Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activity perks

Default Activity perks

Welcome to another suggestion of mine. This one simply revolves around resurrecting most if not all activities in growtopia, regardless of whether they are completely dead or not. Add milestone perks (notice I said perks and not one-time prizes) to all activities in growtopia (surgery,crime,fishing,geigering,crystal shattering,pet battling,earning rings,fire fighting,chemsynth,carnival games...), where these perks are simply obtained when the player reaches a certain total number of activities done ( e.g. 500 fires put out to reach the first perk, or 150 surgeries performed...). Here are my examples:

This will surely be lengthy and difficult to implement, but take my word, it will be worth it. Providing a feeling of progression will enhance the incentives that drive players into playing the game, and will give them a sense of accomplishment. Furthermore, these changes will make alot of balance fixes, namely balancing the ways gems and xp are obtained, as this no longer gives the advantage to farming and autofarmers, but allows for some competition from other activities and consequently revives them. The addition of these perks will flush out huge huge amounts of the currency flowing in-game, and will help reduce the gem inflation as well as provide demand for most dead items. Before you complain about the perks being too overpowered, it literally costs loads of money and hundreds of hours to finish one of these professions. These perks aim at making these actions actually worthy to do as well as easier to do for all players, as well as to provide some sort of reward and a source of profit for those who have the time to grind through these activities.

In my opinion this is how role quests should have been (where are you techy?) but role quests can't be changed now, so these professions should act as a great compliment for roles. I know that it might take some time for this to get implemented, but I'd rather wait and have this update than receive updates like gross out. I don't care if the system takes into account the progress we made earlier or not, but please, make them milestone perks, and not a progress bar that resets after each perk (like role quests), as this takes away the fun and the sense of progression. These perks will also allow us to earn growtokens after some hardwork, as each token item costs hundreds of tokens which take forever to acquire. The numbers I mentioned are flexible and can be altered, but don't make them too underpowered, I think that we deserve some attention after 6 years of hardwork.

tl;dr
    Make milestone perks obtained by progressing in all activities, to revive them. Eventually players will be able to earn gems and xp from these actions, in amounts that can compete with farming.

Pros
    -autofarmers will have some healthy ethical competition.
    -players will be rewarded for slowly progressing in various activities, reviving the activities.
    -the economy will be relieved, as tons of gems and wls will be flushed out, but this will provide ways to profit and have fun for everyone. In the long-term, everyone will be a winner.
    -this suggestion will provide the incentive for most players to keep playing, stabilizing the playerbase and providing something new for them after a long wait.

Cons
    Still pending, I long to see your feedback on this suggestion.

Thanks for coming across my suggestion. If you encourage it, then it would be much appreciated if you added a link to it in your signature, to gather more players who agree with us. I would be more than happy if you criticized my proposals, but for goodness sake, let it be in a civil constructive post, and not a bunch of random unrelated words. This took me over 2 hours to write, so I would appreciate every form of feedback!
    Last edited by ooopsi; 06-20-2019 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Tweaked some numbers
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

+1

Most activities don’t feel rewarding and give very few good prizes.
    Nice to meet you!

”Words are powerful.”

Thank you DavidDoesPBG for my avatar!

Yas! Revive the dead gt activities!
    IGN: ZeppyXD
    Subscribe to my YouTube channel pls:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClH...L-cinVt_9IxgdQ

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

+1 ten chars
    I got my Alien from area 51 raid!

Why do I even bother...

+1 from a returnee like me hehe.

Just came back from a long break and man, does this feel worth getting attention by the devs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be definitely happy if this thread were to get more attention, tbh.
    GrowID: Entho
    Level 77,(since 12/2/15)
    Discord: Entho#5641
    Instagram: enthoplays
    YouTube: Entho
    ~Suggestions~
    Minor Autoban System
    Donation Box Feature
    Unbreakable Music Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    yes please.... +1

not gonna let this die.
    notice this thread senpai
    GrowID: Entho
    Level 77,(since 12/2/15)
    Discord: Entho#5641
    Instagram: enthoplays
    YouTube: Entho
    ~Suggestions~
    Minor Autoban System
    Donation Box Feature
    Unbreakable Music Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    yes please.... +1

Cool

So, I'm here to list what I see as cons.

IT IS too overpowered. The buffs that some of these give are CRAZY good. I know they are hard to reach, but some are easy to do and can lead to pretty unfair things.

"The rich get richer". Alot of the buffs apply to activities that require large sums of world locks. Noobs can't do that many surgeries. The result of you setting such a hard to reach goal(to try to balance out your buffs) will lead to only pros being able to do this.

There are other, less "pay to win" activities like fighterfighting, but I'll get to that later.

The next problem that comes up is from the first argument.

A drop in some item's prices. For example, surgery, you mentioned a buff that gave a guaranteed Thingamabob in 5k surgeries. This would make the price drop. Although not alot, it will drop by several diamond locks for sure. 5k, in the grand scheme of things, isn't "alot". If you resell the prizes you get, the amount of wls you "lose" is reduced, lets say you still wasted 50 dls on tools though, even after reselling the prizes you got. Well, great, you got a Thingamabob. Thats currently worth 100+ dls right now, because of a Thingamabob becoming more easier to get, the price drops!

Whats the big deal?

This leads to a domino effect. Let me explain further.

Whats the point of doing surgery? Its to get the best prize, a thingamabob. Now, suddenly, the price drops because it is essier to get. Noobier people who plan to start doing surgery notice this. They nolonger plan to do surgery because the "prize"/thingamabob isn't as good anymore. This leads to more and more people becoming uninspired to do surgery because "A pro can just do the same thing but for less".

Now, layer in the future, the people who maxed out their rewards also caused other items prices to drop for the same reason as thingamabob. It gets even harder to start to wanna do surgery for the new players because if they sold their prizes, they would still lose alot of world locks.
    It will probably be as hard as getting a legendary item than getting a max surgery buff.

Ok, I can go on, but I think you get the point. If you don't, I CAN go on. But I'll be moving onto the next point.

Things like being a "Fire Figher". This is alot more noob friendly. Whats the problem?

It would be easy to complete. Imagine it. A world can have up to over 4k blocks in it. If you make room for walking past and other stuff, you would still beable to fill a whole world with a bit less than 3k fires.

If someone made a bunch of fire farm worlds(like, 100 of them). It would be easily abusable. Making a fire farm wouldn't even be that hard. No water would be needed, you could light basically the entire world on fire, putting out the fire with a hose. And you would need a world lock to lock the world. To make the world, it would cost 2 wls in material, a world lock, a pocket lighter, and tons of dirt.

(To imagine hoe a "fire farm" would look like, just imagine a world full of dirt and cave backround, shaped i the way of "Tic-Tac-Toe". The fire can also spread everywhere because the cave backround connecting every 4x4 block of dirt.)

Also, the final buff for being a fire fighter is broken. 7 gems per fire is CRAZY.
    An atm gives an average of 11 gems a day. Now your simply nerfing the gem amount a bit and allowing a new fire every 1 minute? Not only that, but THERES A CHANCE TO GET GROWTOKENS AND OTHER ITEMS FROM PUTTING OUT FIRES? It would litterally be MORE VIABLE putting out fires than harvesting atms, must I mention COST 3 WORLD LOCKS EACH.

I see where your coming from. But bad idea. Sorry, you need to rework your ideas, this is only a "short term" solution and will end up making new players not want to do certain activities like surgery and spam fires.

Also, not to be even more rude but....stop bumping your own thread. I don't do that because I believe that if it was a truely good suggestion(thread), other people would make comments and basically bump it for you.
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    So, I'm here to list what I see as cons.

IT IS too overpowered. The buffs that some of these give are CRAZY good. I know they are hard to reach, but some are easy to do and can lead to pretty unfair things.

"The rich get richer". Alot of the buffs apply to activities that require large sums of world locks. Noobs can't do that many surgeries. The result of you setting such a hard to reach goal(to try to balance out your buffs) will lead to only pros being able to do this.

There are other, less "pay to win" activities like fighterfighting, but I'll get to that later.

The next problem that comes up is from the first argument.

A drop in some item's prices. For example, surgery, you mentioned a buff that gave a guaranteed Thingamabob in 5k surgeries. This would make the price drop. Although not alot, it will drop by several diamond locks for sure. 5k, in the grand scheme of things, isn't "alot". If you resell the prizes you get, the amount of wls you "lose" is reduced, lets say you still wasted 50 dls on tools though, even after reselling the prizes you got. Well, great, you got a Thingamabob. Thats currently worth 100+ dls right now, because of a Thingamabob becoming more easier to get, the price drops!

Whats the big deal?

This leads to a domino effect. Let me explain further.

Whats the point of doing surgery? Its to get the best prize, a thingamabob. Now, suddenly, the price drops because it is essier to get. Noobier people who plan to start doing surgery notice this. They nolonger plan to do surgery because the "prize"/thingamabob isn't as good anymore. This leads to more and more people becoming uninspired to do surgery because "A pro can just do the same thing but for less".

Now, layer in the future, the people who maxed out their rewards also caused other items prices to drop for the same reason as thingamabob. It gets even harder to start to wanna do surgery for the new players because if they sold their prizes, they would still lose alot of world locks.
    It will probably be as hard as getting a legendary item than getting a max surgery buff.

Ok, I can go on, but I think you get the point. If you don't, I CAN go on. But I'll be moving onto the next point.

Things like being a "Fire Figher". This is alot more noob friendly. Whats the problem?

It would be easy to complete. Imagine it. A world can have up to over 4k blocks in it. If you make room for walking past and other stuff, you would still beable to fill a whole world with a bit less than 3k fires.

If someone made a bunch of fire farm worlds(like, 100 of them). It would be easily abusable. Making a fire farm wouldn't even be that hard. No water would be needed, you could light basically the entire world on fire, putting out the fire with a hose. And you would need a world lock to lock the world. To make the world, it would cost 2 wls in material, a world lock, a pocket lighter, and tons of dirt.

(To imagine hoe a "fire farm" would look like, just imagine a world full of dirt and cave backround, shaped i the way of "Tic-Tac-Toe". The fire can also spread everywhere because the cave backround connecting every 4x4 block of dirt.)

Also, the final buff for being a fire fighter is broken. 7 gems per fire is CRAZY.
    An atm gives an average of 11 gems a day. Now your simply nerfing the gem amount a bit and allowing a new fire every 1 minute? Not only that, but THERES A CHANCE TO GET GROWTOKENS AND OTHER ITEMS FROM PUTTING OUT FIRES? It would litterally be MORE VIABLE putting out fires than harvesting atms, must I mention COST 3 WORLD LOCKS EACH.

I see where your coming from. But bad idea. Sorry, you need to rework your ideas, this is only a "short term" solution and will end up making new players not want to do certain activities like surgery and spam fires.

Also, not to be even more rude but....stop bumping your own thread. I don't do that because I believe that if it was a truely good suggestion(thread), other people would make comments and basically bump it for you.
    If I don't bump the thread it will die, I'm equally surprized that no one is replying, not even with cons, people aren't replying not because the idea is bad, they either didn't read the whole thing or they see that there's nothing more to say.

Regarding the fire fighting, I mentioned that the numbers are flexible, but the point is to make these activities able to compete with farming. Going from what you're saying, we should nerf farming and every thing that outperforms atms, since atms give the least amounts of gems when comparing with anything. If you want to make a side by side comparison, you should compare firefighting to trendy common sources of gems, and not literally the least gem rewarding item. Also, it might seem overpowered to build huge fire farms, but there's a limit to how many fires can exist in a world. I'm not certain of the number but I'm sure that it is way less than 3k. Regarding growtokens, what's wrong with having a reliable source of obtaining growtokens for noobs, it literally costs hundreds of tokens to get a mod item, and as I mentioned there will be a limit on how many tokens you can get per day to avoid abuse. Also, have you ever tried taking out huge amounts of fires (I'm talking in terms of thousands)? It certainly isn't as easy as you think. Furthermore, yes you would be able to get combusted items from firefighting, but the chances would be incredibly low, to the point where the items you get will barely be affected in terms of their prices (you would mostly be getting things like tempered axe fragments, which means basically nothing). The chance of obtaining these rare items is low, but might be just enough to keep people tied to the activity.

Regarding surgery, to be fair, 5000 surgeries cost way more wls than you think. 5000 surgeries would burn around 125dls in total, which is slightly less than the price of a thingamabob, the other prizes are just a bonus if you are going for thingamabob, and if you can complete a surgery in 10 seconds, it would literally take you more than 14 hours to do 5000 surgeries. The point of this whole thing is to guarantee you a thingamabob every once in a while, so that you do not go in with nothing but a hope of getting "lucky", you know how unforgiving RNG is.

You mentioned that the noobs wouldn't have the incentive to do surgery, but let me ask you, what are the chances of them obtaining a thingamabob? If you are a noob, you're not supposed to do surgery for profit, as you're guaranteed to lose whatever wls you spent; however, if you got lucky, you would literally net over 100dls of pure profit, and you wouldn't even mind thingamabob dropping 10dls, as you already walked out with a hundred dls of profit. Yes it might not be worth for noobs to do surgery, but to be honest it never was, some professions are designated for everyone like firefighting, and some are supposed to be done by pros like surgery.

The whole point of this suggestion is to make it so every activity you do counts, as right now, if you do a surgery or put out a fire or beat a criminal, you will most likely get trash prizes, as if you didn't perform the activity at all. If you want to revive a dead activity, you will have to make it viable and rewarding in both the short term and the long term.

On a sidenote, who mentioned 7 gems per fire? Read it again, it is 4 gems and 7 xp per fire.

Lesser Wizard

Thats way too OP to fit in growtopia. And they are basically like roles.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    Thats way too OP to fit in growtopia. And they are basically like roles.
    This is how roles were supposed to be, but it is too late to change roles. Also, can you read the post above you? I think it might answer you.

Love it how about ghost buster? k nvm

Love the idea 1+
    My shots find their marks

The ghost watches.

Slight oopies on my part, your thread WAS big after all. 4 grms is still quite a bit though. Also, because it wasn't stated, I assumed the chance of getting an item that comes from the combustable box all had the same chance of appearing.

Also, fair point about the numbers being flexible, but I'm pointing our the problems I see with the current thread you have, not "what ifs" cause then my thread litterally would be endless.

Now, getting on the topic of fire fighting. Ok, also slight oopies on my part, lets say the max fires in a world is 1k(I swear...if its even less than that...). Just make a layout like this:

Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+water
    2 portals, most left and most right
    Dirt+water
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire

You would start on the most right portal and move all the way to the left portal,leading to another of the same world.

Great, now, lets say you have a Rayman Fist and Cloak of Falling Waters. Assuming the normal way fires spread, every hit would get you 2.5 fires, cause it won't be solid fires.

Now, I don't know how long it takes to clear a world(it would have about 500 fires in each world.

Just clearing out 100 worlds, althought it would take some time, could probably be done in one sitting. That would still easily clear the max part.

Surgery:

The problem is the thingamabob will drop more than just 10 dls. I don't know the chances of getting one, but lets say you normally get 1 thingamabob on average every 5k. Now you get 2 thingamabobs. It won't affect anyone immediately, but after some time when, lets say, even 10 people have it. The thingamabob will start to drop. Overall, surgery isn't meant to be profitable exactly, so, to balance everything out, the economy WILL make it drop alot. My guess would be to 70.

Also, I still do stand by the statement that people getting into surgery would be less inspired to do it. You say that they would still try, but how can they keep attempting if they run out of world locks. They will sell the other random items. But, again, as stated before in my first post on this thread, all other items will be less valuable too. This would be from so much surgery items coming from pros(who, must I add, may actually profit dued to these buffs).

If a new surgery item came out, it would be hard for the people who want to start soing surgery to do it because they would lose more world locks than the veterans who get 500 gems every surgery and extra random buffs.
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion