Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye, forever.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MinimiesHelps View Post
    Most likely none of you know who i am, and thats fine. I havent played for a very long time, and i certainly have not been active on the forums. Started playing the game in 2014. A lot has happened during this time, and most of it has been enjoyable. I have had lots of lovely moments, with friends and alone, from the start, to the end. But now, my journey shall end, right after i started playing again.

This was the first, and possibly the last time i have ever wanted to support the developers of a game. I purchased the 60k gems pack, and the 30d subscription pack. I thought that this would benefit both sides.
    There were a couple of problems though.

1: I thought that i would get 2 growtokens each day.
    2: I thought that the "exclusive skins" meant the growformer and the goblin. (I havent played for years, so i didnt know that these were normal items). (not sure about the goblin).

So, even after activating the subscription, i decided to refund the purchase. I was thinking of buying more gems instead, and i thought they would just remove the vip status from my account.

Oh boy, was i wrong about that. I am now suspended for 2 years (might be permanent later), and support confirmed that they wont remove the ban. I feel like these messages were completely automated, as i dont think they even bothered to read the part where i explained that i didnt mean to "commit a crime".

So, i got permanently banned after playing the game for years, because i refunded a purchase because of its misleading description, and the support doesnt seem to care, even if they could easily remove the subscription from my account. So, i dont really have any reason to continue using the forums, bye.

**** ubisoft

Hey There

I am sorry to hear about your incident. Unfortunately, it is illegal what you did Let me explain in case you dont know; If you buy a 1-year-subscription and use the token, and then asks for a refund then its fraud I am sure you didn't know or thought about it, when you messaged the growtopia support. Maybe you can convince them somehow. It's not impossible to get unbanned after getting banned It does depend on the reason though. But again.. i am deeply sorry to hear that you got banned! It's never fun to leave such a great game

- Gustav30103
    -Gulleboi-

YouTube: Gustav30103_gt

Instagram: Gustav30103_gt

About my country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrmuaQrdNw

You'd think that when Ubisoft takes over, they would have a solution for this, or at least have support do their job and support the game.
    ~IGN: Nanimator
    ~Joined Growtopia On 7-13-2015
    ~Discord: Nanimator#6408

https://youtu.be/ZPzsx3AdHpw

Quote Originally Posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
    how is it not common knowledge that refunding without the devs is prohibited in literally every game
    None of the games i have ever played have done this? What games are you talking about?
    Also i have never supported a game through IAP, so i guess i wouldnt know.

But do you want to know a fun fact?
    Even their support page gives you intstructions to contact Google Play in case of wanting a refund.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-06-27-23-08-15.png
Views: 46
Size:  128.9 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gustav30103_gt View Post
    Hey There

If you buy a 1-year-subscription and use the token, and then asks for a refund then its fraud I am but they just wont do it.

- Gustav30103

Yeah, i did use the token but i was absilutely sure that they would be able to revert it easily. And they most likely could, but they just wont do it.

(inb4 i get banned because of talking about my ban on the forums).
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    Believe you can, and you're halfway there
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia Chớp Thần Công View Post
    I dont think im China...
    IGN: minimies

Permanently banned for 730 days for refunding a purchase because of its misleading description. Thanks, ubi.

Lesser Wizard Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MinimiesHelps View Post
    So, i got permanently banned after playing the game for years, because i refunded a purchase because of its misleading description
    The description was pretty clear though, never was it stated the growtokens were daily it said you get 2 growtokens but not daily, it was clearly said the seasonal tokens were daily also you really should have looked into the growformer and goblin to see they weren't skins, which I thought was pretty clear since skins in this game have just been skin colours.

As for the ban, what you did was fraud and there for you got a ban, I really don't think it should have been a ban, instead just remove the subscription effect, really thought there was a better way to handle this.
    Ok

Yea, it’s illegal to refund with contacting the developers but Ubisoft didn’t start banning until like March of last year (when Mitch was here). The system automatically thinks it’s a iap fraud I guess.

Also, a 730 ban is a perma ban so oof.

I guess support isn’t helpful when u tried to explain.
    IGN: ZeppyZ
    Subscribe to my YouTube channel pls:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClH...L-cinVt_9IxgdQ

Yeah, I agree that they should just remove what you bought with the refunded money.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Yea, it’s illegal to refund with contacting the developers but Ubisoft didn’t start banning until like March of last year (when Mitch was here). The system automatically thinks it’s a iap fraud I guess.

Also, a 730 ban is a perma ban so oof.

I guess support isn’t helpful when u tried to explain.
    Do you know if its going to actually go away after 2 years, or am i actually being misinformed, and that i have lost my account forever?

I dont think support even has any real persons answering, except when their autoreply doesnt know what to answer.
    I know that they copypaste messages that are commonly asked, but i have email them like 4 times, and today i emailed and asked if its a perma ban or if i can play after 2 years, and they literally keep answering the emails with the same answers in the literally same order.

I even explained that i dont have access to the email i used to create my account, and i still got hit with a reply "the email you are not using is not the one you created your ac...." and then their next reply is "The only reason we suspend accounts is if they commit SERIOUS CRIMES?" **** off with that bullshit.
    "You are not welcome to play Growtopia under any account"

And after the 2nd message they never reply back. I would love to know if there is even a person behind this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    Believe you can, and you're halfway there
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia Chớp Thần Công View Post
    I dont think im China...
    IGN: minimies

Permanently banned for 730 days for refunding a purchase because of its misleading description. Thanks, ubi.

I have heard that support has been worse recently.

Lesser Wizard

Ah I feel so bad for you! Hopefully your account will get unbanned, as soon as possible!

But for now goodbye and good luck to your future endeavors.
    Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Unhappy

Dang, that must’ve sucked. Sad to see you go though, I’m sure you were a valuable player to the community. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, thanks for playing the game too.

All I can say is, Goodbye. Come back in 2 years!
    IGN: 1NB4

If you see someone with the MediaZeus name Ingame,it's not me. I changed my name to 1NB4!

My new forum account! Please click me !