Thread: More ways to ban spammers?

Question More ways to ban spammers?

A lot of BUY+ worlds still have tons of spammers - when the world is full, most likely there's 10-20 bots in there atleast. There's been only guy spamming in BUYGHOST for like 2-3 weeks now.

I mean, atleast spammers can't spam so hard that nobody can see anything, that's progress!

But it would be quite easy to detect a spam bot and duct-tape/ban it, I'm pretty sure the text is entered in exact times, and the owner of the bot can control like every x seconds the texts enters.

So it's pretty easy to detect the pattern, and let's say there's a system that detects if the bot is typing exactly every 2 seconds (example). Bot says is it like 20 times, if it's still typing every 2 seconds, I think it's safe to say it's a bot and the system should detect it. Or maybe if it's typing the same texts over and over again...

Servers are pretty rn, so I think getting rid of these spammers should be their primary concern.

Also what's the punishment mods usually give for a spam bot?
    Thinking about you.

Funny how mods chose to spy on you, instead of investigating some serious problem or banning spam bots which are literally everywhere.
    Everything depends whether you're hot or not.
    Currently quitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamroi View Post
    Funny how mods chose to spy on you, instead of investigating some serious problem or banning spam bots which are literally everywhere.
    lmao ok let's not talk about that here, i don't want the thread to close
    Thinking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    A lot of BUY+ worlds still have tons of spammers - when the world is full, most likely there's 10-20 bots in there atleast. There's been only guy spamming in BUYGHOST for like 2-3 weeks now.

I mean, atleast spammers can't spam so hard that nobody can see anything, that's progress!

But it would be quite easy to detect a spam bot and duct-tape/ban it, I'm pretty sure the text is entered in exact times, and the owner of the bot can control like every x seconds the texts enters.

So it's pretty easy to detect the pattern, and let's say there's a system that detects if the bot is typing exactly every 2 seconds (example). Bot says is it like 20 times, if it's still typing every 2 seconds, I think it's safe to say it's a bot and the system should detect it. Or maybe if it's typing the same texts over and over again...

Servers are pretty rn, so I think getting rid of these spammers should be their primary concern.

How about changing the whole spam detection completely, like if you say the same word for 5times. You would get spam detected, I'm not sure if spam bots can have 2 different text at the same time though.
    Everything depends whether you're hot or not.
    Currently quitted.

Exclamation

How about changing the whole spam detection completely, like if you say the same word for 5times. You would get spam detected, I'm not sure if spam bots can have 2 different text at the same time though.
    Well, spam bots don't say the same thing at once anymore.

I'll give you an example of a bot in BUYGHOST:

First text: ''sell gij 3/1 in _____''
    (wait 1.5 seconds)
    Second text: ''sell boss goo 15 WLS each in _____''
    (wait 1.5 seconds)
    Repeat

They usually have the bot programmed similar to that. So most of them don't actually say the same thing over again, they say multiple things. That's why a system that detects patterns like these could work the best.
    Thinking about you.

Banned

Just freaking detect typing speed!
    Spam bots type (typing as writing the characters before sending) the whole phrase in a fraction of a second!
    Use the power of the client! Yes, you should not only rely on the server!
    If the client sees a user typing his phrase too fast (before sending the message), then the user gets detected.

That's like the most effective solution, since spammers will have to type the phrase slowly which reduces spam rate.

What about those people who type fast by nature?
    No human can type as fast as a bot. Plus, there should be a formula that should say: maxSpeed = length * X
    A user would then be given "strikes". If he receives more than X strikes, he's given a captcha to solve.
    Even if he has solved the captcha, he will NOT be given a grace period, and the system will still spam detect him even after solving the captcha.

How about if using macro something application will get warned like using Cheat Engine and you will get warning and disconnect? I think it is impossible since Cheat Engine is different from macro thing.
    WOTD: 2 (in BESTBEACHINGT & ANUBIANCITY)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Goals:
    Get 5 WOTDs before 2020 (2/5)
    Get 1 VOTW before 2020 (0/1)

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 22 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    How about if using macro something application will get warned like using Cheat Engine and you will get warning and disconnect? I think it is impossible since Cheat Engine is different from macro thing.
    You can just change the application's name a voila.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    You can just change the application's name a voila.
    Yeah and thats why my suggestion is a lame boo
    WOTD: 2 (in BESTBEACHINGT & ANUBIANCITY)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Goals:
    Get 5 WOTDs before 2020 (2/5)
    Get 1 VOTW before 2020 (0/1)

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 22 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

Spam bots type (typing as writing the characters before sending) the whole phrase in a fraction of a second!
    If the client sees a user typing his phrase too fast (before sending the message), then the user gets detected.

That's like the most effective solution, since spammers will have to type the phrase slowly which reduces spam rate.

No human can type as fast as a bot. Plus, there should be a formula that should say: maxSpeed = length * X
    A user would then be given "strikes". If he receives more than X strikes, he's given a captcha to solve.
    Even if he has solved the captcha, he will NOT be given a grace period, and the system will still spam detect him even after solving the captcha.
    I mean true, most bots just automatically type the whole thing (like copy pasting) so in that case, I would see this work. Although I would be concerned about super fast typers like myself, although it's not copy pasting level.
    Thinking about you.

Banned

Perm-Ip ban

Banned

I mean true, most bots just automatically type the whole thing (like copy pasting) so in that case, I would see this work. Although I would be concerned about super fast typers like myself, although it's not copy pasting level.
    I mean... You can't type as fast as a bot

I mean... You can't type as fast as a bot
    1v1 me typeracer we'll see what happens
    Thinking about you.

And here you should stop, they can use a macro. Macro is used to spam in Growtopia because they don't get detected by system. They should focus on how to block macro first because this is affect the economy. And anywau if they stop macro they stop a part of spammers. Maybe they can buy a program from Easy-AntiCheat, they are doing a great job with many important games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IMPARATUL View Post
    And here you should stop, they can use a macro. Macro is used to spam in Growtopia because they don't get detected by system. They should focus on how to block macro first because this is affect the economy. And anywau if they stop macro they stop a part of spammers. Maybe they can buy a program from Easy-AntiCheat, they are doing a great job with many important games.
    Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense.
    Of course they use macros, and the solution I put stops 90% of spammers.

For the second part of your text, give them suggestions instead of telling them something they already know. You keep saying "they should do this and that", but you never said "they should do this that way and that like this". Developers benefit from actual solutions, not "letting them remember what they already know".

- - - Updated - - -

1v1 me typeracer we'll see what happens
    Heh. Nice joke.

Actually yes. Unfortunately, there is spammers that says different words each time and even change colors. So yeah it is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

There is bots that type slowly but automatically once again this is possible too.
    The only way to be able to catch spammers is by servers which will watch the typing rate/letters and then once it notices unusual activity automatically stop there ability to use chat. Once they keep trying to use chat although they can’t they will be cursed/auto-banned.
    Growid: AMyThicalX |Main world: AMyThicalX
    Road To Legendary Title.
    Youtuber and making a giveaway link: https://youtu.be/r4Q9lW1FszQ
    Never ever trust anyone to avoid getting scammed!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AMyThicalX View Post
    Actually yes. Unfortunately, there is spammers that says different words each time and even change colors. So yeah it is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

There is bots that type slowly but automatically once again this is possible too.
    The only way to be able to catch spammers is by servers which will watch the typing rate/letters and then once it notices unusual activity automatically stop there ability to use chat. Once they keep trying to use chat although they can’t they will be cursed/auto-banned.
    You've said it. They will have to spam slowly hence less spam.