Thread: WHAT TO DO AFTER GETTING SCAMMED

Default WHAT TO DO AFTER GETTING SCAMMED

Scamming is a thing not only in Growtopia, it happens in real life, work, other games and etc. Once you get tricked it hits you like a truck, not knowing what to do after your items are taken away from you. Ive been there myself, and i want to share why i still chose to keep fighting.

Once you get scammed, the first reaction would be “Return my items please : (“ as the scammer goes on and continue as if NOTHING happened. “No biggie” the scammer says.
    Losing the items you worked hard for can really be depressing and heart breaking. “Why me?” you say to yourself as you grieve for the hard work that was took from you. I’ll explain to you why. Everything happens for a REASON. You didn’t get scammed for nothing, you got scammed for SOMETHING. Something more valuable than what you lost, and that something is the lesson. The lesson you get from being put into that situation. It is up to us whether we use that lesson as inspiration and work hard better than before, or just drop everything and mourn for the next two weeks and end up with nothing.

Do you want people to remember you as someone who gave up? or someone who kept holding on? It will be hard i assure you, but this is a fight everyone takes part of. There will be bad guys and good guys no matter where we are in this world, well that.. we cant change. What we can change is our attitude towards these kinds of situations. “You may have fallen now but...soon or later, everyone does.” Let’s make our time playing Growtopia not wasted on sadness, but rather in happiness. Forgive those who hurt you not because they want to.. but because you are YOU.

Suzaku.

And always remember the typical avoid getting scammed tactics. For those who don't know, STOPDONTDROP is a good world resource.

I abide by these three tips.
    -Stop don't drop.
    -If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
    -Check everything, it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

Avoiding getting scammed is much better than getting scammed in the first place. However, don't give up hope. Learn from your mistakes(trust me, many people get scammed), and learn from them.

Thumbs up

I am no veteran in this game; and I haven't been scammed (yet) nor will be (hopefully). Here's my take on this:

To avoid such circumstances, I simply delimit myself from entrusting anybody with ALL that I have--particularly the items that I worked hard for. Honestly, it is not hard to steer away from scams and from being scammed since (most of the time) we can just simply ignore it. If the situation is avoidable--I simply do not partake in such and I immediately leave the world.

Additionally, one good thing to do to avoid getting scammed is to focus on your own business. Do whatever it is that makes you happy. Strive towards your goal, and claim it. These simple actions keeps me/us away from the delusion of earning item in a snap. Hence, we stay away from being a victim or a part of scam/s.
    instagram: dovaogedys_gt
    valar dohaeris; valar morghulis.

Quote Originally Posted by -Suzaku View Post
    Scamming is a thing not only in Growtopia, it happens in real life, work, other games and etc. Once you get tricked it hits you like a truck, not knowing what to do after your items are taken away from you. Ive been there myself, and i want to share why i still chose to keep fighting.

Once you get scammed, the first reaction would be “Return my items please : (“ as the scammer goes on and continue as if NOTHING happened. “No biggie” the scammer says.
    Losing the items you worked hard for can really be depressing and heart breaking. “Why me?” you say to yourself as you grieve for the hard work that was took from you. I’ll explain to you why. Everything happens for a REASON. You didn’t get scammed for nothing, you got scammed for SOMETHING. Something more valuable than what you lost, and that something is the lesson. The lesson you get from being put into that situation. It is up to us whether we use that lesson as inspiration and work hard better than before, or just drop everything and mourn for the next two weeks and end up with nothing.

Do you want people to remember you as someone who gave up? or someone who kept holding on? It will be hard i assure you, but this is a fight everyone takes part of. There will be bad guys and good guys no matter where we are in this world, well that.. we cant change. What we can change is our attitude towards these kinds of situations. “You may have fallen now but...soon or later, everyone does.” Let’s make our time playing Growtopia not wasted on sadness, but rather in happiness. Forgive those who hurt you not because they want to.. but because you are YOU.

Suzaku.
    what you have to do is don't post it on forums lol

discord tag: BuffaloBom#6062
    my discord server
    add me on roblox
    scraggy is my waifu
    http://hamumu.com/images/menu/yerflogo.png
    humama hihih

if you see a suspicious person you better leave
    🇮🇩Rimuoi

Play Growtopia Since August 2018 (actually 2016 but only 1month)

Instagram: @Rimuoi._

This my Goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloxinia View Post
    I'm trying become a normal human that never giveup

Its a guide on what to do. For those who dont know what to do AFTER they have been scammed. Ofcourse its best to prevent it, this is just my thoughts on what to do if it does happen.

sometimes we need to go backward before we can move forward
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?