Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About spam

Default About spam

Why are devs trying to find hardcore systems and programs to sove spam when they can easily add a Level Jammer for 1.000 Gems. Owner of world will set this jammer to Level 10 and spammers will be shut down because they are level 1-5.

Oppression! Newbies will think they are doing something wrongly lol
    IGN: BiteForce

Forumer of the year of 2017

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...601/him_60.jpg
    Legendary quote below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstyles View Post
    I'm asking you to pay world locks for my 'Bad English' to carve an end

Quote Originally Posted by IMPARATUL View Post
    Why are devs trying to find hardcore systems and programs to sove spam when they can easily add a Level Jammer for 1.000 Gems. Owner of world will set this jammer to Level 10 and spammers will be shut down because they are level 1-5.
    Long term solutions to problems are done in the game code. Best way to solve the problem is by programming a solution that automates everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    So, we checked your logs. Your map was destroyed and you got a Rune Stone as a reward.
    Just my Luck.

fight fire with fire

Tbh spammers could be any level.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.

Insta account: @pokekidgt

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Tbh spammers could be any level.
    You're not wrong but, if it's higher level than 5-10 the spammer will just regret that he/she grinded until level 10+.
    Follow my IGN: IWantURNuts.GT
    Need a bfg service? Reply to the thread below
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...by-IWantURNuts

Well, somebody suggested that in the PAW Suggestion Thread and it was one of the ideas that I added in my list for PAW. Let us see if it will be approved. But most likely it will be.

For the love of mighty, no and NO. I don't understand why it always has to be an item. Add this as a bloody feature that anybody above a certain level can use instead of making trashy items. This has been suggested before as a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ToMoon View Post
    For the love of mighty, no and NO. I don't understand why it always has to be an item. Add this as a bloody feature that anybody above a certain level can use instead of making trashy items. This has been suggested before as a feature.
    Well I also believe an item would be better. Why? Well because if you implement this all across Growtopia, you will realize that it's nowhere else necessary but buy+ or sell+ trade worlds. Everywhere else it's just an annoying feature for newbies. Now talking about inactive buy+ worlds. Don't know a good solution to that since we can't expect moderators to place one in every single one of them.

But I'm pretty sure newbies would be confused if it was implemented all around game. Unless unless, they make that "tutorial banner" which teaches you how to splice stuff etc (you know what I mean). If players would click on chat icon they get a message that they need to reach level 10 before being able to chat. That would bring down any confusion and I just realized that might even be overall better solution.

It have to be an item because they are using hidden Cheat Engine which is running together Growtopia and they solve many problems. If is an item they will have nothing to do because if they will edit this item from game and try to chat, they will get auto banned because they disabled the jammer. Note for devs: And to avoid cheating, when you’re creating this item make a rule like that: if player is under level of jammer and he/she is speaking, he is auto banned. I may be wrong because I know a **** about how to program or make a game like Growtopia.
    Also this will prevent many beggars to ask for donations. Newbies won’t be confused because will be like Royale Locked worlds and a message will appear: “You’re not worthy to chat here”.
    I don’t know how buy they are always beating the system. So, that’s why had to be an item. I know a lot about hack and many things about programming and that’s why I suggested an item. For example at High School I work in C++ everyday. And I know many things about hacks. Anyway if Growtopians will use their brains to scam, they can ruin the game. Trust me I tried.

It have to be an item because they are using hidden Cheat Engine which is running together Growtopia and they solve many problems. If is an item they will have nothing to do because if they will edit this item from game and try to chat, they will get auto banned because they disabled the jammer. Note for devs: And to avoid cheating, when you’re creating this item make a rule like that: if player is under level of jammer and he/she is speaking, he is auto banned. I may be wrong because I know a **** about how to program or make a game like Growtopia.
    I don’t know how buy they are always beating the system. So, that’s why had to be an item. I know a lot about hack and many things about programming and that’s why I suggested an item. For example at High School I work in C++ everyday. And I know many things about hacks. Anyway if Growtopians will use their brains to scam, they can ruin the game. Trust me I tried.
    In reality, you're not stopping anyone from spamming as they could easily switch to a world without one or, in worst scenario, turn to messaging. World-chat isn't the only thing you should care about. Adding this as a feature, that is available to anyone (because players shouldn't pay anything and, most importantly, be responsible for the garbage system that we always had), that stops both world-chat and messaging spammers at the click of a menu would be far better.

...and mind answering me why I should be forced not to see lower-level player's chat just because someone decided to put a jammer in their world?

Nice not very friendly to real begginer players
    Think about it bro? Lvl- 1-5 Players can't do anything
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

Never Open This!!!

In reality, you're not stopping anyone from spamming as they could easily switch to a world without one or, in worst scenario, turn to messaging. World-chat isn't the only thing you should care about. Adding this as a feature, that is available to anyone (because players shouldn't pay anything and, most importantly, be responsible for the garbage system that we always had), that stops both world-chat and messaging spammers at the click of a menu would be far better.

...and mind answering me why I should be forced not to see lower-level player's chat just because someone decided to put a jammer in their world?
    They can’t go to a non jammed world because they need world as BUYMAGPLANT etc.. The spam with sending message is too hard to do. In all my life I saw just one player to spam with messages. And what a level 10 player can ask you? Donate pls? If you got a better idea than that let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    Nice not very friendly to real begginer players
    Think about it bro? Lvl- 1-5 Players can't do anything
    Level 1-5 is too low. Normal players are above 10 because they made anything. Spammers are using new accounts and don’t do something helpful or gaining xp.

And what a level 10 player can ask you? Donate pls? If you got a better idea than that let us know.
    To be honest, your absolutely pessimistic and hopeless view of the community makes me uncomfortable. If you're always gonna assume that every single player below level 10 is nothing more than a spam-bot or money hungry beggar, then I am afraid you're very much wrong and should change your view. I've met multiple genuine as well as caring people with the help of and without the "mentor and apprentice program". You didn't meet any of em because you rather not bother looking for em.

I know this game has more holes than the cheese in my fridge but I don't want a 2nd royal lock situation. Ideas like these must be used as features and not something easily given to regular players to abuse. It has to be fair and beneficial to both sides but currently it is restricting me from doing the most basic thing without my permission: communicating. No idea how I'll be able to find new players that require an apprentice or even demonstrate basic BUY worlds in the future. I am clearly suggesting to change it into a non-mandatory feature and not a regrettable item.

They can’t go to a non jammed world because they need world as BUYMAGPLANT etc.. The spam with sending message is too hard to do. In all my life I saw just one player to spam with messages.
    They don't require an extraordinary BUY-world for their awful intentions, there are plenty of non-trade purpose worlds where this is going on. Also, what makes you so sure that every single BUY-world in existence will have one of those nugatory jammers and that spam messaging is too difficult for them? did you try it before?

Quote Originally Posted by doip View Post
    fight fire with fire
    Wowowo so water vs water who wins?

- - - Updated - - -

They can’t go to a non jammed world because they need world as BUYMAGPLANT etc.. The spam with sending message is too hard to do. In all my life I saw just one player to spam with messages. And what a level 10 player can ask you? Donate pls? If you got a better idea than that let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

Level 1-5 is too low. Normal players are above 10 because they made anything. Spammers are using new accounts and don’t do something helpful or gaining xp.
    Okey so lets see if the most hated wolrd (buyc******) will respect what they say as
    "A new world with no spammers"

If they fix spammers then they should unmute yall know wich world im talking about right?
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    BUY+ : Sold buyfrozenstone (47dls)
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)

Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)

#WeWantLBranch

To be honest, your absolutely pessimistic and hopeless view of the community makes me uncomfortable. If you're always gonna assume that every single player below level 10 is nothing more than a spam-bot or money hungry beggar, then I am afraid you're very much wrong and should change your view. I've met multiple genuine as well as caring people with the help of and without the "mentor and apprentice program". You didn't meet any of em because you rather not bother looking for em.

I know this game has more holes than the cheese in my fridge but I don't want a 2nd royal lock situation. Ideas like these must be used as features and not something easily given to regular players to abuse. It has to be fair and beneficial to both sides but currently it is restricting me from doing the most basic thing without my permission: communicating. No idea how I'll be able to find new players that require an apprentice or even demonstrate basic BUY worlds in the future. I am clearly suggesting to change it into a non-mandatory feature and not a regrettable item.

They don't require an extraordinary BUY-world for their awful intentions, there are plenty of non-trade purpose worlds where this is going on. Also, what makes you so sure that every single BUY-world in existence will have one of those nugatory jammers and that spam messaging is too difficult for them? did you try it before?
    If they could spam with message they were practicing this because is lesser risky than spam in world and player who is spammed will 100% see. But is almost impossible because he have to do /who and message to all names so can’t do that. I saw this kind of spam in Tery’s live, but just one person got spammed, not a world.

If they could spam with message they were practicing this because is lesser risky than spam in world and player who is spammed will 100% see. But is almost impossible because he have to do /who and message to all names so can’t do that. I saw this kind of spam in Tery’s live, but just one person got spammed, not a world.
    I seriously doubt that was the case. You most likely saw a bot maker, using a multi-boxing program (nothing has been done to fix these although they are one of the roots of the problem!), specifically target an individual player. That's not a spam-bot designed to promote something, it's just someone who doesn't have anything better to do and seeks attention. Feel free to prove me wrong because I don't watch slippery creators.

Nothing is going to stop spam-bots from advancing further if required, neither will this "magic" item. It is only a shot-term solution to a long-running issue that not only doesn't completely fulfill it's purpose but also restricts various players, once again, without their permission. I will continue going against this suggestion as an item and my mind shan't be changed.

P.S.: don't avoid questions that you have no answers to.
    Last edited by ToMoon; 06-21-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Default **** idea.

And newbies will get discriminated. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Growtopia player Jasiek2r

Personally think that it would be feasible if not for the “discrimination” element.

This would make the game not very user friendly and it enforces the wrong idea of “you must be pro to be entitled to stuff, if you are “noob”, you cannot do many things”.

It would enforce wrong morals I guess?
    ~PurinKitty2

Learning.

Level 68
    Main worlds: TYXJ & 2CD8 & IDKU

sounds like a terrible idea