Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [DISCUSSION] Season Clash Update!

Default [DISCUSSION] Season Clash Update!

Hello Growtopians!

Check out Starkos' announcement about the Season Clash and our future plans about it here.

Tell us what you think and discuss about it here.

~ NekoRei

wow cool lol
    Subscribe and I will give u some wls for free
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

https://www.youtube.com/c/NurpsGrowtopia

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I need 2k subs as soon as possible

Master Sorcerer

So the best items are going to be solely dependent on how good at parkour you are? I'm confused on that aspect of this whole change. People who don't have the best internet, prone to disconnecting, are going to be at a severe disadvantage, along with everyone who just isn't very skilled in parkour.
    IGN: Contagion

Shouldn't the events also be skill based? What events will occur in the 4 months?

Also about the Finale Key, what happens if they fail? I think they should get a small reward if they do, else the 3 days of grinding will be wasted
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Shouldn't the events also be skill based? What events will occur in the 4 months?

Also about the Finale Key, what happens if they fail? I think they should get a small reward if they do, else the 3 days of grinding will be wasted
    Creating all-new events is something we discussed, but for now, we'd like to keep it to our current pool. That said, with a much lower frequency of total events in a season, we can try to focus on more skill-based activities such as Surgery, Cooking, etc. - at least compared to Block Bashers

And as stated in the dev diary, there will be a consolation prize for players who fail to complete any of the parkour tracks in time.

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Sounded fun.
    Until the parkour part at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwj340 View Post
    So the best items are going to be solely dependent on how good at parkour you are? I'm confused on that aspect of this whole change. People who don't have the best internet, prone to disconnecting, are going to be at a severe disadvantage, along with everyone who just isn't very skilled in parkour.
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

Master Sorcerer

Sounds like the best prizes are going to be dependant on the players' parkour skills for each of the 4 events. This could possibly mean if someone is not good at parkour, it might not even be worth participating in the clashes for him/her at all, if the parkour aspect will be the rewarding part of all the events.

Master Sorcerer

Since Exquisite Anomalizers are going to be removed, will Exquisite Potions be removed too? If so, will the Chef Role get an item to cook/make in replacement of it or will it just be removed?

Same goes to Delicate/Reliable Anomalizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    Sounds like the best prizes are going to be dependant on the players' parkour skills for each of the 4 events. This could possibly mean if someone is not good at parkour, it might not even be worth participating in the clashes for him/her at all, if the parkour aspect will be the rewarding part of all the events.
    Finale Keys are, as of this writing, tradeable. If you're not good at parkour, I'm certain you could find someone who is, and trade the key to them so they can attempt it. Considering that there will be a wide range of prizes in the parkour (some definitely better than others), this could be a very profitable/stable approach to Clashes, as you wouldn't have to risk getting a low-value prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Finale Keys are, as of this writing, tradeable. If you're not good at parkour, I'm certain you could find someone who is, and trade the key to them so they can attempt it. Considering that there will be a wide range of prizes in the parkour (some definitely better than others), this could be a very profitable/stable approach to Clashes, as you wouldn't have to risk getting a low-value prize.
    btw i like this idea. can i give you a golden buzzer?

oh wait this is not growtopia got talent!
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Concept sounds very interesting. But im very concerned that it will only occur once a month and for 3 days. At first this might look cool, but what if some people will go on vacation for a few days and they match the exact 3 days of that montly clash event? In this case it seems that your hopes to get L branch will be buried,because you missed whole month! Or there will be no L branch?
    What do you think
    IGN: Imunity

yes finally something that doesnt require wls

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    Concept sounds very interesting. But im very concerned that it will only occur once a month and for 3 days. At first this might look cool, but what if some people will go on vacation for a few days and they match the exact 3 days of that montly clash event? In this case it seems that your hopes to get L branch will be buried,because you missed whole month!
    What do you think?
    i agree with you,but that idea is like amazing
    i still can't believe they read our mind.

maybe starkos is doctor strange or something.
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    Or there will be no L branch?
    No plans for a legendary branch at this time, in part for exactly that reason. Also because we want this to be a more chill and fun event, not a mandated grind, y'know?

I have a few questions and ideas that I have in mind:

1. Event Schedules - Are the monthly events gonna happen on random days? Just like for carnival, they occur for a random 3 days in a month, will the events be announced and have a specific date or would it just be random? My suggestion: I think the best time for the events would be on a Friday so players who are either busy in school or work, has the chance to grind it out on weekends.

2. Parkour Event - Are the levels (Easy, Medium, Hard) gonna be in separate worlds? For example FINALEWORLD_1, FINALEWORLD_2, FINALEWORLD_3, consecutively. I'm also wondering if it acts like WOLFWORD, wherein, if you get dc'd, you can still use your FINALE KEY to enter again but the timer remains being counted as if you were there. Also, since you only have one chance to complete each path, if you dc, it's game over? For the rewards, is it a random loot or a fixed one per difficulty? I need some clarification on the whole "relocation" of rewards.

3. Reliable Anomalizers - First off, THANK YOU. For making it unbreakable with a twist of low points. Everyone can join summer clash now without worrying of spending so much in game. I'm just wondering on how this item would work differently across 4 events. If those 3 days are still random or it would have an announcement regarding what type of event would comeforth. Also, I hope you have counter measures against auto clickers regarding on the abuse of points since it's deemed unbreakable.

4. Legendary Branch - Any thoughts/updates regarding this? Since the whole point system might be changed, and there's only 4 events across 4 months of the duration of summer clash.

5. Suggestion - I feel like we need a more action packed event. More on the aspect of a PvP style gameplay wherein guilds will go head-to-head with each other and whoever wins gets seasonal token rewards. That would be a nice addition to the wait-time of how many days before a new event starts. Maybe some mini battles in between events? Like how the Game Pack works, 4 guilds will be scheduled to have a pvp game for 10 mins of Capture the Flag. Something like that.

6. Overall - Thanks for listening to your community. I'm glad that you've been listening to our feedbacks and comments regarding the issue with past clashes. It has been deemed unrewarding with the amount of wls spent and the time, and it's really too expensive for most part and with this new change, I'm looking forward to actively participating in summer clash events. Thank you! Hope other people will give out more of their opinions and extra suggestions that can be included in our future summer clash events.

No plans for a legendary branch at this time, in part for exactly that reason. Also because we want this to be a more chill and fun event, not a mandated grind, y'know?
    Hmm. What about leechers' preventions for guilds? Once a month event's leaderboard messed up because of some leechers?

100 mini games, 10 member from 10 different guild fight for top, higher guild contribition points for higher ranking uwu
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

Master Sorcerer

Creating all-new events is something we discussed, but for now, we'd like to keep it to our current pool. That said, with a much lower frequency of total events in a season, we can try to focus on more skill-based activities such as Surgery, Cooking, etc. - at least compared to Block Bashers

And as stated in the dev diary, there will be a consolation prize for players who fail to complete any of the parkour tracks in time.
    About the rewards, from the way the game's economy works, if there is one item that is significantly harder to get than the others, that one will be worth way more than the others and possibly be the only reward that would be worth getting to get anything out of the event.

I hope the rewards will be balanced so that that won't happen. I would myself suggest a different type of a world, since the players who get the finale key have already basically reached the final milestone and should have a quarantee of something good.

Here is my suggestion:
    A single parkour course with rewards in between, you're quaranteed the top prize upon entering the world and the other rewards will be just bonuses. Afterall, the players have already reached the final milestone and should be quaranteed something good.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, this certainly changes everything. Sounds great now.

However, if there will be no clash tokens and the other rewards will be similiar to what they've been before, the finale key being tradable could make just buying the key from others better than actually participating in the events. I hope there will either be clash tokens or you will seriously balance the other milestone rewards to match a certain percentage in value of the final prize. (That's not easy, I know)
    Last edited by Joni2; 06-16-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Master Sorcerer

guess i won’t be doing clashes then. quite a few people (everyone) like me do clashes only for the legendary branch prize.
    ign: BladeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    guess i won’t be doing clashes then. quite a few people (everyone) like me do clashes only for the legendary branch prize.
    Me and my whole guild can relate to this