Thread: Content creators

Master Sorcerer

Default Content creators

A certain content creator, I won't name names, has recently made another video (out of 19, yes NINETEEN) about not judging noobs. Now, I haven't watched any of them other than his most recent one, but I am pretty sure they are all the same concepts and ideas repeated over and over again. It's honestly pretty inane how his viewers can even eat up his content without questioning anything.

So in his video, he went around asking random people about how to play the game, how to double jump, etc. Pretty basic, right? Just grab a pair of wings and voilà, you can double jump! However, he was being exceedingly annoying and unnatural in his video by consistently asking the same person and punching them for an uncomfortably long period of time. I mean, any noob at that point would've just left them alone and, maybe, just maybe find out how to play the game by himself? And then, without anyone, not a single soul in the game, asking, he showed off his items to the person he is talking to. Hey, don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, but it just seems to me that he is trying to boost his ever so large ego by displaying his wealth to anyone who cared.

I mean sure, this content is what his viewers want, so be it. My point is, the fact that he is milking these kinds of content for views consistently, coupled with the fact that he is even ABLE to do so, shows a lot about the state of our game and its content creators.

I've made a similar comment on the video itself, it got a few thumbs up within a few minutes, and then it got hidden through some means unknown. Censorship and growtopia's content creators at it's finest.
    ign: BladeGamer

"This video will totally get me popular and make me a moderator!"
    People can figure out how to play the game by themselves, this is the most organic and natural way to learn, heck this game even gives you a free small lock and two entrances to secure your first world with no issues.
    People have always tried to 'help' others for attention, I've fallen guilty for this in the past, many people have too. Difference is, some do it for good intentions and play the game, others just do it for a popularity boost.
    Also, while we're on the topic, what's with this 'creators' tab in game? Isn't it a bit counter intuitive to list individual youtubers *in game* to plug their channels?
    I had a look at a few of these official 'creators' videos... I'm no expert but I can't say they're brimming with the highest production quality and originality.
    -Thadirth

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by mrthadawee View Post
    Also, while we're on the topic, what's with this 'creators' tab in game? Isn't it a bit counter intuitive to list individual youtubers *in game* to plug their channels?
    I had a look at a few of these official 'creators' videos... I'm no expert but I can't say they're brimming with the highest production quality and originality.
    Ubisoft introduced it not too long ago in an attempt to promote their game. I do agree that it's pretty pointless considering you have to be already playing the game in order to access the community hub.

Quality, questionable, but maybe a little. I don't really know how to edit videos either, so it may be different experience for them compared to us viewers. But originality, I wouldn't say so for this particular content creator.

On another note, welcome back.

i'm embaressed

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    A certain content creator, I won't name names, has recently made another video (out of 19, yes NINETEEN) about not judging noobs. Now, I haven't watched any of them other than his most recent one, but I am pretty sure they are all the same concepts and ideas repeated over and over again. It's honestly pretty inane how his viewers can even eat up his content without questioning anything.

So in his video, he went around asking random people about how to play the game, how to double jump, etc. Pretty basic, right? Just grab a pair of wings and voilà, you can double jump! However, he was being exceedingly annoying and unnatural in his video by consistently asking the same person and punching them for an uncomfortably long period of time. I mean, any noob at that point would've just left them alone and, maybe, just maybe find out how to play the game by himself? And then, without anyone, not a single soul in the game, asking, he showed off his items to the person he is talking to. Hey, don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, but it just seems to me that he is trying to boost his ever so large ego by displaying his wealth to anyone who cared.

I mean sure, this content is what his viewers want, so be it. My point is, the fact that he is milking these kinds of content for views consistently, coupled with the fact that he is even ABLE to do so, shows a lot about the state of our game and its content creators.

I've made a similar comment on the video itself, it got a few thumbs up within a few minutes, and then it got hidden through some means unknown. Censorship and growtopia's content creators at it's finest.
    i believe you're talking about benbarrage. not sure but one of his more recent videos involved a don't judge noobs2 stle of video. generally growtopia content creators don't aim very high. i think the animators are some of the strongest in terms of growtopia content like the youtuber mramos. youtubers like benbarrage and tery often clickbait just for ad revenue but there are youtubers like pcats who's less clickbaity and more honest.
    Last edited by ItsFyn; 06-17-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: removing an error
    Comic Sans is a sin but I can't stop using it

My Goals:
    Buy Focused Eyes (13/100)
    Reach level 50 (38/50)

Most content creators don't make good content.
    Most content creators make clickbait.
    Most content creators use their fans.
    Most content creators only care about the money.
    Most content creators are foolish one day they will fail.
    C++ Programmer, and reverse engineer

Master Sorcerer

Giving this a bump. I understand if normal players don't care about content creators, but come on Ubisoft, these players are the representatives of your game. Aren't you guys going to take some form of action about this kind of low originality content?

and one of content creators just stop uploading the videos 2 months ago
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    im a boy