Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Certain things I find frustrating to be tackled hopefully. (Major Issues)

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Pooffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Certain things I find frustrating to be tackled hopefully. (Major Issues)

    Now before I start with anything, I want to clear the fact that I am not trying to attack Ubisoft in anyway, and am bringing this up for the good of the community and best for future (considering PAW coming up/they started taking account of other issues)

    I find certain issues very frustrating that are still present within the game on a wide scale. Now I know some of these issues can't be dealt with completely, but should be enforced in a way at least.

    #1: SB Harassment.
    GROWTOPIA has made it clear that being disrespectful is against the Growtopian Code. However, we can see daily in broadcasts and such: players harassing each other, calling all their friends to help, SB wars, and more. It's just frustrating to deal with all this, where it further heightens the toxicity that lies within the community. I know moderators have taken some action, but more action needs to be taken or people need to be able to refer this activity to appropriate authority and be dealt with properly.

    #2 Account Trades (MAJOR ISSUE)
    This is probably the worst issue for me. I'm sure everyone realizes how much illegal activity goes on within the game, and with lack of evidence Ubisoft supposedly can't do much to deal with it. This is a major problem due to the fact that it ruins the authenticity for others. For example, why should nubgar_46 decide to finish legend wings, when it isn't even special. Considering someone bought a legend account from george_27. See what I mean? There needs to be ongoing investigations of some sort to deal with these matters.

    #3 Illegal sale of DLS and purchases
    This is also another issue that I personally find VERY FRUSTRATING. I'm sure many of you do as well. This ruins the authenticity of the effort we put into this game. Also theoretically, I can't really see people supporting Ubisoft with gem purchases when they can find other means of doing so. In addition, it's just unfair to those who have worked their rear ends off farming or massing or even trading to earn their wealth. Investigations also need to take place in these matters, and I hope something can be done in the future.

    #4 Autofarming and Botting
    I know Ubisoft has taken some measures to enforce rules against Autofarming, but let's be realistic, it won't have much of an effect. If you were in the mind of an Autofarming player, you would want to hide in private worlds and do so. This gives them a large advantage over real players, and like illegal DL Buyers, gives them a large unlimited wealth budget. There needs to be some way of updating the system to detect still movements or some sort of repetition to deal with this. Possibly other methods may be even better.

    Anyways, once again just trying to advise Ubisoft of current issues I find very frustrating, and hopefully someday can be dealt with accordingly. If any Ubisoft staff/person has any questions or feedback feel free to pm me or drop a reply below in this thread.

    Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Lesser Knight Geomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    I am from Finland! ;)
    Posts
    31

    Default

    +1 Bumping

    YouTube.com/Geomi
    IGN: Geomi
    Main world: GEOMI

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooffy View Post
    #2 Account Trades (MAJOR ISSUE)
    This is probably the worst issue for me. I'm sure everyone realizes how much illegal activity goes on within the game, and with lack of evidence Ubisoft supposedly can't do much to deal with it. This is a major problem due to the fact that it ruins the authenticity for others. For example, why should nubgar_46 decide to finish legend wings, when it isn't even special. Considering someone bought a legend account from george_27. See what I mean? There needs to be ongoing investigations of some sort to deal with these matters.
    I do believe NekoRei said that this was legal (heard it from her during GrowCon correct me if I'm wrong) even thou it's against the Code
    I am not gay but my IGN is jimizgay



  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Pooffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    I do believe NekoRei said that this was legal (heard it from her during GrowCon correct me if I'm wrong) even thou it's against the Code
    Account trades were never legal. I don't know where you got that from, but it's most likely a rumor of some sort.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooffy View Post
    Now before I start with anything, I want to clear the fact that I am not trying to attack Ubisoft in anyway, and am bringing this up for the good of the community and best for future (considering PAW coming up/they started taking account of other issues)

    I find certain issues very frustrating that are still present within the game on a wide scale. Now I know some of these issues can't be dealt with completely, but should be enforced in a way at least.

    #1: SB Harassment.
    GROWTOPIA has made it clear that being disrespectful is against the Growtopian Code. However, we can see daily in broadcasts and such: players harassing each other, calling all their friends to help, SB wars, and more. It's just frustrating to deal with all this, where it further heightens the toxicity that lies within the community. I know moderators have taken some action, but more action needs to be taken or people need to be able to refer this activity to appropriate authority and be dealt with properly.

    #2 Account Trades (MAJOR ISSUE)
    This is probably the worst issue for me. I'm sure everyone realizes how much illegal activity goes on within the game, and with lack of evidence Ubisoft supposedly can't do much to deal with it. This is a major problem due to the fact that it ruins the authenticity for others. For example, why should nubgar_46 decide to finish legend wings, when it isn't even special. Considering someone bought a legend account from george_27. See what I mean? There needs to be ongoing investigations of some sort to deal with these matters.

    #3 Illegal sale of DLS and purchases
    This is also another issue that I personally find VERY FRUSTRATING. I'm sure many of you do as well. This ruins the authenticity of the effort we put into this game. Also theoretically, I can't really see people supporting Ubisoft with gem purchases when they can find other means of doing so. In addition, it's just unfair to those who have worked their rear ends off farming or massing or even trading to earn their wealth. Investigations also need to take place in these matters, and I hope something can be done in the future.

    #4 Autofarming and Botting
    I know Ubisoft has taken some measures to enforce rules against Autofarming, but let's be realistic, it won't have much of an effect. If you were in the mind of an Autofarming player, you would want to hide in private worlds and do so. This gives them a large advantage over real players, and like illegal DL Buyers, gives them a large unlimited wealth budget. There needs to be some way of updating the system to detect still movements or some sort of repetition to deal with this. Possibly other methods may be even better.

    Anyways, once again just trying to advise Ubisoft of current issues I find very frustrating, and hopefully someday can be dealt with accordingly. If any Ubisoft staff/person has any questions or feedback feel free to pm me or drop a reply below in this thread.

    Thanks for reading!
    If Ubisoft would let me help them I could take care of #4
    C++ Programmer, and reverse engineer

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer YeaItsMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robloxdddsf0 View Post
    If Ubisoft would let me help them I could take care of #4
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you on this one. Macroing/botting is not something you can erase from this game in some lines of code. I mean look at Jagex, they've been running Runescape for nearly 2 decades now and they still have a massive macroing problem. They have a very sophisticated automatic anti-botting system, but there's always a flaw that's waiting to be exploited. It's much easier being the "attacker" because you need to find one single flaw, whereas as the "defender" you must account for all possible scenarios.
    I don't doubt your skill as a programmer, but I doubt you could erase the problem alltogether. Band-aid fixes are not a solution to this problem. The bots can always get more sophisticated.
    -YeaItsMe

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YeaItsMe View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you on this one. Macroing/botting is not something you can erase from this game in some lines of code. I mean look at Jagex, they've been running Runescape for nearly 2 decades now and they still have a massive macroing problem. They have a very sophisticated automatic anti-botting system, but there's always a flaw that's waiting to be exploited. It's much easier being the "attacker" because you need to find one single flaw, whereas as the "defender" you must account for all possible scenarios.
    I don't doubt your skill as a programmer, but I doubt you could erase the problem alltogether. Band-aid fixes are not a solution to this problem. The bots can always get more sophisticated.
    Yeah, growtopia botting isn't as big as runescape botting. there's only 1 bot out there, and it's open source.
    easy path.
    C++ Programmer, and reverse engineer

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer YeaItsMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robloxdddsf0 View Post
    Yeah, growtopia botting isn't as big as runescape botting. there's only 1 bot out there, and it's open source.
    easy path.
    Then they'll learn from their mistakes and make another one - private. What you're doing is called a band-aid fix. You're making it impossible for that one bot to work, but doing nothing against other bots. And how are you so sure about there not being other bots? Maybe there are more and all of them are private and (atleast for now) undetectable.
    -YeaItsMe

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Devour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    639

    Default

    I bet Ubisoft doesn't give a damn about this game, it's just loose change auto money to aid their other upcoming games, they have bigger games to air as shown in E3.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Pooffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    BUMP! Any more feedback?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YeaItsMe View Post
    Then they'll learn from their mistakes and make another one - private. What you're doing is called a band-aid fix. You're making it impossible for that one bot to work, but doing nothing against other bots. And how are you so sure about there not being other bots? Maybe there are more and all of them are private and (atleast for now) undetectable.
    They're all skidded off of growtopia noobs bot.
    C++ Programmer, and reverse engineer

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer YeaItsMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robloxdddsf0 View Post
    They're all skidded off of growtopia noobs bot.
    Can I see your source on that? And you're 100% certain that there are no other players capable of writing a private script?
    -YeaItsMe

  13. #13
    Lesser Knight doip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    33

    Default

    someone needs to tackle these problems Name:  53D833C9-938C-4FF0-A4F8-CA9738D2C5B5.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  39.1 KB

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Punchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    590

    Default

    #1: SB Harassment.
    GROWTOPIA has made it clear that being disrespectful is against the Growtopian Code. However, we can see daily in broadcasts and such: players harassing each other, calling all their friends to help, SB wars, and more. It's just frustrating to deal with all this, where it further heightens the toxicity that lies within the community. I know moderators have taken some action, but more action needs to be taken or people need to be able to refer this activity to appropriate authority and be dealt with properly.
    I've seen a lot of broadcasts related to racism and dreadful behavior against each other. I'm not sure what is the main problem that they fight with each other in-game, but this has to stop for real. People have to understand that differences is what makes us unique and special. Seems that patriotism went too far.

    #2 Account Trades (MAJOR ISSUE)
    This is probably the worst issue for me. I'm sure everyone realizes how much illegal activity goes on within the game, and with lack of evidence Ubisoft supposedly can't do much to deal with it. This is a major problem due to the fact that it ruins the authenticity for others. For example, why should nubgar_46 decide to finish legend wings, when it isn't even special. Considering someone bought a legend account from george_27. See what I mean? There needs to be ongoing investigations of some sort to deal with these matters.
    Frustrating indeed. People are more interested to get themselves ready to go account with untradeable, but expensive values. I'm not sure if there's anything more they can do to stop it. Unless they put much more time on it then they do at this moment.

    #3 Illegal sale of DLS and purchases
    This is also another issue that I personally find VERY FRUSTRATING. I'm sure many of you do as well. This ruins the authenticity of the effort we put into this game. Also theoretically, I can't really see people supporting Ubisoft with gem purchases when they can find other means of doing so. In addition, it's just unfair to those who have worked their rear ends off farming or massing or even trading to earn their wealth. Investigations also need to take place in these matters, and I hope something can be done in the future.
    Agreed. People are selling each other such things in reality really often. In my school everyone buys and sells them for 3 euros for 1 diamond lock each. They are too bored and impatient to get it by themselves with hard-work. And I'm not sure if they can't do anything more about it here as well.

    #4 Autofarming and Botting
    I know Ubisoft has taken some measures to enforce rules against Autofarming, but let's be realistic, it won't have much of an effect. If you were in the mind of an Autofarming player, you would want to hide in private worlds and do so. This gives them a large advantage over real players, and like illegal DL Buyers, gives them a large unlimited wealth budget. There needs to be some way of updating the system to detect still movements or some sort of repetition to deal with this. Possibly other methods may be even better.
    Agreed here as well. Players are getting more wealth easier than it was before. An Lithuanian with no growid account got himself a lot of world locks by just farming grass all day with such programs. It was an issue before and it became more popular now. Would be glad if there's any method to stop such things.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

    IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 47
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paul ( Punchas/Puchy )#2613

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooffy View Post
    Account trades were never legal. I don't know where you got that from, but it's most likely a rumor of some sort.
    ok i just said that i was at growcon then someone at growcon asked nekorei then she said legal but correct me nekorei if im wrong
    I am not gay but my IGN is jimizgay



  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Pooffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Any more thoughts? I hope they can see this thread and consider more improvements.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •