Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Maladies Guide [Step by Step]

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,264

    Default Maladies Guide [Step by Step]

    Here's a guide for each new malady. Note that basic surgery knowledge is required and despite being step-by-step some obvious steps aren't included as they are part of fixing any surgery (fever, broken heart etc)

    A LOT of these surgeries aren't done the regular way and learns you to safe before doing any critical step or death occurs rapidly. You should never literally take this step-by-step, but give you a rough idea of how you should proceed.

    Some cases are prone to improvements so please do point it out.



    Maladies
    Maladies can be diagnosed from any person by using a Med-a-Check (which won't be consumed if they do not have a malady) - You can get 10 from the Surgery Pack.

    [Brainworms - Fishing Vial (catching perfect fish)]


    [Lupus - Wolfworld Vial]


    [Torn Punching Muscles - Non-Vial (From doing surgery)]


    [Chaos Infection - Startopia Vial (From Growlactus)]


    [Grumbleteeth - Non-Vial (?)]


    [Chicken Feet - Non-Vial (From doing surgery)]


    [Moldy Guts - Infecting Vial]


    [Broken Heart - Non-Vial (From doing surgery)]


    [Ecto-Bones - SSU Vial]


    [Gemcuts - Non-Vial (?)]


    [Fatty Liver - Cooking Vial(High cooking %)]

    Vicious Maladies
    Vicious maladies are "harder" versions of the maladies that can be obtained by using a vial, at a roughly 1/10-15 chance that the patient will have a "vicious" malady
    Holding a UV Vaccine makes the surgery as easy as normal ones. Vicious maladies have a chance of giving a part of the Doctor's Blingin' Set:
    • Doctor's Blingin' Cross - Vicious Chaos Infection
    • Doctor's Blingin' Cap - Vicious Brainworms
    • Doctor's Blingin' Mask - Vicious Lupus
    • Doctor's Blingin' Top - Vicious Fatty Liver
    • Doctor's Blingin' Pants - Vicious Ecto Bones
    • Doctor's Blingin' Booties - Vicious Moldy Guts



    Achievements
    • Medical Marvel - Completing 3.000 Surgeries while wearing Angel of Mercy's Wings (?)
    • Vicious Victory - Completing 50 Vicious Maladies
    • Angel of Mercy - Completing 2.000 Surgeries while wearing the doctor's blingin' set
    Last edited by Nenkaai; 06-28-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Fixes
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer xKaizoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post

    [Lupus - Wolfworld Vial]


    [Grumbleteeth - ?]


    [Moldy Guts (Infecting as a Zombie)]
    did u miss scalpel or is it just me
    how can u use pin without cutting an incision first


    Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    did u miss scalpel or is it just me
    how can u use pin without cutting an incision first
    Fixed, the order was swapped, thanks for pointing it out
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard anons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Here's a guide for each new malady. Note that basic surgery knowledge is required and despite being step-by-step some obvious steps aren't included as they are part of fixing any surgery (fever, broken heart etc)

    A LOT of these surgeries aren't done the regular way and learns you to safe before doing any critical step or death occurs rapidly. You should never literally take this step-by-step, but give you a rough idea of how you should proceed.

    Some cases are prone to improvements so please do point it out.



    [Brainworms - Fishing Vial (catching perfect fish)]


    [Lupus - Wolfworld Vial]


    [Torn Muscles (From doing surgery)]


    [Chaos Infection (Startopia Vial from Growlactus)]


    [Grumbleteeth - ?]


    [Chicken Feet (From doing surgery)]


    [Moldy Guts (Infecting as a Zombie)]


    [Punching Muscle (From doing surgery)]


    [Broken Heart (From doing surgery)]


    [Ecto-Bones (SSU)]


    [Gemcuts - ?]


    [Fatty Liver (High cooking % vial)]
    Finally someone made this , Thanks TK69
    #MALAYSIABOLEH

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Hats off. Everything is cancelled.

  6. #6
    Lesser Knight Geomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    I am from Finland! ;)
    Posts
    31

    Default

    This is a nice guide, thanks for making it.

    YouTube.com/Geomi
    IGN: Geomi
    Main world: GEOMI

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard PixelJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Inside a mailbox
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    [Lupus - Wolfworld Vial]


    [Fatty Liver - Cooking Vial(High cooking %)]
    Lupus malady — From my experience, Stitch should come before Lab Kit/Antibio in case the patient tears their skin, since they immediately lose alot of blood. (I've never successfully cured a Lupus, correct me if I'm wrong)

    Fatty Liver malady — Lacking Anesthetic before Scalpel is used (Just to be sure)
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: ChickenDinner (GE)
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#8456
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums


  8. #8
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Vicious Maladies
    Vicious maladies are "harder" versions of the maladies that can be obtained by using a vial, at a roughly 1/10-15 chance that the patient will have a "vicious" malady
    Holding a UV Vaccine makes the surgery as easy as normal ones. Vicious maladies have a chance of giving a part of the Doctor's Blingin' Set:
    • Doctor's Blingin' Cross
    • Doctor's Blingin' Cap
    • Doctor's Blingin' Mask
    • Doctor's Blingin' Top
    • Doctor's Blingin' Pants
    Wait I just got doctor's blingin' booties did I just get an uncreated item

    jk u should prob add that

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Tycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    I don’t think holding a UV Vaccine is supposed to make a vicious surgery as easy as a normal surgery, I believe it’s supposed to be the only way you can complete the surgery as the description + Starkos said. I guess it’s broken as vicious ecto bones can be completed without one, as if nothing changed.

    Also not sure about the vicious 1/10-15 chance thing. I’ve done 40+ vials only to get 1 vicious, as well as LostKings doing 100 and getting 3 vicious.
    Good guide though, great help for those I haven’t done.
    IGN: Tycan
    Discord: Tycan#0745
    Level 118
    (ง'̀-'́)ง

  10. #10
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Here's a guide for each new malady. Note that basic surgery knowledge is required and despite being step-by-step some obvious steps aren't included as they are part of fixing any surgery (fever, broken heart etc)

    A LOT of these surgeries aren't done the regular way and learns you to safe before doing any critical step or death occurs rapidly. You should never literally take this step-by-step, but give you a rough idea of how you should proceed.

    Some cases are prone to improvements so please do point it out.



    Maladies
    Maladies can be diagnosed from any person by using a Med-a-Check (which won't be consumed if they do not have a malady) - You can get 10 from the Surgery Pack.

    [Brainworms - Fishing Vial (catching perfect fish)]


    [Lupus - Wolfworld Vial]


    [Torn Punching Muscles - Non-Vial (From doing surgery)]


    [Chaos Infection - Startopia Vial (From Growlactus)]


    [Grumbleteeth - Non-Vial (?)]


    [Chicken Feet - Non-Vial (From doing surgery)]


    [Moldy Guts - Infecting Vial]


    [Broken Heart - Non-Vial (From doing surgery)]


    [Ecto-Bones - SSU Vial]


    [Gemcuts - Non-Vial (?)]


    [Fatty Liver - Cooking Vial(High cooking %)]

    Vicious Maladies
    Vicious maladies are "harder" versions of the maladies that can be obtained by using a vial, at a roughly 1/10-15 chance that the patient will have a "vicious" malady
    Holding a UV Vaccine makes the surgery as easy as normal ones. Vicious maladies have a chance of giving a part of the Doctor's Blingin' Set:
    • Doctor's Blingin' Cross
    • Doctor's Blingin' Cap
    • Doctor's Blingin' Mask
    • Doctor's Blingin' Top
    • Doctor's Blingin' Pants



    Achievements
    • Medical Marvel - ?
    • Vicious Victory - Completing 50 Vicious Maladies
    • Angel of Mercy - ?
    You should change the start of lupus to anesthetic, it's insta kill if you don't do anesthetic cause 70% of my surg of lupus is tearing his own skin every 1st or 2nd turn. So it's better to sleep patient than quickly lose the patient blood that will lead to Surg Fail

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Entho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    almost never in my gt life have i been interested in doing surgery but man, this changed my view.
    altho the budget needed for it though...
    GrowID: Entho
    Level 70, (since 12/2/15)
    Discord: Entho#5641
    Instagram: enthoplays
    YouTube: Entho
    ~~Suggestions~~
    Minor Autoban System
    Donation Box Feature
    Unbreakable Music Sheet

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    yes please.... +1

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PixelJr View Post
    Lupus malady — From my experience, Stitch should come before Lab Kit/Antibio in case the patient tears their skin, since they immediately lose alot of blood. (I've never successfully cured a Lupus, correct me if I'm wrong)

    Fatty Liver malady — Lacking Anesthetic before Scalpel is used (Just to be sure)
    For Lupus, that's where the excessive sponge use comes from, so you can deal with either visibility or fever if it happens, though it's still viable to do it that way
    Fatty Liver fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi8u View Post
    Wait I just got doctor's blingin' booties did I just get an uncreated item

    jk u should prob add that
    Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycan View Post
    I don’t think holding a UV Vaccine is supposed to make a vicious surgery as easy as a normal surgery, I believe it’s supposed to be the only way you can complete the surgery as the description + Starkos said. I guess it’s broken as vicious ecto bones can be completed without one, as if nothing changed.

    Also not sure about the vicious 1/10-15 chance thing. I’ve done 40+ vials only to get 1 vicious, as well as LostKings doing 100 and getting 3 vicious.
    Good guide though, great help for those I haven’t done.
    I've been able to complete one without using a UV Vaccine, so I dunno cause I didn't have as much trouble as a regular one

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGaia View Post
    You should change the start of lupus to anesthetic, it's insta kill if you don't do anesthetic cause 70% of my surg of lupus is tearing his own skin every 1st or 2nd turn. So it's better to sleep patient than quickly lose the patient blood that will lead to Surg Fail
    Lupus has been edited
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer BuilderBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Lupus is so hard to cure for some reason, unreasonable amount of skill fails.
    Your opinion is what matters, never be afraid to share it!

    -BuilderBoy

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuilderBoy View Post
    Lupus is so hard to cure for some reason, unreasonable amount of skill fails.
    RNG plays a big part in it, which is why success rate is pretty low
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer BuilderBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Managed to cure my first Lupus and only got 5 Ultrasound. :'(
    Your opinion is what matters, never be afraid to share it!

    -BuilderBoy

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer ItsKyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    775

    Default

    Bumping this, great guide
    WOTD’s: RAYMANRACE, INCREDIBLESTWO, THEWORLDOFPIXAR

    https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    The weekly wish will make your wish come true! Join today by clicking on this pic

    Join the bitelordists at THEBITELORDISTS!

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    443

    Default

    I have completed some maladies, and did not get any of the prizes that you mentioned. Do I have to be lucky to get those prizes or I need something to do, like wear something orrr?
    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    I have completed some maladies, and did not get any of the prizes that you mentioned. Do I have to be lucky to get those prizes or I need something to do, like wear something orrr?
    They're pretty rare
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard Ihady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Somewhere...Idk....
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Bump....

    The lupus surgery guide helped me thanks for mentioning that i should always keep him sleeping since the self skin tearing...

    Great thread!!

    IGN: iHady
    Focused Eyes: Done!
    Golden Pickaxe: Done!
    Level:78/125
    Achievements: 105
    Subscribe to my youtube Channel!!!

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihady View Post
    Bump....

    The lupus surgery guide helped me thanks for mentioning that i should always keep him sleeping since the self skin tearing...

    Great thread!!
    That helped me too. I failed the first time cuz I tended the fever first and not used anesthetic first.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    They're pretty rare
    Maladies are RNG and the rewards are RNG. Damn.
    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •