Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you still genuinely enjoy Growtopia?

Honestly, I do. Growtopia has changed a lot throughout the past 6 years, but to see myself still playing this game is a bit crazy lol. The community and people might have changed, but I still enjoy the updates and figuring out how things work. I love doing quests, farming, doing new things that I haven't before, and learning more.

I can totally understand how the game can get boring after YEARS of playing, but you know... you always find a reason to come back. I'm still here today, and so are you!

Basically, I'm more focused on character/person development than socialization, and getting that satisfaction from awards and competitions.
    Last edited by gesine; 06-24-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    Level: 57
    Playing since Aug. 2013 &
    joined forums Sept. 2014

Not anymore to be honest, I feel it missed its magical touch.

Discord:CoolZ#8735

"If you're eating chocolate, then chocolate is eating you."

I share the same complaints that many others have hammered in. The game's playerbase has overall just deteriorated in quality to the point of no return, with the overall lack of roleplay worlds and creativity in worldbuilding stemming from the lack of any tangible rewards for creating them.

Bring back growtokens and/or a new mechanic to incentivize player engagement in worlds, please!!!

However, there are certain niches of the game that I still enjoy. The keytar community does have a lot of its fair share of idiots, but it also is home to quite a lot of more (relatively) mature players. It's also just a fun pastime. (I'd recommend heading over to KEYTOPIA for a place to start learning songs if you're interested)
    Last edited by topazi; 06-25-2019 at 02:26 AM.
    The Expert (in apologies because I mess up a lot)
    Art Instagram

In my siggy.
    I quitted
    REEEEEE

No, all my friend are gone so it not fun anymore without friend
    Annie shot JFK
    Annie is evil
    don't be like Annie
    Be like Oswald

Feels like all forumers are the 0,5% Smart people of Growtopia..
    ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Ephus (GL)

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Default Dull

Mostly because most people have grown out of the game (Unlike me) really makes the community small. Also the fact that spambots are taking over which makes it possible for scammers to be more efficient. There are no parkour or game worlds because of the update where growtokens were made unobtainable by having an active world made game worlds almost completely useless. Right now theres nothing else to do than farm because its the only way to make profit steadily for the common player. Everything added by new updates are really locked behind walls because new things are expensive and not profitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by topazi View Post
    I share the same complaints that many others have hammered in. The game's playerbase has overall just deteriorated in quality to the point of no return, with the overall lack of roleplay worlds and creativity in worldbuilding as an incentive for gaining wealth making it so that the only reward associated with being wealthy lies in its bragging benefits.

Bring back growtokens and/or a new mechanic to incentivize player engagement in worlds, please!!!

However, there are certain niches of the game that I still enjoy. The keytar community does have a lot of its fair share of idiots, but it also is home to quite a lot of more (relatively) mature players. It's also just a fun pastime. (I'd recommend heading over to KEYTOPIA for a place to start learning songs if you're interested)
    Agreed. Growtokens motivated people to keep fun worlds running.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Maybe you missed being new. Because being poor again aint the one youre looking for, and thats for sure.
    no, i miss the thrill of getting 10, 20, 30 wls for the first time. being new was fun too however

world : VEXESGT
    got unbanned, growid : vexes

llc

Quote Originally Posted by Rush
    what to heck
    -Rush, April 21, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMehMeh View Post
    wat in moderation
    MrMehMeh, May 9, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by NutNut View Post
    Agreed. Growtokens motivated people to keep fun worlds running.
    But promoted greedy behaviour such as those slip n' slide worlds that sent everyone to 3 different worlds so that it affected all worlds' honours to rise so they increased their Growtoken amount to then sell the Growtoken items.

Everything that induced fun and creative activity have been jeopardized by avarice tendencies. BUY+ worlds, with their immense usefulness, have become a hub for greedy players to earn easy and quick world locks. RSP packs were nerfed for the reason of "players were earning wls too quickly and effortlessly by buying stock and reselling it more expensively", which literally defines how BUY+ worlds work now, but I'd say are worse due to the owners being anti-social.

The economy ruins the game, causes scamming, autofarmers, spambots, account trading, DL selling, etc. - all these illegal activities derived from the prominent focus on the economic aspect of Growtopia, which was not the original focus of Growtopia. The original foci were pushed to the side with the growing protuberant of the economy.

I feel sorry for Ubisoft, how do they incorporate fun in the game when it will only be relevant if it makes players wls? How do you lessen the interest of wealth? Reset the game? No, they can't - that would create a massive uproar, but the problems here will only grow because of how they cannot be monitored. Ubisoft and moderators cannot monitor external conversations about illegal activities. They can ban evident suspects, but they a lot slip under the rug because it requires time to confirm their illegal activities.
    ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ผ : PURPOSES ยฆ SELFDEPRIVED ยฆ FEARLISTENS ยฆ RIFT ยฆ PSYCHOVILLE ยฆ ROYALFESTIVAL
    31 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

I enjoy hanging out with friends
    Ign: Savagetopian.
    I'm doing Harvester service

Unban Bitelord Please

no, most of my friends are gone, only a couple left.
    ็œŸใฎๅนธ็ฆใ‚’้”ๆˆ.

Not anymore. I miss the old vibes I could feel.
    GrowID: ChickyBro
    Xbox Live/Ubisoft: RealChickyBro

Instagram: @realchickybro

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

No. My first friend who I met in START, built some stuff with, farmed with.. is gone. It's been 1k days since I met him.
    Visit the BLOCKCORP thread!

Visit in me PHOENIX234!

IGN : Bundestag
    Instagram : bundestag_gt

Not anymore. Events nowaday are gems blackhole, to ebjoy new content or item you need to pour tons of gems into store, guild, events, etc.
    Breaking a farmable has become main way to profit without loss and it is a bad thing. You are alone breaking farmable, get gems, waste a lot of times, then that gems is wasted on stupid item because of RNG
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    BUFF Seed of life.
    THEY BUFFED IT 2X

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by A10a View Post
    Be honest.

Personally, I don't enjoy it as much as I did before. It feels off - doesn't give me the same feeling it did a few months back.
    I haven't been able to enjoy myself in GT since my friends are all quitting... My friends are the reason I'm playing this game for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    No, I'm not enjoying it. Support is plain useless, mods are earning money from their position rather than doing their job. *cough* anulot and jenuine *cough*. Scammers everywhere, the community is toxic.
    jenulot, correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    Growtopia is not fun. The game has worthless players and is a cesspool for degeneracy. The gameplay is chaotic and no longer enjoyable.
    community's all over the place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gesine View Post
    Honestly, I do. Growtopia has changed a lot throughout the past 6 years, but to see myself still playing this game is a bit crazy lol. The community and people might have changed, but I still enjoy the updates and figuring out how things work. I love doing quests, farming, doing new things that I haven't before, and learning more.

I can totally understand how the game can get boring after YEARS of playing, but you know... you always find a reason to come back. I'm still here today, and so are you!

Basically, I'm more focused on character/person development than socialization, and getting that satisfaction from awards and competitions.
    it's great that you're still enjoying it though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by topazi View Post
    I share the same complaints that many others have hammered in. The game's playerbase has overall just deteriorated in quality to the point of no return, with the overall lack of roleplay worlds and creativity in worldbuilding stemming from the lack of any tangible rewards for creating them.

it really has gone bad, i agree. there's nothing more to it than buy worlds and farms. not many people are putting effort into their worlds anymore. growtokens had a pretty nice system - though extremely unbalanced (again, buy worlds) but was a lot easier for players to get into world building in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    But promoted greedy behaviour such as those slip n' slide worlds that sent everyone to 3 different worlds so that it affected all worlds' honours to rise so they increased their Growtoken amount to then sell the Growtoken items.
    this was one of the flaws in the previous system - there were more but i can't recall.
    IGN: [REDACTED]

driven by revenge.

The new growtopia only focused on rich players, old gt was better where seth and ham always made a feature that anyone can try and have fun with it..
    Share loves no hate

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrion View Post
    Honestly, no... I quitted the game a while ago because it became so boring... I have absolutely nothing to do...
    y e s. โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Worlds View Post
    The new growtopia only focused on rich players, old gt was better where seth and ham always made a feature that anyone can try and have fun with it..
    โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž *Ubisoft Exists*

โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž Growtopia DLCs "Only 49.99USD"

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    y e s. โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž

- - - Updated - - -

โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž *Ubisoft Exists*

โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž Growtopia DLCs "Only 49.99USD"
    got the wrong company - think that's ea
    IGN: [REDACTED]

driven by revenge.

I mist the days when I was playing (and chatting) with GTRB and some forumers here. Most of them are gone now tbh.

Nowadays kinda miss the old shops, I used to run a hotel in my previous account (banned now ).

Played with my brother, now he just plays that fuccing Fortnite.

I remember my classmates farming and I chatted with them. I farmed sugarcane and was very happy to farm ocean rocks. Started venus guytrap from 30 seeds and grew. Bought seed packs. Won 1 WOTD in another account (had lots of people come in that day, Jesspresso + Wither84 were a lot of help - we had lots of fun! - I think)

With GTRB I think we did things I wouldn't normally do. They were psychotic - in a good way(?).

Hosted a treasure hunt (34 WLs I think?). Joined BoxCLUB with RobbieMattz (forgot spelling, pronounced like that).

Now WOTD is worthless and everything is basically weird.
    Love ya'

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Furry View Post
    I'm rich, state uni is for the poor.