Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Community Hub & What The Future Plans SHOULD be

Exclamation The Community Hub & What The Future Plans SHOULD be

I recently had a conversation with Tery about the community hub, what I saw Nekorei posting about it & why it's all just a bad idea. I'll also give an alternative, good idea.

Involving current content creators in the community hub, they are mostly just your average Growtopia creators, who don't have a lot of actual personality, just flashing their DLS and much else.
    Nothing much we can do about them now. They're there and I think removing them is out of the question. Giving them their own blocks wasn't the worst idea, but what they were supposed to do with them was a bad idea. Being forced to give them away only attracts fake fans who only care about the rare block, which they try to get by joining the giveaway. All the creators really gain is some extra views, which they don't even need, because they're all big creators anyway.

Now, I read some posts and Nekorei mentioned that she wants to put more smaller creators in the Community Hub. Support the smaller creators? Great. But you're not actually. Even if you add these smaller creators to the Community Hub and they get some new subscribers, those new subscribers are also fake fans who try to get that rare block. There might be a few new fans, but that doesn't really matter if the majority are just some people who don't care about you, just your personal item, which you have to give away.

Not 100% sure of everything I wrote about, so uhh don't bully me. Correct me about something if I'm wrong.

Now onto what they can do to fix this. Give the creators something they can keep for themselves, I'm sure this has been suggested before, but how about a different coloured name, a little verification badge next to their name? So their fans don't get scammed by fakes. I, myself have had trouble with this before. My fans have come to me tens of times complaining they got scammed by a fake ZStep. Not much I can do, maybe give them a few WLS, but that scammer still succeeded. I'm pretty sure every creator would be happy with something to seperate them from regular players, so people know you're the real one and their fans don't get scammed or anything.

And don't make creators in the Community hub give away stuff, that's just cruel to them.

Not here to try and get something for myself or anything, just think that it would be more fair towards creators.

(this could technically go to the Suggestions sub-forum, but the Community Hub is also an update )

Banned

I don't think that community influencers should have any ability to stand-out in game - whether it's a wearable item, a new color for their nickname, or other vanity changes. Community hub itself is a pretty "meh" idea, but I think that trying to add smaller creators there may not be such a terrible idea after all - as long as they're carefully picked, that is.

Besides, a fair share of these youtuber cupcakes have a history of illegal in-game activities; would you want to give them in-game benefits which they could use for malicious purposes?
    If it was up to me, this whole community hub thing wouldn't even have taken place - it's a̶w̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶e̶d a f***ing joke and doesn't really suit the type of community Growtopia has. Best course of actions would be not involving youtube creators with the game itself.

EDIT: Community hub members literally post videos that help players with autofarming, some creators don't even make their videos in english - I deem the community hub the most retarded thing I have heard of, ever.

This is the wrong way of communicating with your content creators, Ubisoft.
    Support Alex:

Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

i think this is actually good idea. If i would be c creator, i wouldn't want my own block. I don't like our current system, where all youtubers and instagramers ask followers with giveaways. Why they can't trust that we keep watching them, without giveaways? Or is it just that they get greedy and want more followers and subs? There is few who doesn't host share-tag-follow-sub-me-and-you-can-win-stuff and i actually honor them and watch them more than these who waste first at least 1min of my life in every video with some "how to join this give" clip. I hate it. And this block thing only makes it worse. My ig feed is full of shared pics and i get tagged million times per week in others giveaways. They could host giveaways without forcing people share ss about their gives, or forcing them follow or like or tag. But they wont. Why? idk. I hate it.

I want see what people actually do, i want see latest news and so on. I don't want see share this pic to win. So pls, do not add these rules in your giveaways people! We don't like it. And devs, think about some new thing after this next 3 months. Ik now it is too late to start demand that you do more and more for us. Ik you have enough work with paw and summer fest rn, but lets talk about this next few weeks and find what would be best solution. This name verify was very good idea, but if that can't do then something else. Idk what, i just want end this share and tag spam.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    I don't think that community influencers should have any ability to stand-out in game - whether it's a wearable item, a new color for their nickname, or other vanity changes. Community hub itself is a pretty "meh" idea, but I think that trying to add smaller creators there may not be such a terrible idea after all - as long as they're carefully picked, that is.

Besides, a fair share of these youtuber cupcakes have a history of illegal in-game activities; would you want to give them in-game benefits which they could use for malicious purposes?
    If it was up to me, this whole community hub thing wouldn't even have taken place - it's a̶w̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶e̶d a f***ing joke and doesn't really suit the type of community Growtopia has. Best course of actions would be not involving youtube creators with the game itself.

EDIT: Community hub members literally post videos that help players with autofarming, some creators don't even make their videos in english - I deem the community hub the most retarded thing I have heard of, ever.
    I don't think you understood me. Since there is a community hub and they are adding new and smaller creators, they will literally gain nothing other than publicity, from fake fans. Gaining such an audience will just make you depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    I don't think you understood me. Since there is a community hub and they are adding new and smaller creators, they will literally gain nothing other than publicity, from fake fans. Gaining such an audience will just make you depressed.
    Perhaps they could make the blocks become untradeable after they leave the creator’s possession? They could be solely a decorative block, and that would eliminate the “only here for profit” mindset of potential fans.
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

The concept of the community hub is to attract players from in-game to the content creators. Inherently, this will attract all sorts of people - mainly, those who are actually intrigued into these creators and those who only want to participate in giveaways. Sadly, that's how the majority of Growtopia YouTubers work too. They abhorrently bolster their subscriber accounts but shoving many giveaways into your faces, all to try and get you to subscribe, like and comment. None of the comments on any Growtopia YouTube video is anything constructive or are comments at all, rather they are just players entering giveaways. It's quite sad to see.

Phonecatss did Growtopia well back in the days. His content was short, but it was nonetheless effective at being content. He didn't have over the top dubstep intros with 3D lettering usernames jumping all over the place, he didn't entice his audience with giveaways, he just made Growtopia content. Simple commentary over Growtopia's updates and visiting WOTDs and sometimes talking to other people. There are other better YouTubers, like Wicker10 and Cocomonkey and many others, and they were all good at producing quality content and being decent human beings. They all left because life got in their way, or they wanted to move on from Growtopia, or they felt as if they weren't being supported. If they had been active nowadays, maybe this Community Hub would've helped them stay?

I don't believe the blocks were the way to go, because they do attract fake fans and cajole more giveaways. Additionally, there aren't many good content creators out there to choose from. None of their content has weight to them and most of them have their fame due to wealth and flexing. Status controls popularity.

Though, how does Ubisoft solve this? It's really down to what content creators there are. Many content creators do it for the money and attention, very few do it because they have a passion for it. If only we had better content creators who weren't plastic and had depth to them, and had quality content. These blocks don't really help content creators grow in a beneficial way, but if they had, like you say, a different coloured name, logo or anything to distinguish them as a content creator, it could help them feel impactful, or maybe give them their own item, like phonecatss, as an act of kindness and gratitude. I believe advertising them in-game is enough (if the community section, including friends list, guilds, etc. was updated to be more user-friendly and appealing), and that it is down to the content creators of being diligent and decent human beings.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

agreed, Techy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Perhaps they could make the blocks become untradeable after they leave the creator’s possession? They could be solely a decorative block, and that would eliminate the “only here for profit” mindset of potential fans.
    They can still flex with it and all that, but yeah, I think it would help. I think blocks arent what creators want, though.

thats a good idea. However, the left side of the name is already dominated by clan tags, role badges, pineapple stuff and legendary orbs. Perhaps a youtube icon on the right of their name, and when you wrench the youtuber, you can click a button to go to their channel? the youtubers should also be able to hide the badge too, in case they don't wanna get recognized as a youtuber by people who don't know them.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    None of the comments on any Growtopia YouTube video is anything constructive or are comments at all, rather they are just players entering giveaways. It's quite sad to see.
    Hey buddy, Ben and Songo aren't the only YouTubers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryjakii View Post
    Hey buddy, Ben and Songo aren't the only YouTubers out there.
    the legend himself. By the way are you gonna release the speedup song you did on the saber breaking video?
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

First things first. Tery opined that he didn't enjoy and appreciate the program. Tery's excuse for breaking his machine was pointless. He was disrespectful and nefarious

Terry made an egregious mistake while breaking the machine given to him. Youtubers appear eminent when sitting in the content creator hub, they don't deserve their position.

Counted you in, Youtubers can be really petulant when fans ask them to take a photo, which means they are disrespectful and they feel no debt of gratitude for their fans. Some of the Youtubers expend a great deal of energy making their Youtube videos, they are famous but still, they want to give their fans at least a minute to take a photo which means they deserve the seat they sit in, I have no absolute problem with it.

In the other hand, the team promulgated bad actions and moves. Most of the YouTubers don't deserve the community hub because they are trying to arrogate the Youtube Community into their earning place.

Youtubers show how capricious they are when a drama happens or they get involved in it. Ambition and cupidity were the sources of the most deplorable abuse in our Growtopia Youtube Community which caused bad things to happen. So this means, Neko is true in some case.

Growtopia Youtubers are deleterious and noxious to the community, giving them a verified tick or an untradable item would be harmful to the community.
    Also for the name No, the different colored name would be discrimination in the player base and it'd be harmful.

I always get shocked by the Youtubers effrontery to do giveaways after throwing hate to their haters and subscribers, viewers because of the hate they get. It's noxious and harmful in a bad way. Any action they take any time has a probability to make them ephemeral.

Greed is so destructive. It destroys everything

The Youtubers are already enjoying their hegemony over the players which is not appreciated by the community.
    Including many Youtubers, they are an iconoclast and they are acquisitively poisoning the community and leading a collapse in the Growtopia Youtube community.

I am pretty sure that you don't want to self-exposure your self, YouTubers are self-indulgent and they make videos not to make them enjoyable, they do it because of acquisitiveness.

No, they have exceeded the crucial point, it was their choice to make the giveaways, they must to continue it, for now.

While I do not consider Youtubers ingenuous, I do not mind giving everyone at least one chance to do good and change.

Instead of giving a mendacious reply, just be honest for once. Before you deprecate my reply, you should first review your own behavior to your subscribers and your fans.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    First things first. Tery opined that he didn't enjoy and appreciate the program. Tery's excuse for breaking his machine was pointless. He was disrespectful and nefarious

Terry made an egregious mistake while breaking the machine given to him. Youtubers appear eminent when sitting in the content creator hub, they don't deserve their position.
    So, not wanting to do forced giveaways makes me disrespectful and nefarious? Listen buddy, I didn't ask to be part of the creator event I just got thrown into it. Me deciding to leave was not disrespectful in any way. I also sent Neko a formal message explaining my decision and she did not seem to mind at all. Besides that averagely 60ish% of the players I see in game expect me to sign something or take a picture with them, occasionally I will do this but I simply do not have the time to do that all day.

''Youtubers appear eminent when sitting in the content creator hub, they don't deserve their position.'' Buddy, you go ahead and make FREE videos on a regular basis for four year which gain you next to no money. I dare you. As far as I'm concerned you are the disrespectful one over here.

- - - Updated - - -

So, not wanting to do forced giveaways makes me disrespectful and nefarious? Listen buddy, I didn't ask to be part of the creator event I just got thrown into it. Me deciding to leave was not disrespectful in any way. I also sent Neko a formal message explaining my decision and she did not seem to mind at all. Besides that averagely 60ish% of the players I see in game expect me to sign something or take a picture with them, occasionally I will do this but I simply do not have the time to do that all day.

''Youtubers appear eminent when sitting in the content creator hub, they don't deserve their position.'' Buddy, you go ahead and make FREE videos on a regular basis for four year which gain you next to no money. I dare you. As far as I'm concerned you are the disrespectful one over here.
    Okay, that last part makes it seem like I don't enjoy making videos. Purely because I enjoy it is why I do it, no hidden agenda, nothing.

Exclamation

Counted you in, Youtubers can be really petulant when fans ask them to take a photo, which means they are disrespectful and they feel no debt of gratitude for their fans. Some of the Youtubers expend a great deal of energy making their Youtube videos, they are famous but still, they want to give their fans at least a minute to take a photo which means they deserve the seat they sit in, I have no absolute problem with it.

In the other hand, the team promulgated bad actions and moves. Most of the YouTubers don't deserve the community hub because they are trying to arrogate the Youtube Community into their earning place.

Youtubers show how capricious they are when a drama happens or they get involved in it. Ambition and cupidity were the sources of the most deplorable abuse in our Growtopia Youtube Community which caused bad things to happen. So this means, Neko is true in some case.

Growtopia Youtubers are deleterious and noxious to the community, giving them a verified tick or an untradable item would be harmful to the community.
    Also for the name No, the different colored name would be discrimination in the player base and it'd be harmful.

I always get shocked by the Youtubers effrontery to do giveaways after throwing hate to their haters and subscribers, viewers because of the hate they get. It's noxious and harmful in a bad way. Any action they take any time has a probability to make them ephemeral.

Greed is so destructive. It destroys everything

The Youtubers are already enjoying their hegemony over the players which is not appreciated by the community.
    Including many Youtubers, they are an iconoclast and they are acquisitively poisoning the community and leading a collapse in the Growtopia Youtube community.

I am pretty sure that you don't want to self-exposure your self, YouTubers are self-indulgent and they make videos not to make them enjoyable, they do it because of acquisitiveness.

No, they have exceeded the crucial point, it was their choice to make the giveaways, they must to continue it, for now.

While I do not consider Youtubers ingenuous, I do not mind giving everyone at least one chance to do good and change.

Instead of giving a mendacious reply, just be honest for once. Before you deprecate my reply, you should first review your own behavior to your subscribers and your fans.
    Although I appreciate you giving your own opinion, it's all wrong. You don't know the YouTuber's perspective, so you wouldn't know.

What would you know about taking time out of your day just for the fans? You try being a YouTuber with anywhere over 30k subs, everywhere I go, I get asked to take pictures, sign boards and donate. Let's say about 200 people do that every single day. Let's say you dedicate about 30 seconds to each fan that approaches you. That's over almost 2 hours, daily. This is still a game, which you're supposed to have fun in, and having the same conversation with fans (''omg'' ''biggest fan'' ''sign board pls'' ''its my birthday can get 1wl'') over and over again, that's just not fun. You wouldn't know, though!

Now tell me, which part about getting a different coloured name or a verification badge is DISCRIMINATION towards other players??????????????????????????????????????????? ?? Verification tick would be HARMFUL for the community?????????? Ok buddy. I guess no verification badge for me. Let my fans get scammed by people pretending to be me. Okokokokok

Everything you said just doesn't make sense. JUST MY OPINION, THOUGH!

UwU

So, not wanting to do forced giveaways makes me disrespectful and nefarious? Listen, buddy, I didn't ask to be part of the creator event I just got thrown into it. I deciding to leave was not disrespectful in any way. I also sent Neko a formal message explaining my decision and she did not seem to mind at all. Besides that averagely 60% of the players I see in the game expect me to sign something or take a picture with them, occasionally I will do this but I simply do not have the time to do that all day.

''YouTubers appear eminent when sitting in the content creator hub, they don't deserve their position.'' Buddy, you go ahead and make free videos on a regular basis for four years which gain you next to no money. I dare you. As far as I'm concerned you are the disrespectful one over here.
    In the first place, you were asked. You were not thrown in. I am complaining about making giveaways to force the audience to subscribe, it's harmful.
    Time was given to make your block and put you in the creator hub. First, you joined, then you left and you left a song which was disrespectful in the ending of your video.

I can't just criticize and judge you in every way, but you are not interacting with the community. I believe Content Creators should interact with the community and listen to what they tell.

If the Youtuber is willing to become a content creator, there shouldn't be giveaways to make the audience a subscriber with an emotional force of just to give them a chance to win exclusive items in the game.

You've expressed yourself. I justify you, I am no position to make videos. You've been entertaining the community for long years but this doesn't mean that you or any others have to be eminent. I respect you, you took your time and great effort to make the videos but you were the one to give the choice to become a Youtuber or not.

I have respect against everyone, but your reply shows that you were reluctantly and knowingly thrown in and you didn't step down in the first place.

I am of the sentiment that you were disrespectful not just because of you stepping down but you were the one and only one which got their items restored due to being hacked which showed that you attracted the attention of the team and you were minded in a good way and you stepped down in a bad way which showed sign of superiority and being roughness.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    Although I appreciate you giving your own opinion, it's all wrong. You don't know the YouTuber's perspective, so you wouldn't know.

What would you know about taking time out of your day just for the fans? You try being a YouTuber with anywhere over 30k subs, everywhere I go, I get asked to take pictures, sign boards and donate. Let's say about 200 people do that every single day. Let's say you dedicate about 30 seconds to each fan that approaches you. That's over almost 2 hours, daily. This is still a game, which you're supposed to have fun in, and having the same conversation with fans (''omg'' ''biggest fan'' ''sign board pls'' ''its my birthday can get 1wl'') over and over again, that's just not fun. You wouldn't know, though!

Now tell me, which part about getting a different coloured name or a verification badge is DISCRIMINATION towards other players??????????????????????????????????????????? ?? Verification tick would be HARMFUL for the community?????????? Ok buddy. I guess no verification badge for me. Let my fans get scammed by people pretending to be me. Okokokokok

Everything you said just doesn't make sense. JUST MY OPINION, THOUGH!

UwU
    You, and tery used to be cool untill you started using your fans which you jumped to immediately when you got clout.
    C++ Programmer, and reverse engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Robloxdddsf0 View Post
    You, and tery used to be cool untill you started using your fans which you jumped to immediately when you got clout.
    Using? We don't force anyone to do anything.

Using? We don't force anyone to do anything.
    You make donation box videos.
    C++ Programmer, and reverse engineer

In the first place, you were asked. You were not thrown in. I am complaining about making giveaways to force the audience to subscribe, it's harmful.
    Time was given to make your block and put you in the creator hub. First, you joined, then you left and you left a song which was disrespectful in the ending of your video.

I can't just criticize and judge you in every way, but you are not interacting with the community. I believe Content Creators should interact with the community and listen to what they tell.

If the Youtuber is willing to become a content creator, there shouldn't be giveaways to make the audience a subscriber with an emotional force of just to give them a chance to win exclusive items in the game.

You've expressed yourself. I justify you, I am no position to make videos. You've been entertaining the community for long years but this doesn't mean that you or any others have to be eminent. I respect you, you took your time and great effort to make the videos but you were the one to give the choice to become a Youtuber or not.

I have respect against everyone, but your reply shows that you were reluctantly and knowingly thrown in and you didn't step down in the first place.

I am of the sentiment that you were disrespectful not just because of you stepping down but you were the one and only one which got their items restored due to being hacked which showed that you attracted the attention of the team and you were minded in a good way and you stepped down in a bad way which showed sign of superiority and being roughness.

You know Ubisoft makes the Community Hub creators give away the blocks right????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
    Thinking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robloxdddsf0 View Post
    You make donation box videos.
    True, so what is the point exactly?

donation box video is bad?
    That's the reasoning of a caveman.