Thread: Antispam is banning new players

Default Antispam is banning new players

Hello. I didn’t really play Growtopia that often for a while but have recently found new fun in the apprentice system. I always enjoyed helping new players and the system that encourages me to do it is great.
    Now, we all know about spambots. Low level alt accounts created en masse. While it is great to see antispam implemented into the game, it has unforeseen consequences.
    I added a player as an apprentice yesterday. He asked me “how to survive in this game”: someone told him new players don’t have a chance. Cute. I thought him how to go to Break For Gem worlds. The next day he is level 9 and has 3000 gems and 2 world locks. He was doing awesome for a new player. He did tell me that he was muted for 10 minutes. I was confused.
    Anyway, I started to teach him how to farm, and how to trade. We had started building a small farm world, and them I told him to go to BUYWINDOW. I had told him to avoid vending machines, and how to get a good price. Suddenly he goes into a brb menu. After a few seconds of the brb blinking, he got BANNED. It was obviously because of the catchpa system. He did not spam, nor do annything unsavoury in any way.
    If new and innocent players are going to be banned by the antispam system then we can clearly see there are major problems with how it operates. I suggest that it is removed until these issues can be ironed out.
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia

"Domestic Techie"

Its either he cant math and got it wrong OR he was secretly autofarming when doing bfg
    I love how people would break friendships for the sake of some yellow lock

Not gonna use fsjal avatar for now

Quote Originally Posted by xBeStGeMx View Post
    Its either he cant math and got it wrong OR he was secretly autofarming when doing bfg
    I was watching him in the trade world with my own eyes. He did literally NOTHING wrong in any way.
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia

"Domestic Techie"

he cant math
    ID: EYoshy
    World: EnchantedYoshi

Help support these to VOTW, thanks

Questions that pops on captcha aren't that hard and I'm pretty sure that it can be solved. I guess he mistyped correct answer and got himself banned.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is a key to good leadership.

IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 45
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paul ( Punchas/Puchy )#2613

Quote Originally Posted by Puchas View Post
    Questions that pops on captcha aren't that hard and I'm pretty sure that it can be solved. I guess he mistyped correct answer and got himself banned.
    There are players (especially new players) who are younger than 9 years old. Trust me, i've seen 5-7 year olds, even my step cousin who is 6, plays the game. And i don't think they can easily solve 144+57, there might be some older ones like 8-12 year olds but hey, we can mistype. Even i might need some time to solve math when i'm on alt account (stalking other friends). Cuz..i am..stupid.
    Have some Chocolate to make your day better! 🍫

Quote Originally Posted by Stupido View Post
    There are players (especially new players) who are younger than 9 years old. Trust me, i've seen 5-7 year olds, even my step cousin who is 6, plays the game. And i don't think they can easily solve 144+57, there might be some older ones like 8-12 year olds but hey, we can mistype. Even i might need some time to solve math when i'm on alt account (stalking other friends). Cuz..i am..stupid.
    Addition isn't that hard. Besides, growtopia is a game designed for kids 10+ (or 9+ i'm not sure). They shouldn't be playing if the aren't over the age required to play. If people are really that dumb, use a calculator or write it out on a piece of paper.
    IGN:Yell0wTail

Level 94/125

UwU

Magplants- 4/4

Leader of Dynamite ~ (Atomic Fireball Mascot)

Weird... I've accidentally typed in the wrong answer several times, but never got banned or muted.
    Support Alex:

Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    Great feedback, guys! We appreciate it.

I'll bounce some of these ideas off the team and see what they think. There should definitely be an easier verification method for our younger audience!

Keep spitballing ideas!
    Based off of this post by Odric, they’ve heard us on the anti spam feature. Will definitely be more plausible in the near future.
    stats about me.
    IGN: akaperkins
    Started the game: January 17th 2013.
    Level: 45 (5 levels from a mini me, funfun)
    Discord: perkins#6752

This is so true, one of my friends which is famous he uses his alt account to hide from people. He had to solve 10 of them in 5 minutes just cause he was 7 level.

This is called discrimination, although most of them are alts. There are still new players joining. So, let's say you were spamming and banned for not solving right your not welcome to the game anymore?

We forumers are also AFK, and we get to solve a captcha in the game. I am generally AFK in the game searching forums, does the team expect us to close the game while we are AFK?

So, If we don't solve it or we can't get it true, we get suspension?

Woah, terrible.
    Click to join our lovely discord server Forumers United

The automatic banning system for spammers still has a few kinks that need to be worked out. For the most part, it is efficient and extremely effective.

Increased moderation in populated worlds (like trading worlds) is another way to manually eradicate spammers from the game. And perhaps this old-school method should be used more often.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Kids shouldn't play a game.
    IGN : Kihiro
    Sell Beehive 15/1 and cheap Angry Gorilla at BUYGORIL \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Get Focused Eye : Done
    -Get Digger Spade : 176/200
    -Level 125 : 121/125
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

Lesser Wizard

150+23=

“Hmmm dheieiwjej”

32+98=

“Jajaja”

63+10=

“Jajajajswieuuwuwaum”

“You’ve been banned forever reason: NOOB DO MAF CORREK

Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    The automatic banning system for spammers still has a few kinks that need to be worked out. For the most part, it is efficient and extremely effective.

Increased moderation in populated worlds (like trading worlds) is another way to manually eradicate spammers from the game. And perhaps this old-school method should be used more often.
    And this is what we are doing in an hourly basis. I personally go to buy worlds (albeit invisible) to ban spammers every hour and so does our cs team. But again, once we've logged out they will be back so we also need this kind of system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by xBeStGeMx View Post
    If the question is too hard you press submit or he maybe spammed the submit button to try and find an easy one lime 13+9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    And this is what we are doing in an hourly basis. I personally go to buy worlds (albeit invisible) to ban spammers every hour and so does our cs team. But again, once we've logged out they will be back so we also need this kind of system in place.
    Neko, make some people that when 3 or more report the same players it goes to an inspection log or something. That could be nice to implement this as many "famous" scammers change names and sadly, you dont ban them as i see. Its easy to chekc the logs of x player haveing the name wiki at the 26th june, 2013 and ban him cuz he will allways comeback and use needs to ale tons of alt and ignore 1 legend player at a time to track those scammers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by J4AZ View Post
    150+23=

“Hmmm dheieiwjej”

32+98=

“Jajaja”

63+10=

“Jajajajswieuuwuwaum”

“You’ve been banned forever reason: NOOB DO MAF CORREK
    Sadly true, 8y/o can barely do it in some countries. Idk if indonesia is part of it but ive seen many "stupid" and aged people in growtopia that cant do more than 200 or less.
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    BUY+ : Sold buyfrozenstone (47dls)
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)

Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)

#WeWantLBranch