Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [DISCUSSION] Season Clash Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Nearly all of them should be coming back, yes. Just with varying chances of dropping.
    Nearly... What exceptions are there?
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    One of those rare occasions where I feel I have to pop my head out of the lurking shadows and throw in some insight. First off, I'll start by stating that throughout all 3 of the previous Seasonal Clashes I was the leader of a top competitive guild, so I feel I have a pretty good knowledge on guild events as a whole, and the problems they had. I'm glad that steps are being taken to iron out some of the most prominent issues.

The fact that we have less events and therefore have to spend a whole lot less is a huge positive, makes the events more enjoyable rather than feeling like you're just sinking a ton of WLs. If you want to keep events skill based, add a crime event and cycle between Cooking Crusaders, Surgery Stars, Super Startopians and a crime variant. Other events such as Pet Battling could also be viable if you want seasons to vary a bit.

As long as the Finale Keys remain tradeable, I don't think there's a problem with them being oriented around parkour skill. You're not excluding anyone if they have the opportunity to either allow someone else to do it for them, or to sell it to someone who wants to take a chance. This will also hopefully raise the value of "end branch" items, too, making them more worthwhile. Not a bad balance.

Although, overall, the changes I see as a positive, there is one glaring problem.

No Legendary Branch

I understand you wanted to make it "chill" and not feel like it was mandatory to compete in, but you have essentially just removed the entire purpose of Seasonal Clash events for a LOT of people. What's the point if there's no end reward?

Sure, you can get cool items from finishing other branches, but these are all tradeable. Meaning you don't have to compete in the events at all to get them, so people can just trade for the items they like instead of spending WLs to risk a chance to get them. Guild Events SHOULD have a mandatory element to it, IMO, that's what made them so popular - the chance to get an item you couldn't get without competing.

Lots of guilds in Growtopia base their minimum score/event and strategies around allowing all of their members to achieve the one desirable thing from Guild Events: The Legendary Branch. The end goal, and the main motivation for people to actually complete in Seasonal Clashes.

You have a very outspoken community here, lots of people who are willing to share their thoughts & opinions to help direct the game. This is easily something you could poll, or something you could ask experienced Guild Event players to comment on before making a decision that changes not only the entire nature of the events, but the purpose of well.

EDIT: If your concern is that it takes away from the value of previous Legendary Items, then I have a proposal. Similar to the first event, we had to purchase numerous "Legendary Items" to create one cooler, more useful finalised version - The Exquisite Gauntlet of Elements.

You could use the same idea but have it cross-seasonal. Add 3 "components" of sorts to a "Legendary Branch" in Summer, Winter & Spring, and once a player has all 3 of them they can create a finalised Legendary item. This would take approximately 3 months of constant clashes, similar to the amount of work for a Legendary Branch in previous clashes.
    How much you hang out with poor players in guild? I think you are rich guilds leader, but how much you know about noob guilds? Last season, i made my l branch tokens in 7 events, then i had some vacation and then i joined in noob guild to learn, what they actually do. L branch is just for few guilds, (10 not even full guilds) and there is over 2k guilds. So while we greedy rich people want waste dls and get untradeable items, those others get nothing out from this. I think this is good test. We can now test 1 year how this work and then come back again on the table and discourse whats next. We really don't need l branch and if we ever take it back, i think 1 per year is just enough. We, who started gt just under year before guild update, didn't have time to earn first tons of dls and then start guild. So example me, i have no chances to earn wls while there is guild season on and no, skipping opportunity to get l branch item, is not option, cause i don't want get regrets either. So while guild events are easier for noobs, i get chance to earn wls too. I can maybe even take part in summer fest. Last year, i wasted all gems in events so no summer fest for me and it was my first summer fest in this game.

So yeah, i think we need give chance for this, like we gave for latest season system. After it, we can again think what went wrong, if it fails like this did.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Nearly... What exceptions are there?
    No exceptions have been identified yet - I'm just covering all the bases in case we realize something should be left out, because if I don't and we do, I get set on fire, and I hate when that happens.

No exceptions have been identified yet - I'm just covering all the bases in case we realize something should be left out, because if I don't and we do, I get set on fire, and I hate when that happens.
    Its ok i wont burn you
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Mate just stop, drop and roll if that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    If your sole concern is that it takes away from the value of previous Legendary Items, then I have a proposal. Similar to the first event, we had to purchase numerous "Legendary Items" to create one cooler, more useful finalised version - The Exquisite Gauntlet of Elements.

You could use the same idea but have it cross-seasonal. Add 3 "components" of sorts to a "Legendary Branch" in Summer, Winter & Spring, and once a player has all 3 of them they can create a finalised Legendary item. This would take approximately 3 months of constant clashes, similar to the amount of work for a Legendary Branch in previous clashes.

For those who perhaps missed Summer, but planned to participate in Winter & Spring, you could have the option for them to buy the first Legendary Component for a dramatically inflated cost during the other clashes - so they have to spend the same amount of time/WLs getting the tokens as the players who partook in all 3 seasons.
    Love the idea, however, one flaw I see with this component design, as you pointed out at the end, is people missing out on Summer and joining in Winter & Spring. Rather than slapping a high price label on a missed out component, why not keep components limited to their Clash but consistent in consecutive rounds? e.g. Grey Untradeables "Summer Component", "Winter Component", "Spring Component", and allow players to exchange 1 of each Component for the Legendary Prize - regardless of when the component was earned.

Now to everybody reading this, I know what you're thinking, "What happens when somebody has completed each clash twice and already bought the Legendary Prize?" Well why not have several Legendary Prizes, when somebody completes their first cycle of the three clashes, they obtain their "First Cycle Legendary Prize", which is a specific item. Further items can be obtained by completed each consecutive cycle. Furthermore people would no longer "miss out" on Legendary Branches, only have incomplete cycles.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the idea, however, one flaw I see with this component design, as you pointed out at the end, is people missing out on Summer and joining in Winter & Spring. Rather than slapping a high price label on a missed out component, why not keep components limited to their Clash but consistent in consecutive rounds? e.g. Grey Untradeables "Summer Component", "Winter Component", "Spring Component", and allow players to exchange 1 of each Component for the Legendary Prize - regardless of when the component was earned.

Now to everybody reading this, I know what you're thinking, "What happens when somebody has completed each clash twice and already bought the Legendary Prize?" Well why not have several Legendary Prizes, when somebody completes their first cycle of the three clashes, they obtain their "First Cycle Legendary Prize", which is a specific item. Further items can be obtained by completed each consecutive cycle. Furthermore people would no longer "miss out" on Legendary Branches, only have incomplete cycles.
    woah nice idea from jack
    the fusion of legendary branch
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    im a boy

First of all, thank you so much! Season clash is now much fairer for skilled players who don’t farm or don’t have world locks. It would be a nice idea if you made a special world that give you resources for the season clash activities, however, they don’t give the activity’s prizes, only season clash tokens. Take surgery as an example. There would be world which allows you to do surgery for free, however, you don’t get prizes like tools, Edison Zoomsters or Magnifying Glasses, you only get the season clash tokens. Thank you!
    Nice to meet you!

Thank you DavidDoesPBG for my avatar!

I feel like the final prize items should be unobtainable OR should be REALLY rare in order to motivate players to get these items.

Currently, the economy for the final prize items are... meh.
    These items are REALLY DOPE such as Smoog the Great Dragon (looks very majestic and cool) and even the Sceptor of Honor Guards (makes you feel really grand!).

Prices does devalue an item.

However, there might be too much of these cool stuff going around the trade system so the chance of getting these items needs to be reduced. Probably like a Thingamabob kind of rare. These are the things that makes players look forward to get!

Make it something like the Inside Out Vampire Cape. I think players rsally buy cape fragments to try getting the cape which means that REALLY rare stuff does interest players! Except Inside Out Vampire Cape is getting increasingly common so the price is dropping.

Perhaps over the years, the chance of getting these rare items should be reduced gradually to prevent such influx of items. Just sayin' in advance in case the economy for these items crash... which would be such a waste because they are really COOL and since the legendary branch ain't coming back.

I look forward for Summer Clash to be released again!!
    Parkour is my thing hehe
    Heyo!! I'm a full-time undercover agent to secretly roam thru the forums.

For contact/business purposes, slide a private message to me on forums!

Default Noe problem.

So the new "reliable item" will not break, so we shold see a 50man's guild autoclicking from block bashers 24hours until i ends, wow preety smart. If block bashers doesnt comeback woch is the most loved cuz its quick, but yeah get rod of block bashers an all wls based quests (bashers,splicers,placers,hervesters).

Just unbreakable guild item is kinda not so great but hopnig a good balance for what ot gives !

- - - Updated - - -

So the new "reliable item" will not break, so we shold see a 50man's guild autoclicking from block bashers 24hours until i ends, wow preety smart. If block bashers doesnt comeback woch is the most loved cuz its quick, but yeah get rod of block bashers an all wls based quests (bashers,splicers,placers,hervesters).

Just unbreakable guild item is kinda not so great but hopnig a good balance for what ot gives !

And ofc they will be an overload of them meaning market being SUPER LOW
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    BUY+ : Sold buyfrozenstone (47dls)
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)

Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)

#WeWantLBranch

Master Sorcerer

- - - Updated - - -

Jack has a great idea there. When I read his post, I also thought the components should be permanent as you explained. Your idea with multiple legendary rewards is also really great, people wouldn't stop clashes after 1 year for already getting the legendary reward. However, instead of the rewards coming in 1st legendary reward, 2nd legendary reward etc.., they could add multiple legendary rewards for the player to choose from, similiar to the growtoken store items. People wouldn't get unwanted legendary items, they could choose the one(s) they want. For future years, new legendary rewards could be added every now and then so the Interest wouldn't drop. Similiar to growtoken items, you probably won't collect all of them.

Also, as years go by, if there will be a lot of different legendary items, the rewards could cycle every month or so, keeping ~3 different rewards available at a time so that the legendary reward store wouldn't be too crowded at all times.

Sounds good but what about Hackers/Cheaters? This is a very crucial topic, they have been bypassing almost everything (eg. Carnival and Tournament etc). If they managed to earn themselves a prize through the Finale, it will be unfair and might able to exploit it.

Also, will every season rewards be obtainable the same as last year?
    *INTRUDER ALERT*

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Farmers2168 View Post
    Sounds good but what about Hackers/Cheaters? This is a very crucial topic, they have been bypassing almost everything (eg. Carnival and Tournament etc). If they managed to earn themselves a prize through the Finale, it will be unfair and might able to exploit it.

Also, will every season rewards be obtainable the same as last year?
    Fair point here, maybe, to use Finale key we need something else to do, maybe even Finale key should require Soul stone(since they will be in branch and have no use for now). So hackers should still do branch or beweekly quest. That's will not remove hackers, but maybe there would be less if something else we be required for starting Finale world

if we have exquisite tools in display blocks what will happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    Fair point here, maybe, to use Finale key we need something else to do, maybe even Finale key should require Soul stone(since they will be in branch and have no use for now). So hackers should still do branch or beweekly quest. That's will not remove hackers, but maybe there would be less if something else we be required for starting Finale world
    soul stones do have a use: upgrading artifacts
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 73 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by FyreX View Post
    if we have exquisite tools in display blocks what will happen?

- - - Updated - - -

soul stones do have a use: upgrading artifacts
    Which you will ever need a total 20 of if you will level up all ancestrals to lvl 5. People have dozens of soul stones and most people probably won't even use 1 if they won't get new uses. They should make them tradable for new items through sales-man or something.

Anyone who's worried about the parkour aspect really hasnt plaued parkour enough. Even the average joe can finish wolfworld 7 in less than the given 10 minutes, heck it takes me about 2. The hardest thing ubisoft have presented is blarney9, in part because of its rng. But even that only takes me 4-5 minutes. An avid player should be taking a max of 20 minutes for that.
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#6969
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia

Hopefully we can test the parkour world in Beta, I'm super curious...

As for the prizes, I think that the parkour paths should give people the exact same prize, not randomly generated upon completion. Example: Parkour Difficulty Hard gives Prize A, Medium gives Prize B, etc, instead of being randomly generated. Since the branch tiers were originally guaranteed, the new prizes should be too.

Yes, I'm a bit biased due to getting guild carriages over and over again from the emperor's reward, while other members got war hammers and auras... I'm fine with the clash rewards being RNG, but the token store should have guaranteed prizes, even if it is through a parkour challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    How much you hang out with poor players in guild? I think you are rich guilds leader, but how much you know about noob guilds? Last season, i made my l branch tokens in 7 events, then i had some vacation and then i joined in noob guild to learn, what they actually do. L branch is just for few guilds, (10 not even full guilds) and there is over 2k guilds. So while we greedy rich people want waste dls and get untradeable items, those others get nothing out from this. I think this is good test. We can now test 1 year how this work and then come back again on the table and discourse whats next. We really don't need l branch and if we ever take it back, i think 1 per year is just enough. We, who started gt just under year before guild update, didn't have time to earn first tons of dls and then start guild. So example me, i have no chances to earn wls while there is guild season on and no, skipping opportunity to get l branch item, is not option, cause i don't want get regrets either. So while guild events are easier for noobs, i get chance to earn wls too. I can maybe even take part in summer fest. Last year, i wasted all gems in events so no summer fest for me and it was my first summer fest in this game.

So yeah, i think we need give chance for this, like we gave for latest season system. After it, we can again think what went wrong, if it fails like this did.
    I was the Leader of Friends and later Co-Leader of RSP where I made a lot of decisions; I'm currently a Co-Leader of ANCIENTS. So I've been in a few guilds, my alternate accounts have also surveyed a few guilds, since I still technically own Friends, I can an eye on how the people I left in charge are running it.

A lot of guilds, "poorer" guilds as you put it, participate half-heartedly because they don't have the funds to join. The balancing changes make it sound like Guild Events will get a lot cheaper, at the expense of a bigger grind. Giving anybody the chance to be a star player in a popular guild.

However, the removal of a Legendary Prize means there's nothing people miss out on for not joining, expect Clash Events to become miscellaneous as no Untradeable Legendary Prize is on offer. Everything can be traded and that won't create incentive to play.

The only thing I'm really iffy about this is the removal of the Legendary Branch. Speaking from someone who got burnt out of the clashes VERY quickly, I can tell the L branch was something many players looked forward to near the end of the season, and taking that away from them could be quite disappointing for them.

I understand you want to remove a large grind factor, but perhaps simply change the way the L branch works alongside all of the other changes you're doing? (Fantastic changes btw, no complaints there aside from the L branch) I've seen some really good suggestions here, specifically Jack's. Please consider the suggestions for future revisions!
    Starkos? More like Starcos.

Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    Hopefully we can test the parkour world in Beta, I'm super curious...

As for the prizes, I think that the parkour paths should give people the exact same prize, not randomly generated upon completion. Example: Parkour Difficulty Hard gives Prize A, Medium gives Prize B, etc, instead of being randomly generated. Since the branch tiers were originally guaranteed, the new prizes should be too.

Yes, I'm a bit biased due to getting guild carriages over and over again from the emperor's reward, while other members got war hammers and auras... I'm fine with the clash rewards being RNG, but the token store should have guaranteed prizes, even if it is through a parkour challenge.
    Nevermind, I take this back. If the prizes from the parkour are guaranteed, then people will just flock to buy the parkour key. If the prizes are RNG, there will be some risk factor, but I foresee many guild players either selling their key due to the risk of getting a lower tier prize, instead of using the key as intended. The clash will become very 2-sided, with parkourists and "clashers", instead of the intended goal of a parkour challenge and clash event.

Finale Keys are, as of this writing, tradeable. If you're not good at parkour, I'm certain you could find someone who is, and trade the key to them so they can attempt it. Considering that there will be a wide range of prizes in the parkour (some definitely better than others), this could be a very profitable/stable approach to Clashes, as you wouldn't have to risk getting a low-value prize.
    I don't usually get this annoyingly annoyed, but why why why. At least the old guild events had some sort of required knowledge and minimal amount of "skill" to use the tools and granted the intent is "if" you don't know how to parkour but now you're giving the opportunity to anyone familiar or unfamiliar to regular guild events ruining the entire purpose of even participating in those events.

It's just yet again buying your way through items and skipping the whole required activity to doing those events monthly to get the prizes, which is incredibly redundant to even participate in the first place since everyone would just want the end prizes anyway (like the old legendary branch)

It's a great opportunity to get people to training their skills at doing parkour AND they have a whole month to do so. Nobody is at a disadvantage here, parkour isn't any different to doing surgery or startopia. Even better, it virtually doesn't cost anything, other than - of course - a pair of wings, speedy shoes and optionally, a parasol. But we can assume that if you've already reached this far getting keys that most definitely isn't going to be an issue.

That aside, untradeable items is what keeps activities active, which is why guild events perhaps being costy and sometimes annoying to participate, was still a success and overall popular. Without them, you can definitely expect a massive drop in players.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69