Thread: Staying at the forum (Moderator)

Arrow Staying at the forum (Moderator)

HAy guys, I came here to the forum to find a fix to my device but then i thought i should probably stay here. I have watched little closely what you guys are doing here and talking about and all of them seem to be very interesting. the thing i wanna talk about is moderators mostly.
    i thought mini mods get to become mods and i thought it works like that but as i watched your posts i noticed that it was not the case here. people like minimods dont get chosen to be mods but instant the opposite.

I noticed and watched(Im not a stalker xD) while mini mods are trying to be helpful but annoy the heck out of the forum people... i want to ask how moderation actually works and ubisoft mention that those who are chosen to be moderators are helpful, positive, drama free, issue free, active forumers and gamers, etc... since im new here...... whats the point of being a moderator like whats awesome about that nothing right... like i dont know whats the idea.

are there anyone who ubisoft has asked to be moderators and but then turned it down because i would like to know who they are. we could have a boy on boy bear xD.
    also why havent these guys also chosen that day when v2.0 came out. i mean they are issue free, drama free, and still not chosen
    ill mention these forumers who i found. [HIDDEN]... I for sure thought that bitelord was chosen but nah and can ubisoft really define worthiness here like who is the most worthy. btw how to reach laser wizard.
    Last edited by Gruiphre; 06-14-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruiphre View Post
    HAy guys, I came here to the forum to find a fix to my device but then i thought i should probably stay here. I have watched little closely what you guys are doing here and talking about and all of them seem to be very interesting. the thing i wanna talk about is moderators mostly.
    i thought mini mods get to become mods and i thought it works like that but as i watched your posts i noticed that it was not the case here. people like minimods dont get chosen to be mods but instant the opposite.

I noticed and watched(Im not a stalker xD) while mini mods are trying to be helpful but annoy the heck out of the forum people... i want to ask how moderation actually works and ubisoft mention that those who are chosen to be moderators are helpful, positive, drama free, issue free, active forumers and gamers, etc... since im new here...... whats the point of being a moderator like whats awesome about that nothing right... like i dont know whats the idea.

are there anyone who ubisoft has asked to be moderators and but then turned it down because i would like to know who they are. we could have a boy on boy bear xD.
    also why havent these guys also chosen that day when v2.0 came out. i mean they are issue free, drama free, and still not chosen
    ill mention these forumers who i found. GrowStone, Bitelord, biteforce, Corrects... I for sure thought that bitelord was chosen but nah and can ubisoft really define worthiness here like who is the most worthy. btw how to reach laser wizard.
    They ban, duct tape, curse, freeze, fire you. By the way, What do you mean Bitelord?

Heya folks, my NAME is 1NB4
    or that guy who always gets disconnected badly anytime!

Inactive cuz of School.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco
    Bring peace into the game, STOP FIGHTING!

#ByeMediaZeus

Quote Originally Posted by MediaZeus View Post
    They ban, duct tape, curse, freeze, fire you. By the way, What do you mean Bitelord?
    His helpful you know? isn't he?

At the surface, yeah.

But if you dig deeper, nah.
    I quitted

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post
    At the surface, yeah.

then who is the most helpful here in the forum. like doesn't have a dark past or anything everyhthing is cool with him

- - - Updated - - -

i will research right now to see who is the most worthy in this forum and be right back with you guys

About me, I help anyone if in needed, do services for free and a friend of bitelord OwO

Heya folks, my NAME is 1NB4
    or that guy who always gets disconnected badly anytime!

Inactive cuz of School.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco
    Bring peace into the game, STOP FIGHTING!

#ByeMediaZeus

ill mention these forumers who i found. GrowStone, Bitelord, biteforce, Corrects... I for sure thought that bitelord was chosen but nah and can ubisoft really define worthiness here like who is the most worthy. btw how to reach laser wizard.
    I won't go into details about those people that you mentioned, but I wouldn't feel comfortable having any of them as mods. Most have quite a bit of drama behind them, (one literally has his own cult following?) another is a very obvious mini-mod. Not naming any names though, as singling out is illegal here and I would rather not get in trouble.

Mini-mods are people who are friendly and (sometimes) helpful, but try way too hard at it, and definitely are only doing it to become a moderator one day. Some I'm sure only want that in hopes of future wealth and popularity. Not all mini-mods are like this, but a fairly alarming amount of them are. Since we had the announcement of the 2.0 moderators, we have had a surge in mini-mods doing it just in hopes to be chosen, and most I'm sure, for the wrong reasons.

The moderators that were chosen in 2.0 have all been around for a very long time. Most from 2013. They know a lot about the game and know exactly what they need to do in order to benefit the community. It's not an easy job, and I'm not sure why people take it so lightly in saying that they would like to become a moderator. It's not a simple task, and it is something that you should expect to put a lot of time into.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 104
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    My Discord server link: https://discord.gg/Jj5hWy3
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

At the surface, yeah.

how dare you insult our lord and savior bitelord-chan

At the surface, yeah.

Pretty accurate post not gonna lie
    Afterall OP only has 7 posts, so probably he's just seen the most active people, not necessarily the best kind.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

Yeah, since the old days it has been pretty consistent (and as mentioned by Clover, the 2.0 announcement caused a surge) to have people “mini-modding” the forums. They’re often less helpful and cause a lot of clutter, while also doing it strictly to become a moderator. I can almost guarantee 90% of people claiming they “want to help others” are truthfully doing it in an attempt to become a mod...which doesn’t work.

And I’m with you - the people selected to be moderators don’t focus on the position because they fit the qualities necessary. They understand that it is a serious task, it isn’t about fame, and really is given to trusted, mature players who can offer help to others with their experience.

Mini-mods are people who like, try too hard to become something they aren't, some people can just not try too hard but be moderator material (helpful kind etc) , then those are the actual people who are deserving of mod

And about the moderator 2.0 thing, I am not worthy lol pretty sure there's a lot more helpful people out there, and my history is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too toxic but I won't go into that

Also lesser wizard is achieved from getting a specific amount of posts , not sure how many but ok
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Mini modding isn't annoying, it's more of abnoxious, cause mini mods already tell you what you already know of and somehow tell you in a very abnoxious respectful formal matter.

Master Sorcerer

“Helpful, positive, drama-free”

ROFL LOL.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

There's no way to become moderator. You just have to be yourself and help if you can, if they notice you and you fit to their requirements then you'll get chosen. You don't need to do something odd to get noticed.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Why is my name on top of the list
    I get treated of mini-modding though on the inside, I don't really care about becoming a moderator anymore.
    I mean, think about it. When they hire you as a moderator, here are the cons:
    - You become a slave of Ubisoft, no salary, no rewards, nothing
    -> Implies that you're wasting your time
    - With that time, you could learn something useful like programming which actually makes money and helps you with your future
    - The dream of becoming a moderator just for the @ and the colored name. Like seriously? Why in the world would I become a slave (cough Moderator cough) just to get two useless things?
    - You literally have to deal with a ton of rule breakers in game which affects you. When you "hand out" with rule breakers, you become prone to becoming one yourself too. No thanks, I'm good as I am.
    - You can't have fun anymore, everyone will start talking about how you're not doing your job right anymore.

Pros:
    - Moderate the game you love
    - Be famous and get wands for free
    - Get the power to ban people and be invisible

I do admit that I wanted to become one in the early days (2017, I started playing in 2015), but that's not the case anymore because I've grown up and realized it's absolutely not worth wasting my future.
    Now let me ask you, what do you care about more, your future, or the future of a game?
    Of course you can still help Ubisoft without really moderating the game (like help discovering bugs and glitches in your free time)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and, why are you singling us out? It's illegal.
    Please remove our names from the post or I'll have to report you.
    Last edited by GrowStone; 06-12-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

BITJELORRD
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)

Okay this question is for you all including community manager @Nekorei. hopefully she sees this or ill spam her name here until i get a warning or something. kidding... yeah i'm sarcastic boy.

Nekorei:
    anyways when the v3.0 application will be open like what will it take for those people to be chosen and how can you choose from thousands i mean dont ubisoft get tired. one obvious question is how many are you going to choose? is 5 the limit or is it 10. and with those applications since there are hundreds... are you just going to skip some of the application and move to the other until you see someone interesting

second question: are there already moderators you expect to choose, what i mean is if someone is perfect to your requirements or is deserving to be a mod for reason. will they be the first application you will check.

third one: is there ever going to be more waves or will that be last one. if there will be. will there be a another application.

fourth one: will those moderators have to be so long played players from the forum like the v2.0 or will they be somehow different. will they also have different task's then the v2.0?

For the others:

first question: who do you think is the most deserving to be a mod. who is the most useful one.

second one: what country do you wish had moderators (some people were talking about it...)

third one: what do you think how moderator application is going to impact the forum/in-game

fourth one: which former moderator do you want to return to moderating

fifth one: [HIdden for obvious reason because there isn't a fifth question]

first question: who do you think is the most deserving to be a mod. who is the most useful one.
    I would select no one as a moderator at the current moment. LyveWyre would be a decent choice, but I am not sure about his activity and such.

second one: what country do you wish had moderators (some people were talking about it...)
    I think countries where there are large player bases of non-English speakers. Indonesia comes to mind, as there are few moderators (if any) who are Indonesian.

third one: what do you think how moderator application is going to impact the forum/in-game
    Moderator applications tend to make the forums crazy. As aforementioned, mini-mods often pretentiously give vague information and cause a ton of disruptions since other users feel a vicious impulse to harass the mini-mods. This results in a pretty toxic cycle of feigned positivity and reproach of such.

fourth one: which former moderator do you want to return to moderating
    Coldplay easily. Though, iSG might be fun.

fifth one: [HIdden for obvious reason because there isn't a fifth question]
    Okay.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

Contact Info:

Like they said before Moderators help keep the game stable and punish those who do not follow the rules moderators are here to help anyway they can.
    Jupser