Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Item Entrance

Default Item Entrance

An Item Entrance would be a good solution to stop those trollers when you are trying to buy an item. Have you ever broadcasted to buy an item and aren't sure who actually has the item you are buying? Say no more, this "Item Entrance" will put an end to those trollers.

This item would only let people walk through it if they have the selected item in their inventory. It's basically like a VIP door, but only the people with the item can walk through it.

It would look something like this.

Name:  rsz_1item_entrance.png
Views: 201
Size:  122.4 KB

Since this item may have the potential for people to "Single out" other players, Locks would not be able to be selected (Main currency). I don't think there are really any other ways this could be used for example if the owner only wants rich players to enter, the chances of all rich players having the selected item the owner has set is very unlikely.

This item would also be useful in trade worlds. Ill use the world "BUYGOLDEN" for example, if an Item Entrance with "Golden Block" selected is placed at the right side of the spawn, players who wanted to buy them would easily be able to tell who the sellers are.

Please leave your feedback below, and let me know if there's any cons that I didn't think of!

Thread finally got approved!

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    An Item Entrance would be a good solution to stop those trollers when you are trying to buy an item. Have you ever broadcasted to buy an item and aren't sure who actually has the item you are buying? Say no more, this "Item Entrance" will put an end to those trollers.

This item would only let people walk through it if they have the selected item in their inventory. It's basically like a VIP door, but only the people with the item can walk through it.

It would look something like this.

Name:  rsz_1item_entrance.png
Views: 201
Size:  122.4 KB

Since this item may have the potential for people to "Single out" other players, Locks would not be able to be selected (Main currency). I don't think there are really any other ways this could be used for example if the owner only wants rich players to enter, the chances of all rich players having the selected item the owner has set is very unlikely.

This item would also be useful in trade worlds. Ill use the world "BUYGOLDEN" for example, if an Item Entrance with "Golden Block" selected is placed at the right side of the spawn, players who wanted to buy them would easily be able to tell who the sellers are.

Please leave your feedback below, and let me know if there's any cons that I didn't think of!
    This has been in my mind in a long time and you finally make a thread. I like this!
    But the owner can only select item that he have in his backpack or it will be abuseable.
    Here's an example: He can just search bedrock and add bedrock in the entrance list.
    Ign/GrowID: Artlos
    Just be yourself don't try to be others
    And don't give up to reach your dream.

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtloS View Post
    This has been in my mind in a long time and you finally make a thread. I like this!
    Thanks for the feedback!

But the owner can only select item that he have in his backpack or it will be abuseable.
    Here's an example: He can just search bedrock and add bedrock in the entrance list.
    I don't think this would be abusable, because if the door is set to "bedrock" then it will just remain as a locked door, which doesn't cause any problems.

There will be limits to what item can be selected, for example no untradeables and unobtainable items.

Master Sorcerer

Interesting idea, +1.

Knight

House entrance is abusable.

Could be a useful way to keep spammers out of a world too.

This could be abused by scammers, like if a vending machine scammer wanted to verify if their customers had world locks they could scam.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    This could be abused by scammers, like if a vending machine scammer wanted to verify if their customers had world locks they could scam.
    Even if a scammer is able to tell if a player is rich by this, this item would not be the cause of players getting scammed by a vending machine.

Yes pls, the ? should be changed after changing item

Add the reverse item entrance pls
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?

+1 Interesting idea, but can be used for scams.

IGN: iCreator
    Level: 101
    YouTube Channel: iCreatorGT
    Discord: iCreator#8781
    Veteran Player since Growtopia Beta 2013
    I SEE YOU