Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Whats With The New Mini-Mods?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    3,967

    Default Whats With The New Mini-Mods?

    I've been seeing them a lot now, they weren't here a few weeks ago, whats with the sudden upsurge.
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer DreadVoidGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy, far far away
    Posts
    2,441

    Default

    Prob because of the new moderator 2.0
    I quitted
    REEEEEE

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard TheMappper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    ass
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Hello user!

    Don't call people minimods you are being a meanie


    Have a lovely day,
    LumiNyte
    Discord tag: LumiNyte#2390
    🇹🇷
    𝓟𝓔𝓐𝑪𝓔 𝓐𝓝𝓓 𝓣𝓡𝓐𝓝𝓠𝓤𝓘𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨
    #FREEBITELORD
    #BITELORD IS ALIVE AND WELL HERE

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    People want to be mods so hard..
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

    ______________________________________

    Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    CYPRUS
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Hello user!

    Don't call people minimods you are being a meanie


    Have a lovely day,
    TobyLerasco

    Joke joke, prolly cause of new mod application in coming
    There is something they don’t know how being moderator works
    I bet 200 bucks they would step down within a week or so

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard TheMappper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    ass
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOBYL View Post
    Hello user!

    Don't call people minimods you are being a meanie


    Have a lovely day,
    TobyLerasco
    yu mennie stöle mi sentance
    Discord tag: LumiNyte#2390
    🇹🇷
    𝓟𝓔𝓐𝑪𝓔 𝓐𝓝𝓓 𝓣𝓡𝓐𝓝𝓠𝓤𝓘𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨
    #FREEBITELORD
    #BITELORD IS ALIVE AND WELL HERE

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer NotSeedTopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Malay-asia
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Hello user!

    Don't call people minimods you are being a meanie


    Have a lovely day,
    minkrafgmar5026920052890750728962746

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMappper View Post
    yu mennie stöle mi sentance
    yu mennie stöle mi sentance
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    My face: (nonexistant)

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Whoa whoa getting a lot of hate here
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard DracoTDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Real answer: The new Canadian branch of the team and the new moderators in game have probably sparked a surge of people thinking moderator applications will reopen soon, and so many people want the powers of a mod without the job so they come to the forums to look like more active, supporting members of the community.

    Opinion: I wouldn't use the term mini-mod. Although I don't really appreciate them and can find them annoying at times, we should look out for them since all they're trying to do is help out the community here.
    IGN: dracotdragon
    Twitter: @dracotdragon (where I'm most active )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiBJ5assm4
    The BiteLordist Forums! Create an account here!

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,578

    Default

    most of us are doing it ironically but the real mini mods are popping outta nowhere thanks to the moderator application that is coming
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    2,778

    Default A reply YO!

    Hello.

    Please do not be rude to minimods,
    they just want to get powers so you should
    speak to them with patience.

    Cheers,
    Deftera
    Permabanned through requesting.
    A fan of Touhou and Hatsune Miku, I also like anime.
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Koishi Komeiji Best Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    i now speak fluent japanese

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DracoTDragon View Post
    Real answer: The new Canadian branch of the team and the new moderators in game have probably sparked a surge of people thinking moderator applications will reopen soon, and so many people want the powers of a mod without the job so they come to the forums to look like more active, supporting members of the community.

    Opinion: I wouldn't use the term mini-mod. Although I don't really appreciate them and can find them annoying at times, we should look out for them since all they're trying to do is help out the community here.
    Yes, but they’re doing an imitation of support and moderators, and talk as if they’re with them. Or rather, they want to show that they can also handle the job of a moderator. Its annoying
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  13. #13
    Lesser Wizard Zepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Why do ppl want to be a mod? More work anyway
    IGN: ZeppyZ
    Subscribe to my YouTube channel pls:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClH...L-cinVt_9IxgdQ

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    12,569

    Default

    Honestly, I've noticed this trend every time there's new moderators. As soon as players see another player become a moderator, they suddenly want to jump in on the action in hopes of becoming moderators themselves.


    guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao

    #FireAncient founder

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard CoolAkramTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I can agree with you on this issue. Many people have been supportive all of a sudden, I've come back to the forums because I wanted to socialize with Growtopians outside the game.
    GrowID: CoolAkramTV
    World: CATV


    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Who are you and where did you come from?
    YouTube: CoolAkramTV (i upload videos there i guess)
    Hold that phone, okay?

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Anticonstitutionnellement
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    because they're all pathethic virgins who will never be successful in life

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Why do ppl want to be a mod? More work anyway
    Maybe because of fame and power? Who knows their motives? One thing they don't know, or maybe ignorant to is the fact that mods work very hard, to ban scammers, hackers, trying to reply to daily overwhelming messages, etc.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

    Insta account: @pokekidgt

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Josh289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    While most of these players are just trying to make themselves appear more resourceful and knowledgeable than they actually are in hopes of becoming a moderator, there are a few players out there who are purely genuine and try to help out other players simply because they find enjoyment in it.

    As others have also mentioned, the recent influx of new moderators has encouraged the community to try their hardest to join in on the act. There’s nothing wrong with this, other than the fact that in some ways their knowledge is a bit skewed. For example, when a player is even considered for a position such as a moderator, literally everything they’ve ever done in Growtopia and social media is carefully scrutinized. This means that any traces of immature behavior, inappropriate language or references, rule violations and such essentially destroy one’s chances of being promoted to a moderator. Even a million acts of kindness and maturity cannot cover up those “crimes” that almost every single player has committed.

    And even creating a positive persona for yourself isn’t enough to be worthy of such a lofty position. Commitment, knowledge, personality, intelligence and everything you could ever imagine are just as important.

    I’m sure many people wish to become moderators, which is a great thing, but there’s more to it than you think. As long as you follow the Growtopian Code and never divert from it, you have a chance!
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

    Growtopia Username: Lewius


  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer NotTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    In my room, Multitasking.
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    While most of these players are just trying to make themselves appear more resourceful and knowledgeable than they actually are in hopes of becoming a moderator, there are a few players out there who are purely genuine and try to help out other players simply because they find enjoyment in it.

    As others have also mentioned, the recent influx of new moderators has encouraged the community to try their hardest to join in on the act. There’s nothing wrong with this, other than the fact that in some ways their knowledge is a bit skewed. For example, when a player is even considered for a position such as a moderator, literally everything they’ve ever done in Growtopia and social media is carefully scrutinized. This means that any traces of immature behavior, inappropriate language or references, rule violations and such essentially destroy one’s chances of being promoted to a moderator. Even a million acts of kindness and maturity cannot cover up those “crimes” that almost every single player has committed.

    And even creating a positive persona for yourself isn’t enough to be worthy of such a lofty position. Commitment, knowledge, personality, intelligence and everything you could ever imagine are just as important.

    I’m sure many people wish to become moderators, which is a great thing, but there’s more to it than you think. As long as you follow the Growtopian Code and never divert from it, you have a chance!
    Yes...
    Indeed...
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

    Guides

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer BuffaloBom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    humama hihih
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    I've been seeing them a lot now, they weren't here a few weeks ago, whats with the sudden upsurge.
    well real mods are too 'busy'

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •