Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activity perks

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Slight oopies on my part, your thread WAS big after all. 4 grms is still quite a bit though. Also, because it wasn't stated, I assumed the chance of getting an item that comes from the combustable box all had the same chance of appearing.

Also, fair point about the numbers being flexible, but I'm pointing our the problems I see with the current thread you have, not "what ifs" cause then my thread litterally would be endless.

Now, getting on the topic of fire fighting. Ok, also slight oopies on my part, lets say the max fires in a world is 1k(I swear...if its even less than that...). Just make a layout like this:

Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+water
    2 portals, most left and most right
    Dirt+water
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire
    Dirt+fire

You would start on the most right portal and move all the way to the left portal,leading to another of the same world.

Great, now, lets say you have a Rayman Fist and Cloak of Falling Waters. Assuming the normal way fires spread, every hit would get you 2.5 fires, cause it won't be solid fires.

Now, I don't know how long it takes to clear a world(it would have about 500 fires in each world.

Just clearing out 100 worlds, althought it would take some time, could probably be done in one sitting. That would still easily clear the max part.

Surgery:

The problem is the thingamabob will drop more than just 10 dls. I don't know the chances of getting one, but lets say you normally get 1 thingamabob on average every 5k. Now you get 2 thingamabobs. It won't affect anyone immediately, but after some time when, lets say, even 10 people have it. The thingamabob will start to drop. Overall, surgery isn't meant to be profitable exactly, so, to balance everything out, the economy WILL make it drop alot. My guess would be to 70.

Also, I still do stand by the statement that people getting into surgery would be less inspired to do it. You say that they would still try, but how can they keep attempting if they run out of world locks. They will sell the other random items. But, again, as stated before in my first post on this thread, all other items will be less valuable too. This would be from so much surgery items coming from pros(who, must I add, may actually profit dued to these buffs).

If a new surgery item came out, it would be hard for the people who want to start soing surgery to do it because they would lose more world locks than the veterans who get 500 gems every surgery and extra random buffs.
    Regarding firefighting, the solution is simple: make it so only fires put out with a fire hose count. You would be getting around 2-3 fires at maximum per second. Around 8 gems per second would make it viable to firefight instead of farming peppers and the likes. I think we all agree on the xp part. I will however edit my main post, raising the amount of fires required for each perk seems like a good idea (thanks for notifying me on this).

When it comes to surgery, it is really hard to make an estimation regarding thingamabob. Lets assume that it drops to 70dls, which is highly unlikely, it would still be a good price in the eyes of the noobs, going with the same justification I gave earlier. Also, not sure if you remember but, thingamabob was at once 60dls, and almost no one complained. You are missing one point as well, if you are a super fast surgeon, 5k surgeries take on average 14 complete hours of grind, so it isn't so likely that someone will keep doing surgery forever, due to it being alot of grind. I see where you are coming from, but I agree with you to some extent, I'll raise that value to 7000 surgeries.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

Nice suggestions though...
    "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." - Og Mandino

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

+1 didnt read but good suggestion

I agree that they should add something like this but I don‘t agree with the thingamabob reward at all. It shouldn’t be there, not even every 10k, not even every 20k surgeries. Maybe every 100k if at all.

Other than that, great idea!

I agree this is how roles should've been: progressive and not limited by costs of gems. Fetch quests are really boring, I would rather fish 500lbs. than search far and wide for a single item for it to be used up. Limiting progressing to daily free quests (and/or more quests, but you have to spend gems which promotes the fact that rich can buy through progression), and once the quest is done, I feel no reason to do that activity later on in the day. I do fishing a fair bit, but I only really fish due to the role quests - I do 2 per day and then disregard fishing until tomorrow, that's not how role specific levelling systems should work. There shouldn't be a cap on progression or be fetch quests. They shouldn't be quests but just basic progression through XP. This makes it simpler and less clunky - I personally dislike having to click several buttons to view my role stats (considering how they're important, shouldn't they be on my main player profile?) and to see my quest progression which is different to other quests. They can make it coincide with XP gain and say "okay, every surgery, you get 50xp, which progress to your player level and role level". This makes it so when I look at a level 125 and see their role levels, I can simply deduce that that player levelled up primarily from surgery and a fair bit of startopia, rather than just insinuating they farm a lot.

It's not too late to revamp the system, it's incredibly promising and will help entice players to log on and play longer for something they can progress towards. I'd play much more if I had more things to do, and fishing is something I love, so I'd like to feel my time is worthwhile. I'd love to see this system be looked at in the future - doesn't have to be near future, especially since how role items can be very versatile and used in a variety of ways so thus roles become more worthwhile themselves.

Additionally, I don't think the thread is so much about the numbers but rather the idea. Obviously the developers can tweak the numbers to their likings, but the main suggestion is the concept.
    Last edited by Techy; 07-05-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

free bump because I do like these ideas (some of the executions are too op though)

I'll probably come back at a later time and try to give some constructive criticism
    Pic drawn by Memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 59/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

Current goals
    -Ssp/Rsp world
    -Bfg world

I am the memelord

End goal: Legendary title
    +Try out every part of gt

I liked your suggestions, added goals will definitely encourage the players to participate in these activities. However, I think that even when you finish all of the possible task on an activity that has no limits on how much you can do, there should be a thing that you get even after you completed the tasks. Maybe small items like seeds and some very rare items... Something that will not break the economy of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by genpasaporte922 View Post
    When I was a newbie, I emailed Support how to earn world lock, and I farmed dirt for almost 3 months.

MY STEAM GROUP, ITS OPEN FOR EVERYONE, LINK:http://steamcommunity.com/groups/