Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [DISCUSSION] Season Clash Update!

i still had exq in buyhammer69 it will become 10 pristine fot each hammer?
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    im a boy

Default Complaint - Season Clash Update

I was originally writing a Complaint thread, then checked the Updates Discussion and saw a Feedback Thread for the Announcement, but brain-farted and forgot to copy-paste my response there. Well rip me, here's a thread.

---

I'm not too fond of the balancing changes, but I'll start with something I'm happy about; the events are finally going to have bigger intervals than 1 week, it only took a year but we made it. This is great, I mean: in the Spring Clash just gone, Clash started 3:00 PM Friday and ended 3:00 PM Monday for me. So essentially I had Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get my min done. No, not Monday, I work Mondays until approximately 4:00 PM. My uncle had a wedding on Saturday during the clash, we went up to and stayed at the place the wedding was taking place, on Friday, and what kind of person would I be playing Growtopia the night before his wedding? The day of the wedding I obviously had no time for Growtopia, and the following Sunday we had lunch at my grandparent's place because it's a rare event for all the extended family to get together. I ended up getting my minimum done Sunday around 12:00-4:00 AM my time. Now that's not reflective of my guild, they'd have more than understood if I couldn't make that event, however each event you miss, is more tokens you need to make up to get the Legendary Branch.

I got a little side-tracked, but essentially I have a question, if there is some form of Untradeable Legendary item, will it be obtainable without participating in all four events? A MAJOR oversight was not mending that the contest happens over a period of 3 days, now a life-event, like a wedding, will cost me 25% of the available "token pool". I'm glad we're not doing this on a weekly basis but with such big gaps between Events, surely we could have some leeway for *slightly* longer events to allow for the inevitable life.

I don't usually get up in arms over my suggestions being disregarded because they can sometimes be a bit extreme and I tend to throw out suggestions left right and centre. However, one suggestion, that is a logical move, is replacing the nefarious anomalizing tools with "anomalizing tokens". It's simple, ALL events will use these tokens the same way they used to use tools, only you don't need to replace your hand item (Max Startopia Exp Please) and anomalizing items will translate across all events. It's simple, just make it possible to change the existing tools into tokens, and in future sell tokens for Guild Events. "What about the people who have 1,000+ Pristine tools?" Obviously make a "Pile of Pristine Tokens", like has been done with Growtokens, Mac N' Cheese Stars, Zombie Brains, etc. With even less repetition of events, there could potentially be over a year between repeats of an event, leftover tools are really going to be collecting dust.

Get rid of trash events like fishing, or give us options of one out of X events. If our single event for a whole month is fishing most people will call it quits - especially now that you've removed Exquisite Rods. To reach the same point goal with Pristine Tools is pretty strenuous. Either give fishing a serious rebalance or throw that trash in the bin, Anomarods included.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos
    You already know the legendary branch prizes aren't coming back, but if we suddenly made things easier, the value of any returning branch rewards - rewards you fought tooth and nail for - would get undercut, so we didn't want that, either.
    About the prizes we "worked so hard for"; most of them are dirt cheap. The only prizes with any value are Legendary Branch prizes. Several people sold the branch prizes, trying to make the prizes valuable now is a waste of your time and is more of a punishment than it is a reward to some people, people don't just hoard things for all eternity.

Onto this parkour business, it's great that you're finally branching into the skill-based side of the game. But parkour isn't the only skill, yes it's hard to measure skill in a 2D platformer but look to your underloved features! Pet Battling and Crime! They are the most skill-requiring activities out of the batch (well strategy but I'm using skill because they kind of rely on that too). Essentially anybody who isn't good at parkour has had their final branch prizes locked behind a hard parkour wall, on top of that there's only a chance you'll get final branch items, so it's RNG-based too, everyone's favourite!

I do have mixed feelings about this parkour business, as long as you don't make it ridiculously hard - like BLARNEY9, WOLFWORLD7, etc. Level Difficult, things should go well. Otherwise you're going to be excluding people from Guild Clash Prizes and that's very un-fun. This quote along makes me consider dropping Guild Events:

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos
    The best and most-skilled players will be able to beat all three before the timer runs out. Those who don't complete any paths in time will get a low-tier consolation prize.
    Please don't let the new balancing changes turn into OVEROLL's Wings 2.0.

Removing Exquisite Tools? Unless you rebalance Pristine and Elegant to give a bigger bonus, you are intentionally making this more of a grind than it should be. Here's the catch, it's 10 times the work it would be with Exquisite Tools, but still in 3 DAYS!

---

Just learned there's no Legendary Prize. Disregard my previous question, this is all the stuff I can think of for now. Overall I'm quite pleased with the bigger gap between events, but I have several concerns that I've outlined in this post, sorry if this post comes off as aggressive, or something of the sort, it wasn't my intention - just keen to get my 2 cents on the update in while it's relevant.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Woah! Tons of modifications! Can't wait for the next seasonal clash. Hope the rebalancing fits my budget, because if it's too expensive, I would not be able to afford it. Looking forward...
    IGN: Pokekid123

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.

Insta account: @pokekidgt

@OldSock: Merging your thread with the discussion thread then

Unhappy This is terrible

I hate parkour and im very bad at it. Blarney itself is kinda a torture but well, if guild event become parkour, especially timed, i can't.

Thank you for your concern by rebalancing it but.. parkour... cry...

I'm so bad at parkours... Can you remove the timer?
    I'll do it even it take all of my time.
    IGN: FullOfRegret
    Leader of Egg Guild
    Instagram: @fullofregret.gt
    YouTube Channel: FullOfRegret Official

I make animations.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6Kc97h...oVRR/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    @OldSock: Merging your thread with the discussion thread then
    Cheers haha
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Default Rip me

I agree, clashes have been tons of work for leaders and also boring, since same events repeated without any skills needed. Only disposable dls mattered.

But, I have mainly been in guilds because of team spirit (ofc there have been freeloaders, but CD has had good members lately) and also to get legendary branch item. But now. I'm terrible at parkours and also my android tablet is lagging a bit in parkours (even when it's quite new and best model), so I struggle in Blarneys 1 and 2. So if the best prizes are achieved with parkour skills, you can count me out. I am truly sad about this, cuz clashes have been some kind of motivation and a breath of fresh air compared with the everyday grind.

/Pin

IGN: Pinuski
    Level:125
    Finnish, adult (gt mom)
    Goals: none, just spending my time and having fun (or a legendary item maybe, one day)
    Worlds for example SHP, GETGEMMIES, CRIMESTATE, 3RDROCK, SVENSK, HUB10

please dont use a time in the parkour im not pro parkour
    im a boy

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    At the end of each branch, you'll be able to get a special Finale Key.
    What a weird way of spelling wolf whistle!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinuski View Post
    I agree, clashes have been tons of work for leaders and also boring, since same events repeated without any skills needed. Only disposable dls mattered.

But, I have mainly been in guilds because of team spirit (ofc there have been freeloaders, but CD has had good members lately) and also to get legendary branch item. But now. I'm terrible at parkours and also my android tablet is lagging a bit in parkours (even when it's quite new and best model), so I struggle in Blarneys 1 and 2. So if the best prizes are achieved with parkour skills, you can count me out. I am truly sad about this, cuz clashes have been some kind of motivation and a breath of fresh air compared with the everyday grind.

/Pin
    is true not only you....
    im noob parkour and my phone always lag in the crowded bfg world even though i can play pubg for max graphic
    im a boy

Quote Originally Posted by Pinuski View Post

/Pin
    I'm out too, but parkour key is tradeable, so guild mate can make it for you. And, we can skip whole season and still not lose anything special, so now this is voluntary while it was must to do before. So goodbye stress, finally!

And, if this will be total disaster then we start think another ideas. As we see, they really listen (if we yell) and nothing is not permanent as long as we dislike it. So, lets give chance for this and after one year or something we can ask changes again.

In last season i had worst time ever. In winter season, my grandpa died and did i have time for grieve? Not really. I needed farm gems for next event, recruit members and fight against leches. So even when my elders helped me at the time, i felt burnout. Spring season, my grandma died. Again i felt like, i can't stand this anymore. Whole year i have worked so hard for this guild and last 6 months in my guild i lost my grandparents and i afraid that i lost my guild too, cause i didn't have strength to carry on. So last years guild system was just too much. If everything is just fine in our real life or we have no real life at all then we have time to handle guilds, but being a leader, have kids and get few adversity in our life, can literally pour our game succeed. In the middle of all that pain, i still wanted make sure that i have something what i can continue in this game too, after i get back on my feet. If there would be chance that i could just skip few events without losing a l branch chances, i would maybe handled this all better, but cause there wasn't i was angry, desperate and i really yelled at forums them to stop events, before i lose my mind completely.

So yes, i think this new season system deserves try. Who knows, maybe we love it and if not, then we cry about it and demand changes again.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

In past Clashes around 1,000 players got the Legendary Branch. Now, almost everyone is able to participate a lot.
    If there will be a Legendary Branch, Finale Key should be untrade because this will make Clashes expensive and pro players will buy all keys. Anyway I recommend this instead of no Legendary Branch and tradable keys. I’m sure that more than 50% of players will sell keys. MAKE KEYS UNTRADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    ign:FLO66
    Level 84
    🇷🇴 16yr

Quote Originally Posted by IMPARATUL View Post
    In past Clashes around 1,000 players got the Legendary Branch. Now, almost everyone is able to participate a lot.
    If there will be a Legendary Branch, Finale Key should be untrade because this will make Clashes expensive and pro players will buy all keys. Anyway I recommend this instead of no Legendary Branch and tradable keys. I’m sure that more than 50% of players will sell keys. MAKE KEYS UNTRADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Correct. No legendary prize.

One of the things we struggled with in rebalancing the Season Clashes was the natural devaluation of prizes that would occur if we made things easier. While we feel we've solved this issue in regard to the branch rewards via the use of the Final World and its prize pools, we simply can't do the same for the legendary branch. Remember, it was called "legendary" for a reason: It involved three full months of tremendous effort.

Without legendary effort, you can't have legendary rewards. The new Clash isn't set up that way, so... it won't.
    So...

I like this idea!

However, I have something I'm unclear of: will the final rewards from previous seasons such as the Aurora Wings return as the Finale parkour's prize?

So will these final reward prizes have equal chances of obtaining if we choose the difficult path?
    Heyo!! I'm a full-time undercover agent to secretly roam thru the forums.

For contact/business purposes, slide a private message to me on forums!

Default A change for Finalie Key

I was thinking of making it a variety of keys either choosable or not.
    Like either when you use the finalie key it would random between surgery or parkour.
    Or you choose a finalie key with surgery or parkour.
    I was thinking that not everyone has skill nor trained for parkour and some may do surgery. So maybe there will be a world which surgery goes with 3 different paths filled with surg-e. And the hard one is extremely hard.

We can add such ideas for cooking etc. Making it more worthy to attempt instead of selling.

People may use Finalie key as way of quick profits just because they are god at parkour. And people who are equally skilled in other aspect won't be able to gain the same.

Thank you for reading and I hope you consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth-Chan View Post
    Judge me if you want to judge, i dont care what you damn people say. I'd rather stay my true self than being plastic towards others.
    Instagram: @HeWhoKnows_gt
    I am an Editor for Growtopia Wiki
    Art contest 1dl giveaway cancelled info here

The season clash changes sound really amazing overall,
    but I am a bit disappointed about the legendary tier removal : P

Quote Originally Posted by Heyo View Post
    I like this idea!

However, I have something I'm unclear of: will the final rewards from previous seasons such as the Aurora Wings return as the Finale parkour's prize?

So will these final reward prizes have equal chances of obtaining if we choose the difficult path?
    Nearly all of them should be coming back, yes. Just with varying chances of dropping.

One of those rare occasions where I feel I have to pop my head out of the lurking shadows and throw in some insight. First off, I'll start by stating that throughout all 3 of the previous Seasonal Clashes I was the leader of a top competitive guild, so I feel I have a pretty good knowledge on guild events as a whole, and the problems they had. I'm glad that steps are being taken to iron out some of the most prominent issues.

The fact that we have less events and therefore have to spend a whole lot less is a huge positive, makes the events more enjoyable rather than feeling like you're just sinking a ton of WLs. If you want to keep events skill based, add a crime event and cycle between Cooking Crusaders, Surgery Stars, Super Startopians and a crime variant. Other events such as Pet Battling could also be viable if you want seasons to vary a bit.

As long as the Finale Keys remain tradeable, I don't think there's a problem with them being oriented around parkour skill. You're not excluding anyone if they have the opportunity to either allow someone else to do it for them, or to sell it to someone who wants to take a chance. This will also hopefully raise the value of "end branch" items, too, making them more worthwhile. Not a bad balance.

Although, overall, the changes I see as a positive, there is one glaring problem.

No Legendary Branch

I understand you wanted to make it "chill" and not feel like it was mandatory to compete in, but you have essentially just removed the entire purpose of Seasonal Clash events for a LOT of people. What's the point if there's no end reward?

Sure, you can get cool items from finishing other branches, but these are all tradeable. Meaning you don't have to compete in the events at all to get them, so people can just trade for the items they like instead of spending WLs to risk a chance to get them. Guild Events SHOULD have a mandatory element to it, IMO, that's what made them so popular - the chance to get an item you couldn't get without competing.

Lots of guilds in Growtopia base their minimum score/event and strategies around allowing all of their members to achieve the one desirable thing from Guild Events: The Legendary Branch. The end goal, and the main motivation for people to actually complete in Seasonal Clashes.

You have a very outspoken community here, lots of people who are willing to share their thoughts & opinions to help direct the game. This is easily something you could poll, or something you could ask experienced Guild Event players to comment on before making a decision that changes not only the entire nature of the events, but the purpose of well.

EDIT: If your sole concern is that it takes away from the value of previous Legendary Items, then I have a proposal. Similar to the first event, we had to purchase numerous "Legendary Items" to create one cooler, more useful finalised version - The Exquisite Gauntlet of Elements.

You could use the same idea but have it cross-seasonal. Add 3 "components" of sorts to a "Legendary Branch" in Summer, Winter & Spring, and once a player has all 3 of them they can create a finalised Legendary item. This would take approximately 3 months of constant clashes, similar to the amount of work for a Legendary Branch in previous clashes.

For those who perhaps missed Summer, but planned to participate in Winter & Spring, you could have the option for them to buy the first Legendary Component for a dramatically inflated cost during the other clashes - so they have to spend the same amount of time/WLs getting the tokens as the players who partook in all 3 seasons.
    The Forum Manual!

Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.

Quote Originally Posted by LovedMonkey View Post
    I was thinking of making it a variety of keys either choosable or not.
    Like either when you use the finalie key it would random between surgery or parkour.
    Or you choose a finalie key with surgery or parkour.
    I was thinking that not everyone has skill nor trained for parkour and some may do surgery. So maybe there will be a world which surgery goes with 3 different paths filled with surg-e. And the hard one is extremely hard.

We can add such ideas for cooking etc. Making it more worthy to attempt instead of selling.

People may use Finalie key as way of quick profits just because they are god at parkour. And people who are equally skilled in other aspect won't be able to gain the same.

Thank you for reading and I hope you consider it.
    I love this idea. We, parkour noobs have 0 chances in parkour, same as some surg noobs has 0 chances in surg. But if all could use their own special skills, then it would be super equal.

I have some questions: Will guilds mutual contribution have how big role? I need know how to recruit rn. Could my guild be good without deposit and without this annoying #17 contri limit? Or could i get branches even if my guild does totally noob rank? My main goal in guild has been always that i give guild for my members, where they can get legendary branch as cheap as possible, without any risks (means, no surprise kicks, no risk that even if they do #17 in 12 events, they still doesn't have enough tokens for l branch). So if they can earn branches and keys with reasonable amount of gems or wls even if guild has totally noob rank, then i love this update even more. So how will it be?