Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    Do you think that your password was easy to guess? or did you use the same passwords in multiple places
    I dont have it in many places (but few), and it really was not easy to guess.
    Juyt70
    Ign: FunPlayerGt2
    Twitch: FunPlayer GT
    Youtube: FunPlayer GT
    Finland is ice hockey world champions of 2019!!

Quote Originally Posted by juyt70 View Post
    So I was hacked, lost almost 2 dls, geiger, crystals and others. So I think this is my last time to touch this game so thanks for nothing.
    oooooooooof
    discord tag: BuffaloBom#6062
    my discord server
    add me on roblox

humama hihih

Quote Originally Posted by juyt70 View Post
    I dont have it in many places (but few), and it really was not easy to guess.
    It is possible (but unlikely) that your password was compromised through another service because you used the same password. I say unlikely because the probability the hacker on that service, especially if unrelated to Growtopia, would need to be interested in Growtopia.

I was recently hacked and have no idea how it happened either, as I am very safe. Good luck, but I doubt support will help you.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I speak when I need to. Don’t count me out yet!

Contact Info:

Default Hacked by Yungnino

So June 6th 2019 at about 3:30pm EST I was headed to work when I felt like checking growtopia first. I go on to see that “Already on?!” message which is alarming considering I was not. I got to see the set that I always wear was taken off and the world I created half broken. I checked my inventory to see all my items gone and the world I made locked by Yungnino. Very well some may argue he bought the world from the real hacker. I proceeded to check all my other worlds, BREAKD is currently owned by yungnino, DOFB, 6ZILP, ICEMAN10, You name it all them were gone. I was in ICEMAN10 when this happened and I went back to my main bff world, BREAKD, to see the owner and I guess his friend who had access to have ownership over my emerald lock, growscan, xenonyte crystal, antigravity, possession over all my diamond locks, I stress at least 200dls worth of items gone, to a guy who pretended e didn’t know what happened followed by him sending the /love emote and exiting the world to then pm me twice. I had 2 step verification on, my password was hard, and I had received about 5 password requests to my email about 5 minutes prior to the hack. I contacted growtopia support, of course the first email took a day then I just received the next email asking “How do you know Yungnino?” today which is 8 days later. Like I know because I saw him with all my stuff?? Damn if it’s really this hard to get help is it worth playing anymore...? -Millioniare

Quote Originally Posted by WellThatSucks View Post
    So June 6th 2019 at about 3:30pm EST I was headed to work when I felt like checking growtopia first. I go on to see that “Already on?!” message which is alarming considering I was not. I got to see the set that I always wear was taken off and the world I created half broken. I checked my inventory to see all my items gone and the world I made locked by Yungnino. Very well some may argue he bought the world from the real hacker. I proceeded to check all my other worlds, BREAKD is currently owned by yungnino, DOFB, 6ZILP, ICEMAN10, You name it all them were gone. I was in ICEMAN10 when this happened and I went back to my main bff world, BREAKD, to see the owner and I guess his friend who had access to have ownership over my emerald lock, growscan, xenonyte crystal, antigravity, possession over all my diamond locks, I stress at least 200dls worth of items gone, to a guy who pretended e didn’t know what happened followed by him sending the /love emote and exiting the world to then pm me twice. I had 2 step verification on, my password was hard, and I had received about 5 password requests to my email about 5 minutes prior to the hack. I contacted growtopia support, of course the first email took a day then I just received the next email asking “How do you know Yungnino?” today which is 8 days later. Like I know because I saw him with all my stuff?? Damn if it’s really this hard to get help is it worth playing anymore...? -Millioniare
    Perhaps it is just selection bias, but it seems many people that have had a good track record with account security (you have been playing for years, if I am correct) have been hacked recently. I know I was targeted. It seems peculiar that a paucity of the players I would generally think have safeguarded accounts have all had their accounts compromised recently. It could be entirely coincidence or players having exploitable flaws in their security, but as I told support, it is worth investigating, and they should not brush all suspicion aside.

Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    Perhaps it is just selection bias, but it seems many people that have had a good track record with account security (you have been playing for years, if I am correct) have been hacked recently. I know I was targeted. It seems peculiar that a paucity of the players I would generally think have safeguarded accounts have all had their accounts compromised recently. It could be entirely coincidence or players having exploitable flaws in their security, but as I told support, it is worth investigating, and they should not brush all suspicion aside.
    Well I have been playing for 1800+ days according to my account activation day and as much as I can tell this game has had numerous forms of scammers and hackers, I have never truly had an account thief take everything. I told growtopia support all I could to assist them in the case and I forwarded my emails a couple of times because I’m sure they get flooded with them but even then it’s almost as if they just pick and goose who they want to answer or if they want to drop a case. Meanwhile this player actively runs BREAKD with all my stuff. Sad to see it be #39 Farm world and I can’t even own it.

Quote Originally Posted by WellThatSucks View Post
    Well I have been playing for 1800+ days according to my account activation day and as much as I can tell this game has had numerous forms of scammers and hackers, I have never truly had an account thief take everything. I told growtopia support all I could to assist them in the case and I forwarded my emails a couple of times because I’m sure they get flooded with them but even then it’s almost as if they just pick and goose who they want to answer or if they want to drop a case. Meanwhile this player actively runs BREAKD with all my stuff. Sad to see it be #39 Farm world and I can’t even own it.
    I know the feeling. My world SEEDED was taken, sold multiple times, name changed to split name from contents, and sold again. As time goes on, the more times it changes hands, the less of a chance I have at getting it back.

It has been eight days since the first automated response, and I have yet to hear back. I would be careful about forwarding too much, as they do not like aggressive reminders, but I think that is probably the right idea. I can attempt to restore the actual items lost, but Growtokens, soul stones — those take months or years to restore, and I do not have that time.

Good luck with your case — and everyone else theirs — as I will keep asking around about what is going on and try to investigate myself as to what I might have done wrong.

Contact Info:

So if you were hacked like many suggest change your password make sure it not easy to guess like don't make it like your username or your world name. Hopefully never happens again in the future always make your password strong
    Jupser

Default My thoughts

Btw theres no reason I was targeted as I didn't really tell anyone that i had almost 2 dls. Only people who should know is people who watched my thread (talking about farmable) in forum. So I suspect that the hacker is one of forumers.
    Juyt70
    Ign: FunPlayerGt2
    Twitch: FunPlayer GT
    Youtube: FunPlayer GT
    Finland is ice hockey world champions of 2019!!