Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Maladys are too hard i reckon

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer NemoFishie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    'Straya M8
    Posts
    554

    Default Maladys are too hard i reckon

    I consider myself a very good surg player, ive done probably around 1000 surgeries over all my accounts. The vile vials are like very hard. I just completed an antibiotic resistant fatty liver and i used more than 10 defibs (didnt count) and 22 antibiotics (did count). At one point the fever started climbing and then the players heart stopped. Then the patients heart stopped again. Then the patients heart stopped again. Then the patients heart stopped again. Finally after 4 defibs i could finally use an antibiotic to stop the climb when it was already at 109. And then the patient is about to wake up and i have to stitch up incisions and then get the temp down and defibrillate every 2 or 3 turns. My point is that for inexperienced players, or even experienced surgery players who have a max surg skill can easily mess these up. Now i know it takes 2 turns for a stopped heart to kill the patient, but i took that chance earlier and 1 skill fail = a loss then. Basically my point is that 1 skill fail at the wrong time (there is alot of wrong times during these hard surgeries, probably like 50% of the surgery) leads to a failure and i dont think thats fair. With tea my skill fails are like 3-5% usually and when using 20 antibiotics, 15 defibs and countless other tools you are bound to fail at a bad time during surgery. I reckon they shouldn’t be this easy to fail and should be based more around skill rather then luck. Right now if you have the skill required to do the surgery you Just have to hope that you are lucky enough to not fail one defibrillator or one stitch or one antibiotic.

    Ok I think i can leave it here, this concludes my rant. I think this is the place to post this as im pretty sure this was a recent update (i started playing like 1 day ago). I guess a solution to this would be to have either higher surgery skill (maybe max of like 250 or 500) to make skill fails lower or just take them out altogether for maladies.

    I get that these are not supposed to be easy but some of them shouldnt be as hard as they are.
    Time to put them on a scale from easiest to hardest. I would say it goes ecto bones (only done 1 of these i dont even remember it tbh so it cant have been that bad), lupus, moldy guts, brainworms and then fatty liver. I havent tried chaos infection as i would probably fail and lose a bunch of dls then.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer xKaizoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,920

    Default

    i feel like the whole paragraph can be summarized with a few pictures of you doing the surgery lol


    Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer NemoFishie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    'Straya M8
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    i feel like the whole paragraph can be summarized with a few pictures of you doing the surgery lol
    Actually a great idea, unfortunately i didnt take any and just left gt and came straight here so it wont be saved in the chat log or anything. Ill try to do this in the future if i ever need to make point like this again

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A Place Far Away
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NemoFishie View Post
    Was this a step by step process. I rather see pictures that a 30 sentence paragraph.
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

    Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

    Never Open This!!!


  5. #5
    Squire IChickJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Don't stalk me
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NemoFishie View Post
    I consider myself a very good surg player, ive done probably around 1000 surgeries over all my accounts. The vile vials are like very hard. I just completed an antibiotic resistant fatty liver and i used more than 10 defibs (didnt count) and 22 antibiotics (did count). At one point the fever started climbing and then the players heart stopped. Then the patients heart stopped again. Then the patients heart stopped again. Then the patients heart stopped again. Finally after 4 defibs i could finally use an antibiotic to stop the climb when it was already at 109. And then the patient is about to wake up and i have to stitch up incisions and then get the temp down and defibrillate every 2 or 3 turns. My point is that for inexperienced players, or even experienced surgery players who have a max surg skill can easily mess these up. Now i know it takes 2 turns for a stopped heart to kill the patient, but i took that chance earlier and 1 skill fail = a loss then. Basically my point is that 1 skill fail at the wrong time (there is alot of wrong times during these hard surgeries, probably like 50% of the surgery) leads to a failure and i dont think thats fair. With tea my skill fails are like 3-5% usually and when using 20 antibiotics, 15 defibs and countless other tools you are bound to fail at a bad time during surgery. I reckon they shouldn’t be this easy to fail and should be based more around skill rather then luck. Right now if you have the skill required to do the surgery you Just have to hope that you are lucky enough to not fail one defibrillator or one stitch or one antibiotic.

    Ok I think i can leave it here, this concludes my rant. I think this is the place to post this as im pretty sure this was a recent update (i started playing like 1 day ago). I guess a solution to this would be to have either higher surgery skill (maybe max of like 250 or 500) to make skill fails lower or just take them out altogether for maladies.

    I get that these are not supposed to be easy but some of them shouldnt be as hard as they are.
    Time to put them on a scale from easiest to hardest. I would say it goes ecto bones (only done 1 of these i dont even remember it tbh so it cant have been that bad), lupus, moldy guts, brainworms and then fatty liver. I havent tried chaos infection as i would probably fail and lose a bunch of dls then.
    And after all those that we have done to finish the malady we got 5 useless tools or 5 other useless block or a piece of clothing ( that we alrdy have like 10 of em ).

  6. #6
    Squire 7KP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In the toilet
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NemoFishie View Post
    I consider myself a very good surg player, ive done probably around 1000 surgeries over all my accounts. The vile vials are like very hard. I just completed an antibiotic resistant fatty liver and i used more than 10 defibs (didnt count) and 22 antibiotics (did count). At one point the fever started climbing and then the players heart stopped. Then the patients heart stopped again. Then the patients heart stopped again. Then the patients heart stopped again. Finally after 4 defibs i could finally use an antibiotic to stop the climb when it was already at 109. And then the patient is about to wake up and i have to stitch up incisions and then get the temp down and defibrillate every 2 or 3 turns. My point is that for inexperienced players, or even experienced surgery players who have a max surg skill can easily mess these up. Now i know it takes 2 turns for a stopped heart to kill the patient, but i took that chance earlier and 1 skill fail = a loss then. Basically my point is that 1 skill fail at the wrong time (there is alot of wrong times during these hard surgeries, probably like 50% of the surgery) leads to a failure and i dont think thats fair. With tea my skill fails are like 3-5% usually and when using 20 antibiotics, 15 defibs and countless other tools you are bound to fail at a bad time during surgery. I reckon they shouldn’t be this easy to fail and should be based more around skill rather then luck. Right now if you have the skill required to do the surgery you Just have to hope that you are lucky enough to not fail one defibrillator or one stitch or one antibiotic.

    Ok I think i can leave it here, this concludes my rant. I think this is the place to post this as im pretty sure this was a recent update (i started playing like 1 day ago). I guess a solution to this would be to have either higher surgery skill (maybe max of like 250 or 500) to make skill fails lower or just take them out altogether for maladies.

    I get that these are not supposed to be easy but some of them shouldnt be as hard as they are.
    Time to put them on a scale from easiest to hardest. I would say it goes ecto bones (only done 1 of these i dont even remember it tbh so it cant have been that bad), lupus, moldy guts, brainworms and then fatty liver. I havent tried chaos infection as i would probably fail and lose a bunch of dls then.
    Maybe antiseptic will help decrease chances of infections, etc? Not exactly sure cuz I'm not a very experienced surgeon.
    IGN: 7KP
    Subscribe to 7KP GT on YouTube and follow 7kpgt on Instagram!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQU...twx4f3yK2P0Clg


  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard CsnHacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7KP View Post
    Maybe antiseptic will help decrease chances of infections, etc? Not exactly sure cuz I'm not a very experienced surgeon.
    Antiseptic is to decrease usage of sponge beforehand. Also, what even is 'infections' in the context of growtopia surgery. Antibiotic resistance infection?

    Anyway, I hear what you're saying, but maybe it was supposed to be this hard and not supposed to be 10/10 passing with skill. Maybe it is so because before maladies, intermediate growtopia surgeons can pass any surgery even though there are skill fails. Thus the devs are giving us a challenge.
    I despise hyprocrites

    IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk


    My dream items

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Tell him, "Oink!" for me.
    CUTEEE

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Colmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    What a wall of text..
    I'm too lazy to read this
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    BUFF Seed of life.
    BUFF THE ANCESTRAL SEED OF LIFE!!

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...l-Seed-of-Life

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer NemoFishie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    'Straya M8
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colmar View Post
    What a wall of text..
    I'm too lazy to read this
    Fair. I was mad and basically wrote a block of text that said about how it to based more on luck and skill and then i described one exact example

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •