Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: To everyone wanting the old growtoken system(s)

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Circus
    Posts
    3,755

    Default To everyone wanting the old growtoken system(s)

    NO

    No matter what you say your just lying to yourself. Here’s why the old system SUCKS.

    ENCOURAGES SCAM WORLDS

    The main point of these systems was the scam worlds, worlds made with simple parkours and games and puzzles which never let you win any prizes even though prizes were visible. Newer players would hang out in these worlds and owners would gain tons of tokens just on the fact players didn’t know the world was a sham.

    ENCOURAGES UNORIGINAL WORLDS

    If you go to any world with the name (name)parkour you see the same thing. White door at the bottom left of the world, prizes at the top had a preview. Then a parkour that keeps going around the world until you reach a “VIP” room for winning. Using spikes lava and water. Pinball too has the only elements. With most parts copied from other worlds. Same has scam world basically but with a little bit more effort. But not either since most are carbon copies of each other.

    POPULAR TRADE WORLDS GET TOKENS.

    Trade worlds like any BUY world, or worlds back in the day for trading like TRADE,SEEDIARY,ITEMS, or even DEAL or BUY. All get tokens just because they are main worlds. Worlds everyone goes to just to trade. And if the old system were to come back. Even though there’s the 10 token limit. BUY worlds are 99% of the time just a giant square with platforms. Wouldn’t you hate it that these people can get your favorite items like focus eyes or old mod items in a week or 2, by doing nothing but having natural traffic?

    ACTUAL WORLDS ARNT REWARDED.

    Actual worlds arnt rewarded. Parkours using elements like tomb raiders, howlers, guild blocks, etc or worlds with multiple parts arnt rewarded since no one in the game actually stays in these worlds. They go farm in their farms or they’re trading. WOTDS only get 10 growtokens when they get WOTD. 10 GROWTOKENS. Worlds (while most of the time not) that are actually good, they have effort put into them. I see all of you saying “The old growtoken system encourages building!” So your saying you would only build worlds if you got PROFIT? You GROWTOKENS? You don’t like building with out getting your payment? Yeah to me it sounds like you like focus eyes, not building.

    RATING TEAMS AND ALTS

    People would put tons of alts in there worlds for tokens, or get people together to rate there DIRT WORLDS, nothing changed, to get tokens. This point is short but mainly the point you need to know is that people would abuse the system to get a token or 2. With out building at all!

    The system we have now is fair, allows things to be profitable (that’s what you guys like right? All the comments I see on insta or pages on the feedback thread is about hoping the next update brings profit or you made profit so the update is good)

    Plus we got WOTDS that get tokens: so if you truly want to build for tokens. Go for WOTD! Just don’t use copied pixels arts and the same pallets had everyone else!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer TobyLerasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    True, I agree but something new would be great.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

    All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Outside, curing the world
    Posts
    794

    Default

    10/10

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    453

    Post

    Couldn't agree more. Old system only favours the rich and scammers.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Thanks for the thread. Some people just cant understand.
    IGN: Imunity

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    10/10 facts lmao lol
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    SCREW YOU! I WANT THE GROWKTHDBAsiy hufdyadgbau7d guahyd 9daiuhiahd


    unsubscribed
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    NO

    No matter what you say your just lying to yourself. Here’s why the old system SUCKS.

    ENCOURAGES SCAM WORLDS

    The main point of these systems was the scam worlds, worlds made with simple parkours and games and puzzles which never let you win any prizes even though prizes were visible. Newer players would hang out in these worlds and owners would gain tons of tokens just on the fact players didn’t know the world was a sham.

    ENCOURAGES UNORIGINAL WORLDS

    If you go to any world with the name (name)parkour you see the same thing. White door at the bottom left of the world, prizes at the top had a preview. Then a parkour that keeps going around the world until you reach a “VIP” room for winning. Using spikes lava and water. Pinball too has the only elements. With most parts copied from other worlds. Same has scam world basically but with a little bit more effort. But not either since most are carbon copies of each other.

    POPULAR TRADE WORLDS GET TOKENS.

    Trade worlds like any BUY world, or worlds back in the day for trading like TRADE,SEEDIARY,ITEMS, or even DEAL or BUY. All get tokens just because they are main worlds. Worlds everyone goes to just to trade. And if the old system were to come back. Even though there’s the 10 token limit. BUY worlds are 99% of the time just a giant square with platforms. Wouldn’t you hate it that these people can get your favorite items like focus eyes or old mod items in a week or 2, by doing nothing but having natural traffic?

    ACTUAL WORLDS ARNT REWARDED.

    Actual worlds arnt rewarded. Parkours using elements like tomb raiders, howlers, guild blocks, etc or worlds with multiple parts arnt rewarded since no one in the game actually stays in these worlds. They go farm in their farms or they’re trading. WOTDS only get 10 growtokens when they get WOTD. 10 GROWTOKENS. Worlds (while most of the time not) that are actually good, they have effort put into them. I see all of you saying “The old growtoken system encourages building!” So your saying you would only build worlds if you got PROFIT? You GROWTOKENS? You don’t like building with out getting your payment? Yeah to me it sounds like you like focus eyes, not building.

    RATING TEAMS AND ALTS

    People would put tons of alts in there worlds for tokens, or get people together to rate there DIRT WORLDS, nothing changed, to get tokens. This point is short but mainly the point you need to know is that people would abuse the system to get a token or 2. With out building at all!

    The system we have now is fair, allows things to be profitable (that’s what you guys like right? All the comments I see on insta or pages on the feedback thread is about hoping the next update brings profit or you made profit so the update is good)

    Plus we got WOTDS that get tokens: so if you truly want to build for tokens. Go for WOTD! Just don’t use copied pixels arts and the same pallets had everyone else!
    I feel affected by this post because I mentioned about Growtokens on my thread. To clarify my thread, I am looking for an alternative for Growtokens to divert the attention of farmers.

    I used the Growtokens as an example of Diversion way back time.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Devour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    641

    Default

    yeetus feetus.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A Place Far Away
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post


    Woah.. Right, but was it too harsh on your criticisms to the people wishing it right?? I guess some other way is okay.. But True fact is they don't even know what to do with old worlds that the owners never play. It's just end up to a stock pile of gtokens. Rate system was a good idea. For the long run it turn out that the best way to cheat is doing a lot of alts.
    Who I'm I?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 47/125
    Goals: Technically for now get tons of pepper trees for harvestfest
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful and so childish sometimes but I don't go overboard..
    I

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Circus
    Posts
    3,755

    Default

    bumping up.

    just suggested new ways to get gtokens lmao

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Meme.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a rock.
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Based on my personal experience, as one of the players who were there by the time the old Growtoken system was still a thing, I remember quitting my parkour/minigames career for a while because token scams were more rampant than ever and that there was nothing that I could do about it. And for the time being, all I did was host minigames for people and earn my own tokens since I could no longer find playing in them viable for earning world locks.

    Sure, I'd lose some trying to maintain my own minigames world, but at least I earned something for it. It's not something risky like playing for an hour or more in a world, only to be met with a token scam.

    And personally, it's quite sad because minigames are the only routine that I could do in Growtopia repeatedly, and having that exaggeratingly stripped away from me, really made me feel like an empty shell of my former self, left to rot in the farming or business career—which is not where I excel at, mind you.

    It made me feel numb, until the Growtoken system was revamped and eventually made accessible to average players with the role quests implementation. Why the most recent revamp, you ask?

    Well, that's because the world-rating system didn't really turn out as effective as it seemed (at least to me) and because of world owners no longer earning tokens from just people staying, a lot of them have also stopped hosting them at the time being.

    Anyway, that's just my own thoughts on it. I just got back into playing parkours so I'm still a bit emotional about it. I hope it's not much of a bother.
    "The only other thing I hate is having to waste my time reading this signature."

    ❖ YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/MemeHero/

    ❖ Info:
    IGN: MemeHero -- (GL) of MEMES.
    Level: 75
    2013 player.

    ❖ Worlds:
    > MEMES
    > WHIM
    > HUNGERGAMES
    > FNAFWORLD


    ❖ Goals:
    1. Get a WOTD and a VOTD.
    2. Become known for something.
    3. Be the first to discover a recipe for a new item.

    Join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUOfficial2013/
    - MemeHero, Owner of Growtopia University.

  13. #13
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meme. View Post
    Based on my personal experience, as one of the players who were there by the time the old Growtoken system was still a thing, I remember quitting my parkour/minigames career for a while because token scams were more rampant than ever and that there was nothing that I could do about it. And for the time being, all I did was host minigames for people and earn my own tokens since I could no longer find playing in them viable for earning world locks.

    Sure, I'd lose some trying to maintain my own minigames world, but at least I earned something for it. It's not something risky like playing for an hour or more in a world, only to be met with a token scam.

    And personally, it's quite sad because minigames are the only routine that I could do in Growtopia repeatedly, and having that exaggeratingly stripped away from me, really made me feel like an empty shell of my former self, left to rot in the farming or business career—which is not where I excel at, mind you.

    It made me feel numb, until the Growtoken system was revamped and eventually made accessible to average players with the role quests implementation. Why the most recent revamp, you ask?

    Well, that's because the world-rating system didn't really turn out as effective as it seemed (at least to me) and because of world owners no longer earning tokens from just people staying, a lot of them have also stopped hosting them at the time being.

    Anyway, that's just my own thoughts on it. I just got back into playing parkours so I'm still a bit emotional about it. I hope it's not much of a bother.
    You got my point buddy, they maximized the population of farmers. In result, they decreased the population of consumers/builders. That's why we are experiencing the downfall of the Economy which is very alarming.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    509

    Default

    very well said

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    I feel affected by this post because I mentioned about Growtokens on my thread. To clarify my thread, I am looking for an alternative for Growtokens to divert the attention of farmers.

    I used the Growtokens as an example of Diversion way back time.
    There're already alternatives such as Daily Quests, Role Quests, Life Goals, Surgeries, Cooking, Wolfworld, Locke The Traveling Salesman, Startopia, Zombie Brains and spending real $. (maybe even others I don't know)

    If you don't want to these tasks, then you don't deserve a Growtoken.
    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    very well said

    - - - Updated - - -



    There're already alternatives such as Daily Quests, Role Quests, Life Goals, Surgeries, Cooking, Wolfworld, Locke The Traveling Salesman, Startopia, Zombie Brains and spending real $. (maybe even others I don't know)

    If you don't want to these tasks, then you don't deserve a Growtoken.
    You really can't understand what's happening eh?
    We know the new Growtoken system, it's already an alternative for the old one. What we are pointing out is the Alternative for the Growtoken itself, because the new system is raising the population of farmers.

    What we are trying to impose here is about the Economy and not bragging about the new Growtoken system.

    We only used the old Growtoken as an example of diversion way back time.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer RaySia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sia’s Basement
    Posts
    2,729

    Default

    Nobody demanded for the old Growtoken system...



  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Nobody demanded for the old Growtoken system...
    You got the point buddy, nobody demanded it back.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    You got the point buddy, nobody demanded it back.
    oh please,how many ppl be begging for it to come back

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    You got my point buddy, they maximized the population of farmers. In result, they decreased the population of consumers/builders. That's why we are experiencing the downfall of the Economy which is very alarming.
    oh my,the only thing that got messed up is the farmable economy,not everyone became a farmer because of it,they were tons of ways to profit back then and still is.

    the only thing that ruined it was the Rayman,mags and autofarmers

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    oh my,the only thing that got messed up is the farmable economy,not everyone became a farmer because of it,they were tons of ways to profit back then and still is.
    Contradicting the statement itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    the only thing that ruined it was the Rayman,mags and autofarmers
    Redundant, you just repeated what I said. You can find it on my thread.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    You got the point buddy, nobody demanded it back.
    lol no one that's funny
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •