Thread: What made some of the gross out items so rare?

Default What made some of the gross out items so rare?

Random question, but I'm just wondering why some of the grossout items are so much rare than others. Like the giant eye head and eyes on stalks are pretty common, there are tons of sellers in buyghc and seeds, yet almost every other "rare" drop from grossout are virtually impossible to find. I've spent the last few days trying to find someone that sells the beast with a thousand eyes and pugly yet I have found 0. What caused these items to be so rare compared to the giant eye head? Even in the wiki it doesn't state how you get the items.

Also, if anyone who reads this has the Beast with a thousand eyes hat, pugly, extra undead arms or Bob the gross blob pls confirm with me they exist and I'm not searching for something that doesn't exist.
    hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

I forgot his name,but someone in Jamew7 video has Beast with a Thousand Eyes(just look at his clickbait cover). I THINK his name is handman or something like that.

Bagwa has Pugly.

Several people have Bob the Gross Slime. But idk anyone specically.
    Let's make posts that count!

Master Sorcerer

I'm pretty sure there's only 1 Beast with a Thousand Eyes, Extra Undead Arms and Pugly in game.

Imo, there are several factors.

1. Cooking is generally not popular among the players. It's time consuming, repetitive and 'boring'.

2. There's only been been one event. Splicing the gross mixers is cheaper(?) than buying from the store. The trees take 2 days to grow. For those who spliced trees, they only had a day to cook. The foods can only be consumed during the event to get prizes.

3. The event was somewhat complicated. There were different prize pools for each food and their upgraded versions.Players didn't understand how the cookable foods and upgraded foods were different. When I was selling a few of the prizes, I was asked many times about how the event worked.

4. Drop rates of the prizes were low. It took at least 200 of each food to get the rare prizes. Cooking them took a lot of time and energy. What's worse was the upgraded versions of the food which required disgusting messes. My friend and I worked together and decided to just make everything ourselves since it's way cheaper. Eventually, we were only able to cover 6 of the 8 foods.

Players didn't really enjoy Gross Out due to it being heavily focused on cooking. They just don't like to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarex View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's only 1 Beast with a Thousand Eyes, Extra Undead Arms and Pugly in game.

Imo, there are several factors.

1. Cooking is generally not popular among the players. It's time consuming, repetitive and 'boring'.

2. There's only been been one event. Splicing the gross mixers is cheaper(?) than buying from the store. The trees take 2 days to grow. For those who spliced trees, they only had a day to cook. The foods can only be consumed during the event to get prizes.

3. The event was somewhat complicated. There were different prize pools for each food and their upgraded versions.Players didn't understand how the cookable foods and upgraded foods were different. When I was selling a few of the prizes, I was asked many times about how the event worked.

4. Drop rates of the prizes were low. It took at least 200 of each food to get the rare prizes. Cooking them took a lot of time and energy. What's worse was the upgraded versions of the food which required disgusting messes. My friend and I worked together and decided to just make everything ourselves since it's way cheaper. Eventually, we were only able to cover 6 of the 8 foods.

Players didn't really enjoy Gross Out due to it being heavily focused on cooking. They just don't like to cook.
    I didn't actually do the cooking , but why are giant eye heads so common compared to everything else?

Also, did more research in the hunt to own one of these items and my products of research are

There are only 1 extra undead arms owned by deepserver, and he/she is selling them for arnd 20+ dls

As said above by malware,the only pugly I'm pretty sure is owned by bagwa, I've tried to find someone that sells/ has it but nope.

There's a forum post about beast with a thousand eyes and another is in jamew7s vid, so 2 exist.

I finally seen 1 Bob the gross blob at buyghc, it was going for 18dls.
    hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post
    I didn't actually do the cooking , but why are giant eye heads so common compared to everything else?

Also, did more research in the hunt to own one of these items and my products of research are

There are only 1 extra undead arms owned by deepserver, and he/she is selling them for arnd 20+ dls

As said above by malware,the only pugly I'm pretty sure is owned by bagwa, I've tried to find someone that sells/ has it but nope.

There's a forum post about beast with a thousand eyes and another is in jamew7s vid, so 2 exist.

I finally seen 1 Bob the gross blob at buyghc, it was going for 18dls.
    The forum post about Beast with thousand eyes was the one my friend and I got. We sold it during the event and I'm not sure who has it now. It could probably be the one we sold. But of course there's always a possibility someone got it too.

About the giant eye head, I'm assuming it's considered as the less rare items. Got one when I was playing around with the foods and got it on my second try. There's still a lot of experimenting to do but they're going to change the event.

Lesser Knight

Gross out is a bad event, Normal players didn't have enough knowledge to cook, it's super complicated and cost too much so they know that they will only waste their worldlocks and also Only pros with big budget can participate with it's low rate of getting Cool stuffs. I used 140 poopy pie that costs 4-5 wls each, sadly I only got blocks the rarest I got is 1 Brain Block ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Lol and I remember when it's released many bought Gross Mixers Packs and no one knows what to do with them. (Only some knows like 10+ players that u cook it in Homecook Oven) After 2 hours still no one did the cooking until they shutdown the servers for 1 hour so Many Growtopians will see Mods(idk if starkos or reg4shi) announcement in the forums that you need to cook to make foods and eat tons of it as it's stated.

Not enough time to get rare items
    IGN : AzurSniper
    Main world : moonfarmers1

Maybe because the chances are low?
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Gross-Out was a failure of an update where Ubi repeated every past mistakes possible. How it worked depended on mysterious points (just like Euphoria), players received junks most of the time (like Dragon Invasion's eggs), and the DC was yet another consumable spam (like Super Pineapple Party). Nothing discourages participants as bad as that.

As for why the recipes can't be found in the wiki, no one has had enough knowledge of the loot tables yet.
    In-game name: Zierfandler

Well first thing to take note is that the event only lasted for 3 days, meaning not a lot was ready and will prolly come back in god knows when.

The resources to make some of the gross out food is not easy for normal players to do, especially the strudel. But it only costs for a mere 2 wls now so meh. Nobody would dig that profit.

The items rewardeed by it its as what they say, rare and consuming like 10+ wls of gross out foods will either be sht or lit. Not even half of the items were produced in many numbers. Thats one main reason why

Well lastly is just, the restrictions of eating grossed out items after the event. Well itd be either a hype of flop in the next upcoming grossed out event but, the fact that players cant eat after the event is just, uh, yeah.

Since it only happened once, who knows. Im pretty sure people are preparing. Or not. Who knows.

This is my personal opinion and i didnt mind reading others opinions so forgive me if all of those above are already mentioned.
    My face every day

Why am I still here? I couldve done something productive like sleeping.

Shading Pack:

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite Lightning View Post
    Gross-Out was a failure of an update where Ubi repeated every past mistakes possible. How it worked depended on mysterious points (just like Euphoria), players received junks most of the time (like Dragon Invasion's eggs), and the DC was yet another consumable spam (like Super Pineapple Party). Nothing discourages participants as bad as that.

As for why the recipes can't be found in the wiki, no one has had enough knowledge of the loot tables yet.
    Isn't there a trial error and crap like that?
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

Never Open This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post
    Random question, but I'm just wondering why some of the grossout items are so much rare than others. Like the giant eye head and eyes on stalks are pretty common, there are tons of sellers in buyghc and seeds, yet almost every other "rare" drop from grossout are virtually impossible to find. I've spent the last few days trying to find someone that sells the beast with a thousand eyes and pugly yet I have found 0. What caused these items to be so rare compared to the giant eye head? Even in the wiki it doesn't state how you get the items.

Also, if anyone who reads this has the Beast with a thousand eyes hat, pugly, extra undead arms or Bob the gross blob pls confirm with me they exist and I'm not searching for something that doesn't exist.
    Hahain,y 3days if event and alot items got made. Whenits 3days in a month thunk like ethereal first dau : 1$p-2dls second day 20-50wls. Cuz not many went on gross out dnt wait yourself to have found the 9items the challenges gave
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    BUY+ : Sold buyfrozenstone (47dls)
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)

Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)

#WeWantLBranch

Perhaps do not pay much attention to the first wave of the Grossout event. Seeing how the community reacted towards this we decided to get feedback from the community thus the survey we had a few days ago plus we spoke to random players for their insights. Therefore, a lot of things will change in this event eventually once we figure out what the community wants to make this more fun and beneficial to the players.

Lesser Wizard

Default Question ?

I have a simple question about gross update, I know this is out of the topic.
    Is it only come in may or everymonth ?

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vmandz View Post
    I have a simple question about gross update, I know this is out of the topic.
    Is it only come in may or everymonth ?
    It was meant to come every month; however, it won't occur during a few months due to it currently getting reworked.
    In-game name: Zierfandler