Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growtokens are hard to obtain and its affecting the playerbase.

Default Growtokens are hard to obtain and its affecting the playerbase.

Since the growtoken update (growtokens were made unobtainable by having a world that was often visited) players figured out that parkour and game worlds are completely useless.

In my opinion this has affected the playerbase alot. Casual players who want to have fun have seem to lost their interest to the game due to the fact that nothing fun is happening. The new updates have brought near nothing to the table because they are not worth doing. everything is behind worldlock walls where to have fun you need to have a decent amount of worldlocks. Also the new things are often not profitable what just makes them avoided by the more serious players.

If it was possible to gain a few growtokens from active worlds it would encourage alot of people to start making fun stuff again.

Also a minigame type update would be a good way to give players something to do.

This is just my opinion and view of the game. Feel free to leave your thoughts for me to think about.

Arrow Agreed.

+1, I highly agree with everything you said. I think everything you said could help bring back the magic Growtopia once had. It shouldn't be only about farming. It should also be about community, collaboration and a game even casual players can be excited to log on to.
    ~ Click this link below to find me anywhere in the vast Worldwide Web ~

The most serious players in the game are the ones who play for fun not profit

Change my mind

Also blame the community for the changes system, they abused it, everyone gets punished

I would like this to be added/un-removed from the game.

Sadly, as already stated, MANY people exploited the system to get growtokens.

Its just to hard to punish/ban all these players.

If only a new way could be added that couldn't be abused...
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by NutNut View Post
    Since the growtoken update (growtokens were made unobtainable by having a world that was often visited) players figured out that parkour and game worlds are completely useless.

In my opinion this has affected the playerbase alot. Casual players who want to have fun have seem to lost their interest to the game due to the fact that nothing fun is happening. The new updates have brought near nothing to the table because they are not worth doing. everything is behind worldlock walls where to have fun you need to have a decent amount of worldlocks. Also the new things are often not profitable what just makes them avoided by the more serious players.

If it was possible to gain a few growtokens from active worlds it would encourage alot of people to start making fun stuff again.

Also a minigame type update would be a good way to give players something to do.

This is just my opinion and view of the game. Feel free to leave your thoughts for me to think about.
    I don't think its such a good idea. Some items for Growtokens are MEANT to be hard to get. They added the system because back then there were less abusers. Now there are vend scams and they sb every single day. This would give them honors but if the Growtoken system were back it would also allow them to obtain a lot of Growtokens from abuse.

Default Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    I would like this to be added/un-removed from the game.

Sadly, as already stated, MANY people exploited the system to get growtokens.

Its just to hard to punish/ban all these players.

If only a new way could be added that couldn't be abused...
    Yes. As i said if there was a daily world bonus. Just like the others daily bonuses. That would involve you having players in your world for a certain amount of time. It would not have to be more than 1 growtoken. It would make a difference im sure.
    Stop doing the the things you are doing.
    Start doing the things you have never done.

Banned

U could just do role quests lmao

the best thing to do right now is to add more ways to get growtokens. Maybe make it so if you do 3 role quests you get a growtoken, no matter what day it is? anyways, the old system was extremely exploitable and was exploited. Maybe they could also add a daily bonus where if you do a role quest and the daily token quest you get an extra growtoken

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. As i said if there was a daily world bonus. Just like the others daily bonuses. That would involve you having players in your world for a certain amount of time. It would not have to be more than 1 growtoken. It would make a difference im sure.
    thats actually a pretty good idea. We have plenty of more space to add daily bonuses, they only go up to lvl 65
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    The most serious players in the game are the ones who play for fun not profit

Change my mind

Also blame the community for the changes system, they abused it, everyone gets punished
    Agree. Current players are still being dragged in by the game. But often when i ask them they reply that the game is boring due to lack of events and socialicing with other players. They claim that gaining profit keeps them somewhat interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    U could just do role quests lmao
    Yes they are a decent way of making Growtokens. But the problem here is the lack of fun things happening in the community.

Oh here I'll just copy and paste this...
    Legitimate methods in obtaining Growtokens

1. Do your first roleup quest found wrenching yourself then pressing Goals & Quest, then pressing View Role up
    2. Do daily quest found wrenching yourself then pressing Goals & Quest
    3. Complete Life goals found wrenching yourself then pressing Goals
    4. Do all daily bonuses found wrenching yourself then press daily bonuses
    5. Use telephone and type in 53785 and buy gtokens
    Now I can reassure you that there are many ways of obtaining growtokens and often times they aren't hard at all. However, they are boring. The roleup quest update with the addition of role quests are more like simple to do quests not too easy and not too hard. In the same time, the thing is that they lack activity. Every players (pros or noobs) simply find themselves some bait and start fishing and that's all there is too it. Nothing more nothing less, simple.

The thing whats boring about growtokens is that it's so simple to obtain that you just gotta keep up with the constant everyday quest completion and etc to obtain growtokens. If Ubisoft wants more players to play this game, they should really recommend obtaining several growtokens at once as a reward for players' playtime. People who reach high hours daily could get 1 or 2 growtokens. Also participation in monthly event should also get you 1 growtoken.
    Slightly above average in human intellect

Default Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ScammePlse View Post
    Oh here I'll just copy and paste this...

Now I can reassure you that there are many ways of obtaining growtokens and often times they aren't hard at all. However, they are boring. The roleup quest update with the addition of role quests are more like simple to do quests not too easy and not too hard. In the same time, the thing is that they lack activity. Every players (pros or noobs) simply find themselves some bait and start fishing and that's all there is too it. Nothing more nothing less, simple.

The thing whats boring about growtokens is that it's so simple to obtain that you just gotta keep up with the constant everyday quest completion and etc to obtain growtokens. If Ubisoft wants more players to play this game, they should really recommend obtaining several growtokens at once as a reward for players' playtime. People who reach high hours daily could get 1 or 2 growtokens. Also participation in monthly event should also get you 1 growtoken.
    I like how you think growtokens should be rewarded acording to playtime. I just dont know how that would work since people can just AFK.

I don't think they should change it again. This time the scam worlds are rendered useless

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    blame the community for the changes system, they abused it, everyone gets punished
    ^ agree
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

I am the memelord

End goal: Try out every part of gt

Do people who replied seriously just read the title only and didn’t bother reading the thread itself?

What OP is trying to say is that the Old Growtoken System was what encouraged so many players to keep playing and open up worlds like mini games, shops, giveaways and such... Right now you see none of that. There’s literally no point in opening such worlds anymore if all it does is waste the players’ time and effort.

I completely agree that something has to be done to re-encourage players to continue building and opening up their worlds actively again.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Do people who replied seriously just read the title only and didn’t bother reading the thread itself?

What OP is trying to say is that the Old Growtoken System was what encouraged so many players to keep playing and open up worlds like mini games, shops, giveaways and such... Right now you see none of that. There’s literally no point in opening such worlds anymore if all it does is waste the players’ time and effort.

I completely agree that something has to be done to re-encourage players to continue building and opening up their worlds actively again.
    Just a mini game world won't attract new players since they are never into playing something that's rewardless, hence why there's no point in building one. Shops? People still come and go, there are tons of broadcasts about lava shop, small lock shop, etc. Giveaways? Well most are just literal scams. Auto report and leave.

The current Growtoken system is not encouraging people to socialize with others, true, but the old one was very abused. If you guys could come up with a great suggestion about the system, I also doubt they will implement it. They never hear us and do whatever the hell they want instead (for big game-changing decisions, in this case, the Growtoken).
    GrowID: BuzzDay
    19 | Part-time guitarist, part-time engineering student.

Reach Role Level 10 (0/6)
    Get 10 WOTDs (0/10)

Quote Originally Posted by GRRM View Post
    Just a mini game world won't attract new players since they are never into playing something that's rewardless, hence why there's no point in building one. Shops? People still come and go, there are tons of broadcasts about lava shop, small lock shop, etc. Giveaways? Well most are just literal scams. Auto report and leave.

The current Growtoken system is not encouraging people to socialize with others, true, but the old one was very abused. If you guys could come up with a great suggestion about the system, I also doubt they will implement it. They never hear us and do whatever the hell they want instead (for big game-changing decisions, in this case, the Growtoken).
    Oh my god... This isn’t about bringing back the old Growtoken system! Also, how Long do you see a Toko world being active for? Exactly... Not to mention the amount of gems it takes to BC every 10 minutes is ridiculous because you a single BC wouldn’t bring you even 5 visitors. Also, not all minigames are rewardless. At least 90% of them has a prize at the end.

Like try reading the thread and understanding what the OP is trying to imply. Is that too hard to do?

I dont like the idea of worlds (with honors and ratings) to get growtokens...

but i agree we need some more ideas... there are currently 4 ways to get tokens daily and some are limited...

1 token: Daily quest: deliver certain items to phoneperson (normally fairly costly)

1 token: daily role: complete role quest; limited if people only focus on certain roles...

1 token: 3 life goals: complete and turn in 3 life goals in one go; limited to people with awesomeness 50-60 i forgot

2 token: complete all bonuses: very difficult since its limited to the people with the same limits as 3 life goals... but is a level higher... also some challanges are costly such as wolfworld or pet battle...

also getting 3 life goals consistantly is very difficult in higher levels...

so you can basically only get max 5 a day ON A GOOD DAY... most of the time you can only manage 1-2
    Ubisoft < UGTeam .

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...8&d=1511461367
    thanks for medal hammerjelly senpai

well... so do I... HOW DID I DO THIS?!

it's most likely a one in a hundred, maybe even a thousand chance
    of growtopia having a growtoken system that's TOTALLY not getting abused.
    GrowID: Entho
    Level 84,(since 12/2/15)
    Discord: Entho#5641
    Instagram: enthoplays
    YouTube: Entho

Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    yes please.... +1

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Default I wouldn't say they are hard to get, but just not fun to get

Oh how I do miss the days that spleef games were abundant, they were my favourite part of the game, even when I had no world locks, I could have fun playing spleef and even earn a world lock in the process.

Anyways, like people said there a bunch of ways to get growtokens
    role quests
    daily quests (25% chance to get double growtoken when you eat a growlectable)
    life goals
    2 from daily bonuses

these aren't very fun though and I forget to do these because of how tedious some of the quests are.

and the sales-man. While it may cost a lot to buy a from the sales-man, people have made lots of tokens from startopia and now that fatty liver vials exist I can cooking being an extremely easy way to get tokens as you can do multiple ovens at once to get multiple mac n cheese stars at once and probably make profit from a lucky fatty liver vial
    Professional thread killer

Old token system was 9999999999 more better than this. Maybe this is a reason of players who quited. In 2017 were around 60k players on anytime. And I was so satisfied when in my cheat apper you earned 3 Growtokens for people visiting your world. You need around 2100 Growtokens to get all items. If they will add more ex-mod items in paw we will really need a new system or old one.