Thread: Beaware of new scam trick

Exclamation Beaware of new scam trick

i got scammed when i wanna buy 6.6k seed laser grid, droped in a world. he drop that seed stacked so i can't count that seed if not using Growscan. he put growscan, so i check floating item. Growscan say it's 6.6 seed, i'm a little bit curious abaout an item that he put beside the wl. i dunno what item is that, so i just ignoring it, he say to double check growscan, i trust him. then he break the growscan and item beside the wl. then i trade 562 wls for 6.6seed laser grid. trade is success, then i put my growscan to check again. I don't know what happened but the seed only 4k left. Be aware of this new scam trick, i don't know what the name of that item, maybe anyone in this forum can help

Was it a storage box thingy? Tbh idk I'm just curious (they added them when I was away so idk how they work).
    Official Oven Producer of the World FORUMERBASE

Thanks I guess. Seems that people are more interested to have new ideas on how to scam people instead of giving out tips on how to prevent it.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 46
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paul ( Punchas/Puchy )#2613

Quote Originally Posted by 0deegres View Post
    i got scammed when i wanna buy 6.6k seed laser grid, droped in a world. he drop that seed stacked so i can't count that seed if not using Growscan. he put growscan, so i check floating item. Growscan say it's 6.6 seed, i'm a little bit curious abaout an item that he put beside the wl. i dunno what item is that, so i just ignoring it, he say to double check growscan, i trust him. then he break the growscan and item beside the wl. then i trade 562 wls for 6.6seed laser grid. trade is success, then i put my growscan to check again. I don't know what happened but the seed only 4k left. Be aware of this new scam trick, i don't know what the name of that item, maybe anyone in this forum can help
    Do research on suspicious "stuff". Be more vigilant. Try not to be nervous while doing the trade.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

Insta account: @pokekidgt

Quote Originally Posted by Puchas View Post
    Thanks I guess. Seems that people are more interested to have new ideas on how to scam people instead of giving out tips on how to prevent it.
    Nah bro I took a 2 year break from gt (they added those storage box thingies in that time), so I'm just asking him if that was the item used to scam him, so if it is other people know to look out for it, so they won't get scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  box extreme.png
Views: 377
Size:  861 Bytes

This thing

Lesser Wizard Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minonin View Post
    Nah bro I took a 2 year break from gt (they added those storage box thingies in that time), so I'm just asking him if that was the item used to scam him, so if it is other people know to look out for it, so they won't get scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  box extreme.png
Views: 377
Size:  861 Bytes

This thing
    You can't trade worlds with these things with items though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 0deegres View Post
    i'm a little bit curious abaout an item that he put beside the wl. i dunno what item is that, so i just ignoring it
    can you be a bit nore specific on the item?
    Ok

Oh ok, so then idk what it would've been.

Maybe next time take a screenshot if you're concerned something is suspicious, don't go ahead with the deal, and post the screenshot on the forums to warn others.

Old Scam Trick He Put Door With Id And Public Block Like Garbage
    Next Time Check World Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Holybat View Post
    Old Scam Trick He Put Door With Id And Public Block Like Garbage
    Next Time Check World Blocks
    Wrong. You can't trade worlds where there is garbage placed on top of dropped items anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Musher View Post
    stop trying to be a mod u will never become one smh learn to have fun.
    Racism is racism, having fun is having fun. Both are two different things and it is not even related to each other
    IGN : iScreamSoda

A Software Engineering student

Geiger Searching World : RFO

Also selling some items @ BUYGAPPLE

Guides :
    Surgery (it is useless now, after the new update)

Joined date: 7 September 2013

u should ask the owner to put growscan in the last time
    because growscan have a bug
    idk if it fixed or not but the bug it happen when i try to take fossil a few weeks ago
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate

New Ez Profit MethodVideo Below

Oh ok, so then idk what it would've been.

Maybe next time take a screenshot if you're concerned something is suspicious, don't go ahead with the deal, and post the screenshot on the forums to warn others.
    finally i found out name of that item, its extractor dynamo. maybe there glicth with growscan, when he put 2.6k seed infront of the extractor dynamo, and then he take it. the total number of seed still same = 6.6k seed. maybe there a glitch with growscan.
    note : when i enter the world, i did'nt see anything in front of extractor dynamo, seed is on left side off the wl, dynamo is on the right beside the wl

- - - Updated - - -

Was it a storage box thingy? Tbh idk I'm just curious (they added them when I was away so idk how they work).
    that item is extracto dynamo

Press F, that friccing thing also scammed ma wls.
    IGN: 1NB4

If you see someone with the MediaZeus name Ingame,it's not me. I changed my name to 1NB4!

My new forum account! Please click me !

thanks for the warning.
    真の幸福を達成.

Master Sorcerer

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...73#post3997873

already wrote something about this but hey ubisoft doesn't care.

just drop a dirt block or something worthless to reset the scan if you don't trust the scan.
    ign: BladeGamer

Did you do /who before trading? I got scammed big time when purchasing 200 packs of surgs. They were dropped also stacked. Gscanned, all looked good but when the trade was made... well there was lot of people in world and most of the tools was stacked other side of the world, they just stand next to the tools and picked them up after world trade. Yeah, im dumb ass

Edit. Funniest part is that i sold all my expensive stuff/clothing and was going to do LOT of surgs. Now im trying to start all over, got 4wl left
    Gonna try to sell some worlds for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Puchas View Post
    With every new feature added to the game, people will try and exploit it and figure out ways to manipulate people using it.
    I'm not familiar with what laser grids are. But then again I've been away for years. I'm sure I'll learn soon enough what the scam is, how it works and how to watch out for it. The moderators are usually pretty quick to bring such information out for the playerbase to be aware of.
    -Thadirth

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...73#post3997873

already wrote something about this but hey ubisoft doesn't care.

just drop a dirt block or something worthless to reset the scan if you don't trust the scan.
    Hey thanks for reporting this. We'll go and test this one out.

------

@0deegres: Thank you for warning players about this scam. It is indeed frustrating to be scammed.

Just a reminder though: It is always good to be careful, vigilant and not be too trusting when dealing with players in the game.

I was aware of this scam all a long, damn I should've reported it.

A simple trick to counter this scam is to ask the owner to break the Growscan and place it again. That way, the scan will reset and you will get the live amount
    IGN: Eutimio

Discord: Eutimio#0415

Instagram: @Eutimio_GT

My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info