑ Visible Only > Run a Growtopia.exe (In windowed mode) > Find task "Growtopia" on SWRU, then click it > Settings the coordinates on the screen (x/y) and resize it (width/height), whatever you want (Adjust to your wish).

Hope this works for you.
    - - - Data - - -
    User : KamuiVY

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    i don't think this is a bug, but this has been pretty annoying.
    Name:  yyqUtt2.png
Views: 80
Size:  310.0 KB

everytime i put growtopia into windowed mode, it usually pops up with the draggable tab on the top not able to be seen.
    this is fixable by shift-right clicking the game icon and moving the window with arrow keys. this is quite a hassle for me and i'm looking for a more permanent fix. this also does not happen with any other program (chrome, discord), since most of the windows are resizeable, unlike growtopia. appreciate any responses regarding this
    Hiya!

I ran into this problem recently on my computer as well. I changed the aspect-ratio in the settings and switch which of my two screens was the main screen, then the problem went away!

~ Odric

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by KamuiVY View Post
    If it's annoying for you, then
    Try this solution..:scratch:

• Right click the game (Growtopia.exe) > click "Troubleshoot Compatibility" > click "Troubleshoot Program" -> putting a check mark in "The program opens but doesn't display correctly" -> click "Next" > click "Test Program" -> click "Next" > click "Yes, save these settings for the program" > click "Close".

• Download SWRU on http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/program/swru.html > Install SWRU > Open it, Checklist ☑ Visible Only > Run a Growtopia.exe (In windowed mode) > Find task "Growtopia" on SWRU, then click it > Settings the coordinates on the screen (x/y) and resize it (width/height), whatever you want (Adjust to your wish).

Hope this works for you.:hat:
    Hiya!

I ran into this problem recently on my computer as well. I changed the aspect-ratio in the settings and switch which of my two screens was the main screen, then the problem went away!

~ Odric :prophet:
    thank you for the responses!! it seems like the problem has gone away after doing both of them. very much appreciated :)
    ign : Fycho

find me in twitter by the handle @hashimotoyusa

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    thank you for the responses!! it seems like the problem has gone away after doing both of them. very much appreciated
    Awesome! I'm so glad you're able to get in game without this problem anymore. <3 Let me know if you need anything else and I'll try my best to help!

~ Odric