Thread: Geiger Charger Scams

Default Geiger Charger Scams

Recently I got my brothers back into Growtopia, and I loaned both of them some World Locks so that they could profit. I recommended that they buy Geigers, since I own one and they’re a fantastic source of profit. I’ve had my Geiger for about a year and I’ve found quite a few crystals. Anyway, they both bought Geigers...

Since they had left the game for well over a year, a lot of new items have been added to the game. This includes the Geiger Charger item, which is also an item that I myself am not too familiar with. Both of my brothers ended up going to a Geiger-charging world, and there was a section that had a sign on it saying “free charging area.”

However, these Geiger Chargers were in a Builder Lock, and many of you can already see where I am going with this. So both of my brothers thought that they could simply place their Geigers in the charger and regenerate them. Unfortunately, once you put it in, only the world’s owner can take them out. So both of my brothers ended up getting their Geigers stolen, which is a shame. Now, I’ve told them that they need to be more careful, but I can’t look after them all the time. In fact, they aren’t the only ones that have found themselves in this scenario. In the same world, I saw plenty of other Geigers which I assume had all been stolen as well.

This is why I think a change needs to be proposed. It’s simply too easy for someone to accidentally place their Geiger in a charger owned by another player’s Builder Lock. It’s also a big hazard for new players, who aren’t sure how the system works.

I understand that every player is responsible for their own items getting lost or stolen, and I definitely do not expect or wish for my brothers to be compensated. It was their own fault for being careless, but it is an issue that I believe I should try and be an advocate for.

Thank you,
    Lewius
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Default Dragon speaking...

Feel sorry for his lost geiger, to be honest. I hope devs would fix this builder locks and make sure to unknowingly player avoid this scam.

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Finally someone mentioned about this
    Quote Originally Posted by xMera View Post
    You're just following your girlfriend on this.

if the charger's on a builder lock people shouldn't be able to put their chargers in. Simple as that.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism