Thread: I can't download growtopia on my mac

Peasant

Default I can't download growtopia on my mac

I can't download growtopia on my mac. I messaged growtopia support and they say that i need to delete all growtopia source and restart the mac, I did all that and it still doesn't work. Can any of you that is reading this tell me how to fix it. Thank You for your understanding.Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 12.14.46 PM.png
Views: 75
Size:  40.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 162007GT View Post
    I can't download growtopia on my mac. I messaged growtopia support and they say that i need to delete all growtopia source and restart the mac, I did all that and it still doesn't work. Can any of you that is reading this tell me how to fix it. Thank You for your understanding.Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 12.14.46 PM.png
Views: 75
Size:  40.1 KB
    Why are you opening it as a disk image. Thats the real question.

Edit: im mac illiterate anyway heres what a simple search found me.

I had the same problem, and managed to open .dmg files by going into Disk Utility>File>Open Disk Image. Once opened in Disk Utility, Double Click (Right Click) the icon and click show in Finder. Then I could install what I wanted! Hop it works for you!

https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...open-dmg-files
    http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/absol.gif
    Best thing you'll ever see

Rare live footage of a Forumer posting

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1IBjc...DKUM/giphy.gif
    No Hacks Required. Just possibly a game-breaking glitch.
    Keep getting hacked? Try http://www.trypap.com/

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Garade View Post
    Because that is the only option there is

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Garade View Post

Edit: im mac illiterate anyway heres what a simple search found me.

I had the same problem, and managed to open .dmg files by going into Disk Utility>File>Open Disk Image. Once opened in Disk Utility, Double Click (Right Click) the icon and click show in Finder. Then I could install what I wanted! Hop it works for you!

https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...open-dmg-files
    when i opened disk utility it doesn't really show the option files.Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 12.28.21 PM.png
Views: 70
Size:  219.8 KB

when i opened disk utility it doesn't really show the option files.Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 12.28.21 PM.png
Views: 70
Size:  219.8 KB
    I’m at work right now so I can’t check it out, but I’m pretty sure it’s on the bar at the top outside of the window. Have the window in focus but not full screen.

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    I’m at work right now so I can’t check it out, but I’m pretty sure it’s on the bar at the top outside of the window. Have the window in focus but not full screen.
    Thank You i appreciate it, but what icon should i really RIGHT CLICK?Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 12.51.58 PM.png
Views: 63
Size:  150.9 KB

There has been a similar issue last month, I doubt they fixed it
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Thank You i appreciate it, but what icon should i really RIGHT CLICK?Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 12.51.58 PM.png
Views: 63
Size:  150.9 KB
    It looks like you’re in finder right now. I think you’re supposed to right click the Growtopia dmg while it is in disk utility. So, something like this:

Disk Utility>File>open disk image>Growtopia.dmg

When that’s in disk utility try right clicking on it in the side area or the big icon next to the big name in the main disk utility view.

I don’t usually have problems opening things on my Mac. I’ll be home in around two hours so I’ll try to help you better then if you still need it.

Okay, so I can't replicate the problem and therefore cannot produce any solution on my own system. If I go to disk utility, there is already a disk image for growtopia in the sidebar, so I don't know if going into the files actually does anything. But what I think you should try is you should go to downloads, click the one for growtopia, and then click open. If it works, it'll appear in the sidebar of disk utility. Rick click that sidebar entry and click "Show in Finder." For me this opens the disk image with the Growtopia application in it. You should then just have to drag it out onto your desktop or wherever you want to keep it. Eject the disk image, then open the application and it should work.

The fix is really quite simple, actually. Simply upgrade to either a Linux or a Windows and then you too can enjoy the benefits of a real PC!

Starkos, you lied. Where are our promised dragon roots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    I'm gonna make every update dragon-themed, I swear to Growlactus

#FireAncient founder

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    It looks like you’re in finder right now. I think you’re supposed to right click the Growtopia dmg while it is in disk utility. So, something like this:

Disk Utility>File>open disk image>Growtopia.dmg

When that’s in disk utility try right clicking on it in the side area or the big icon next to the big name in the main disk utility view.

I don’t usually have problems opening things on my Mac. I’ll be home in around two hours so I’ll try to help you better then if you still need it.
    It looks like it didn't did anything or it didn't pop anything up on the screen. I have the recording but I'm new so I don't know how to put it here.

It looks like it didn't did anything or it didn't pop anything up on the screen. I have the recording but I'm new so I don't know how to put it here.
    Upload to Youtube and post a link.