Thread: Leave a message if people aren't online.

Default Leave a message if people aren't online.

Wouldn't it be great if you could leave a message for a person that's offline?

If they made this update, I would suggest there would be a button when you log on, that would lead you directly to the messages people have left you while you were offline.

Just a quick thought I had, since I try to contact some of my friends, but never catch them when they're online, due to the time difference.

Thus the use of Mailboxes. Ask your friends to place one in their worlds, so you can leave them a message.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: Beta (GL)
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#9999
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJr View Post
    Thus the use of Mailboxes. Ask your friends to place one in their worlds, so you can leave them a message.
    Yea I know, but people almost never check their mailboxes and I can never talk to him because I'm not online when he is, but with this way, people know they got a message and can read it wherever they are in GT.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Craith View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if you could leave a message for a person that's offline?

If they made this update, I would suggest there would be a button when you log on, that would lead you directly to the messages people have left you while you were offline.

Just a quick thought I had, since I try to contact some of my friends, but never catch them when they're online, due to the time difference.
    Hello Dearest Craith!

Please note that i do not disagree with you, i personally thinks it´s a fine suggestion since my friends aren't online when i am. I don't think this would be added since there already is a "solution" to this which is the bulletin board, the guest book, and mailbox.

Positive: You can write to your friend if he is offline and doesn't have a board/guest book/mailbox.

Negative: If you have a friend that likes trolling he could spam the offline inbox, to make the offline inbox the developers has to not only code the new command/buttons but also make a new database for the offline messages which will suck haha even tho it's their job.

Im sorry if you disagree but i think its close to relevant

- Gustav30103
    -Gulleboi-

YouTube: Gustav30103_gt

Instagram: Gustav30103_gt

About my country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrmuaQrdNw

Quote Originally Posted by gustav30103_gt View Post
    Hello Dearest Craith!

Please note that i do not disagree with you, i personally thinks it´s a fine suggestion since my friends aren't online when i am. I don't think this would be added since there already is a "solution" to this which is the bulletin board, the guest book, and mailbox.

Positive: You can write to your friend if he is offline and doesn't have a board/guest book/mailbox.

Negative: If you have a friend that likes trolling he could spam the offline inbox, to make the offline inbox the developers has to not only code the new command/buttons but also make a new database for the offline messages which will suck haha even tho it's their job.

Im sorry if you disagree but i think its close to relevant

- Gustav30103
    Then they could make it like the bulletin board, where you max can leave 3 messages.

Yea I know, but people almost never check their mailboxes and I can never talk to him because I'm not online when he is, but with this way, people know they got a message and can read it wherever they are in GT.
    +1

I have the same problem.
    Nice to meet you!

”Words are powerful.”

Thank you DavidDoesPBG for my avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by IPedro View Post
    +1

I have the same problem.
    is your name iPedro or LPedro? I own the world iPedro

Although we do have items such as mailboxes, I do agree completely with the OP. Having an in-game inbox system would be great to have for the times when you are unable to reach a player online. It would definitely be more effective than the mailbox, (small, limited amount of messages and characters).

Preferably, the inbox system would allow you to send an infinite number of messages, perhaps 250 characters (or less), each. This is something that you should have in your social menu. Group chats would be awesome, too!
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 104
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Banned

is your name iPedro or LPedro? I own the world iPedro
    My friend has created a website for that:
    https://iorl.info