Thread: Any tips for Pet Battles right now?

Master Sorcerer

Default Any tips for Pet Battles right now?

I wanna get into Pet Battles some time soon as it looks really fun. Do any of you have any tips about which pets/pet combos are the best in the current meta? The old Sheepers Death Scarf doesn't seem to work anymore due to the increased count down time on the Death Scarf.
    IGN: Garral

Free bump because I'm curious too.

Lesser Knight

Exclamation hei

Quote Originally Posted by Garral View Post
    I wanna get into Pet Battles some time soon as it looks really fun. Do any of you have any tips about which pets/pet combos are the best in the current meta? The old Sheepers Death Scarf doesn't seem to work anymore due to the increased count down time on the Death Scarf.
    So, pet battling is fun, but there are no "best decks" (at least in my opinion, you could ask anyone and they would either say dd sheep, cancid, "troll" but those are just a few.

And yes, the OLD Lil Sheepers deck doesn't work, but now there are 3 new variations (one of which is trash)

First (best out of these 3)
    Diamond Dragon - Crystal Block ability, this makes it so that your opponent cannot swap for 10 seconds
    Mickey May - Cower, blocks all attacks for 7 seconds
    Death Scarf - Doom, if opponent does not swap out in 20 seconds, it deals 999 dmg

Lil Sheepers - Count Sheep, puts all pets to sleep for 8 seconds, replaces any weather ability in place
    Ice Calf - Ice Laser, this freezes the enemy for 5 seconds, putting all their cooldowns (including swap) to 5 seconds
    Muddy Pants (I think its muddy pants but I might be wrong here) - Mud Glob, slows opponent pets cooldowns by half for 10 seconds

-------

Second Deck
    Death Scarf - Doom, if opponent does not swap out in 20 seconds, it deals 999 dmg
    Summer Kite - Windspeed, passive ability which makes all of your cooldowns 2 seconds faster (minimum 1 second)
    Ice Calf - Ice Laser, this freezes the enemy for 5 seconds, putting all their cooldowns (including swap) to 5 seconds

Lil Sheepers - Count Sheep, puts all pets to sleep for 8 seconds, replaces any weather ability in place
    Muddy Pants - Mud Glob, slows opponent pets cooldowns by half for 10 seconds

--------

Third (worst by far)

Pineapple Spider - Prevents opponent from swapping for x (I forgot sorry) amount of seconds

Pineapple Spider - Prevents opponent from swapping for x (I forgot sorry) amount of seconds

The third deck is by far the worst just because your opponent can use acro, possession, stoneform or any other blocking or dodging move to get out of the combo

As for cancid and other "best decks" I think that it depends on the deck you're up against. DS sheep vs exo decks doesn't work due to exoskeleton taking 2 seconds away from negative effects. All decks have a definite counter, and some decks, may seem op such as troll decks (Acrobatics and Stoneform) which are always blocking/dodging, while able to use an attack. It seems unfair until you get (sadly they're more expensive but what about pet battling isn't expensive) pets, like Cosmic Unicorn, Any Pteranus Rex, basically anything that can hit through shield, or dodge while PTE in my opinion is the most viable you have a few other options.

Also exited to see if there are any other opinions on best deck
    and pet battling really depends on your budget. if its like below 1 dl then you should probably stay away just because there aren't really any good decks that you can buy
    but that's just my opinion

oh yeah sorry for the text wall but hey

Hi, the best way to learn is to watch others battle first and see what they're doing. Most people now use summer kite and slow cooldown pets. If you really want to master pet battling, timing is the key. I also suggest having a dodging pet in at least one of your decks such as butterfly or grey silkworm. Dryad is also a nice pet, doing 30 damage and healing you for 30 but the cooldown is 30 seconds. Good luck with your battling.
    Hello, I am EZCookOven
    Level: 125.
    Legendary Title, Dragon, Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    So, pet battling is fun, but there are no "best decks" (at least in my opinion, you could ask anyone and they would either say dd sheep, cancid, "troll" but those are just a few.

And yes, the OLD Lil Sheepers deck doesn't work, but now there are 3 new variations (one of which is trash)

Diamond Dragon - Crystal Block ability, this makes it so that your opponent cannot swap for 10 seconds

Muddy Pants (I think its muddy pants but I might be wrong here) - Mud Glob, slows opponent pets cooldowns by half for 10 seconds

-------

Second Deck
    Summer Kite - Windspeed, passive ability which makes all of your cooldowns 2 seconds faster (minimum 1 second)

--------

Third (worst by far)

The third deck is by far the worst just because your opponent can use acro, possession, stoneform or any other blocking or dodging move to get out of the combo

As for cancid and other "best decks" I think that it depends on the deck you're up against. DS sheep vs exo decks doesn't work due to exoskeleton taking 2 seconds away from negative effects. All decks have a definite counter, and some decks, may seem op such as troll decks (Acrobatics and Stoneform) which are always blocking/dodging, while able to use an attack. It seems unfair until you get (sadly they're more expensive but what about pet battling isn't expensive) pets, like Cosmic Unicorn, Any Pteranus Rex, basically anything that can hit through shield, or dodge while PTE in my opinion is the most viable you have a few other options.

and pet battling really depends on your budget. if its like below 1 dl then you should probably stay away just because there aren't really any good decks that you can buy

Hey thanks this helps me a lot cause I just started yesterday and it is so fun. My first match with my friend is a win . I let my friend who have knowledge about PBs pick my pets.
    Hello Everybody!

HAVE FUN ON GROWTOPIA WELL IT IS A FUN GAME THOUGH.

🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    IGN: Aeios
    I Love Nature

Master Sorcerer

-------

Second Deck

--------

Third (worst by far)

Damn, thanks for the effort on all these. I have a few questions though.
    1. Are you saying that anything that can damage through shield and dodge is more viable than the gimmicky Death-Scarf-then-freeze-until-20-secs decks?
    2. Can you give me a few examples of good decks that can hit through shield and dodge?
    3. Can you also give an example of a troll deck that shields and dodges through everything?

I just wanna have an idea of what deck and playstyle I'd want for myself when the time comes that I start. Thanks a lot!
    IGN: Garral

Lesser Knight

Exclamation !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garral View Post
    Damn, thanks for the effort on all these. I have a few questions though.
    1. Are you saying that anything that can damage through shield and dodge is more viable than the gimmicky Death-Scarf-then-freeze-until-20-secs decks?
    2. Can you give me a few examples of good decks that can hit through shield and dodge?
    3. Can you also give an example of a troll deck that shields and dodges through everything?

I just wanna have an idea of what deck and playstyle I'd want for myself when the time comes that I start. Thanks a lot!
    I'm not saying that "troll" decks are more viable I'm just saying that if a person has this type of deck, and dodges / blocks before the ds can hit a ice laser if they have good timing the DS-Sheep users can't hit them because they cant hit / freeze through shield. (If you plan to go into tournament there are a bunch of spam decks, like spam acro pte (basically infinite dodge, because they use 2 of these, and since they use spam (Windspeed -2 seconds on cd) as soon as they swap they can attack (which is really hard to hit through, and I mean really/impossible unless they are laggy or not fast enough. Also, in my opinion tournament is broken. I entered twice since pet battling came out, the first tournament was imo way more balanced, but then people started boosting, crispr decks became way more "normal", and now tournament is just a mess, hoping for a revamp!

Some people use triple pte (full crispr), while some use "troll" pte (acro and stoneform). I would suggest if you use triple pte to use a deer self healer (Deer, Tyranotops (Defensive Gore), and Pumped up (heals you for 30hp). This heals both you and the deer (1 crispr). I wouldn't suggest to go for troll decks because usually, you see people with "troll" phlogiston's and if you have a (deer triple pte or any other pte deck) you will most likely be able to take them out before they have time to stack their damage. I also used to use a combination of tank (Burrito, moose, dryad) and cuni poss (Cosmic Unicorn (hits through dodge), Spiritual Resonator - forces your enemy into using a skill on itself [Possesion]) Acrobatics - Dodge for 5 seconds) Moose can hit through shield, while cuni hits through acro, burrito also helps a lot due to the passive -25% damage it gives you.

There are many "troll" decks that dodge through everything, but the one that is the most common is "troll" phlogiston. This is because it stacks damage as the battle goes on and can deal massive amounts of damage if it isn't killed off quickly. This deck consists of Phlogiston, Butterfly (Dodge attacks for 5s cd 10s), Grey Silkworm (Block attacks for 5s cd 10s). As you can see, since 5 + 5 = 10, they can infinitely because after they use acro, their butterfly cooldown will be at 5, and if they use stoneform they will be able to use acro, and its an infinite cycle. You can also find a wide variety of "troll" decks, like "troll" dryad, pte. (They do not dodge through everything, just attacks that can't hit through shielding or dodging, like dryad, bunny, frog, ice drag, owl (while the owl still gets dodge) dryad and frog being the most common pets, usually people don't fight you if you have a troll deck and they cant hit through shield / dodge just because its really not fun to go against, and (imo) it's really not that fun to use and that's the entire reason I sold my DS-Sheep (second deck if you were curious), it just wasn't fun to play with so I sold it and bought more decks that I could interchange and play with

Hope this helps, and sorry for the late reply

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeios View Post
    Hey thanks this helps me a lot cause I just started yesterday and it is so fun. My first match with my friend is a win . I let my friend who have knowledge about PBs pick my pets.
    If you wouldn't mind me asking, what decks are you using?

Tip: Don't copy the deck I made when I was 12.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)

Lesser Knight

Lightbulb tip !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    Tip: Don't copy the deck I made when I was 12.
    don't make decks. buy them! (I mean just an overall tip not trying to say you cant make your own but its cheaper to buy pre-made decks ex diamond drag sheep deck is 45-50 dls for both while diamond drag itself (I believe) is 45-50 dls

What deck did you make when you were 12? Curious

don't make decks. buy them! (I mean just an overall tip not trying to say you cant make your own but its cheaper to buy pre-made decks ex diamond drag sheep deck is 45-50 dls for both while diamond drag itself (I believe) is 45-50 dls

I bet the deck he made as a kid was lep, burrito, and minigrowtopian.
    Official Oven Producer of the World FORUMERBASE

Air: Butterfly + Sonar Bracelet (Bat) + Owl
    Earth: Mini Growtopian + Leprechaun + Dryad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minonin View Post
    I bet the deck he made as a kid was lep, burrito, and minigrowtopian.
    Quite close. I originally wanted to make that deck before Dryad was added into the game.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)