Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Forum [IMG] problem

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Marcoolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Under Your Skin
    Posts
    1,956

    Default Forum [IMG] problem

    I cant add images in my phone.. i get error "invalid file"

    Also if scroll down page i can see some settings:

    BB code is on
    Smiles are on
    [VIDEO] code is on
    [IMG] code is off
    HTML code is off

    why that img code is off???

    I post img many times and all works fine before...what happens??
    IGN: Marcoolio
    Level - 90

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Change forum location bro
    Posts
    8,923

    Default

    Name:  loominati.png
Views: 74
Size:  53.5 KB

    img tags do not work, but attachments do.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Marcoolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Under Your Skin
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Name:  loominati.png
Views: 74
Size:  53.5 KB

    img tags do not work, but attachments do.
    Thank you for answer.. not sure how attachments works but i do some research

    Manage attachments i find and upload button but still same error..
    IGN: Marcoolio
    Level - 90

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Marcoolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Under Your Skin
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    I slove this... my stupid phone makes SS jpg format and only png or jpeg is allowed..
    IGN: Marcoolio
    Level - 90

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    12,215

    Default

    My question is why tf did they disable [IMG] code, that's honestly just dumb.


    Starkos, you lied. Where are our promised dragon roots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    I'm gonna make every update dragon-themed, I swear to Growlactus

    #FireAncient founder

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer GrowStone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    summer!
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    My question is why tf did they disable [IMG] code, that's honestly just dumb.
    As said many times, we've been able to capture IP addresses, countries and forumer names through IMG tags
    While harmless, some people don't like to be tracked.
    If you still don't believe, here's an example (IP addresses drawn on for obvious reasons)
    Name:  Screenshot_20190620_001721.png
Views: 63
Size:  106.0 KB

    The reason only IMG tags have been turned off is because they are the ones who allow external image linking, thus this
    Attachments are totally safe
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

    Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    12,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    As said many times, we've been able to capture IP addresses, countries and forumer names through IMG tags
    While harmless, some people don't like to be tracked.
    If you still don't believe, here's an example (IP addresses drawn on for obvious reasons)


    The reason only IMG tags have been turned off is because they are the ones who allow external image linking, thus this
    Attachments are totally safe
    Again, super dumb. If you really care enough about your privacy, you'll use some sort of anti-tracker or VPN anyways. Also, this is exactly the Ubisoft type of solution you'd expect from them; instead of fixing the tracking issue, they'd just rather disable [IMG] altogether.

    I wouldn't even mind using attachments, if they actually worked properly, but of course they don't. Half the time, it won't even let you upload the files for whatever dumb reason, and then if you want to upload a .jpg you have to convert it to .png, instead of being able to just use [IMG] like before.


    Starkos, you lied. Where are our promised dragon roots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    I'm gonna make every update dragon-themed, I swear to Growlactus

    #FireAncient founder

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer GrowStone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    summer!
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Again, super dumb. If you really care enough about your privacy, you'll use some sort of anti-tracker or VPN anyways. Also, this is exactly the Ubisoft type of solution you'd expect from them; instead of fixing the tracking issue, they'd just rather disable [IMG] altogether.

    I wouldn't even mind using attachments, if they actually worked properly, but of course they don't. Half the time, it won't even let you upload the files for whatever dumb reason, and then if you want to upload a .jpg you have to convert it to .png, instead of being able to just use [IMG] like before.
    The bug is harmless tbh and we can request re-enabling those tags. Of course for whatever reason the forum system doesn't JPG attachments but this can be easily overcome by digging into the forum files.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

    Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Xrmion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    The bug is harmless tbh and we can request re-enabling those tags. Of course for whatever reason the forum system doesn't JPG attachments but this can be easily overcome by digging into the forum files.
    or just make new forums from scratch better than this potato forums...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •