Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why The Events Are For Pros Only?

Lesser Knight

Default Why The Events Are For Pros Only?

There Should Be New Events That U Dont Have To Spend Wls Or Dls Just To Win Or Smth.

Its Unfair For Players That Cannot Do Stuffs Like Joining The Daily Challange!

Just Look. Ubisoft want More Gt Players But! How Could They Get More Players If The Game Is Only For Pros.

There Is No Event In Gt That U Dont Have To Spend Any Wls To Have Fun.

All Players That Cannot Afford To Join Any Event Are Just Trying To Profit,Farming,Etc.. They Dont Care
    To New Events In Gt Becouse (ITS USELESS TO PARTICIPATE IF THE EVENT IS JUST FOR RICH PLAYERS)

Little Conversation ~~~~

[Poor Player] : /omg. New Event! I Will Join And Win!
    [Pro Player] : Win? I Will Spend A Hundred Dls To Win!.
    [Poor Player] : Um... It Took Me 1week To Get 30wls And Will Took Me Years To Get That [#Instant Delete]

Im Just saying That Everything Being Focused On Pro's/Spammers/Scammers...
    How About New Players?

1 More Thing! Just Imagine If U Are A The New Player. Would U Like To Be Treated As Nothing.

EDIT : To Players That Reacted
    Im Not Speaking For My Self Im Doing This So There Should Be Atleast a Little Attention For New Players.

I Just Want To Say Growtopia Is For Everyone Not Only For Rich Players And Famous Players
    Last edited by RidingPoop; 06-27-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RidingPoop View Post
    There Should Be New Events That U Dont Have To Spend Wls Or Dls Just To Win Or Smth.

Just Look. Ubisoft want More Gt Players But! How Could They Get More Players If The Game Is Only For Pros.

All Players That Cannot Afford To Join Any Event Are Just Trying To Profit,Farming,Etc.. They Dont Care
    To New Events In Gt Becouse (ITS USELESS TO PARTICIPATE IF THE EVENT IS JUST FOR RICH PLAYERS)

Little Conversation ~~~~

[Poor Player] : Um... It Took Me 1week To Get 30wls And Will Took Me Years To Get That [#Instant Delete]

How About New Players?

1 More Thing! Just Imagine If U Are A The New Player. Would U Like To Be Treated As Nothing.
    About what events are you talking?

This thread couldn't be more right. The last few weeks i've seen way too many complaints about the purpose of this game. Back in 2013 people were barely interested in getting rich. Everyone just enjoyed the game making friends, hosting games and having fun. Now it's all about getting richer and richer. Which is probably also the reason this game has become so toxic.

As a new player, you're going to delete this game immediately. You added LIMITED EDITION items? That was probably one of the biggest mistakes. It's now only a matter of time before the economy goes crazy because of this. How many Phoenix Wings are there now, after people quit, made legendary wings, got banned or trashed their wings (yes, people did that because they thought there would be a rollback, which didn't happen.) And there are only going to get less and less, until there are only so few left that they're the rarest item in the game. Unachievable for players.

The updates are getting worse and worse. I used to get excited every time there was an update coming. Now i'm just disappointed at the creators for even thinking these updates were a good idea. Take for example last update. These surgery blocks are the most boring and crappiest block designs i've ever seen. What are they even supposed to be? They're just white blocks with 2 grey spots on them. That's just a start. Way too many items are just redesigns. Not even changing the shape of the item, just recoloring them.

Every event is only focusing on getting richer and richer. Pineapple week 2015 was a fun event. Everyone just pineappling each other. No harm.
    Then we move on to Pineapple week 2017. Oh ok, super pineapples. That seems a bit expensive for a lot of people. Still, not too much of a problem. We can enjoy the event while it's here. BOOM! Pineapple week 2019, We got dangerous pineapples! They're expensive to get for new players, and even more expensive to use. And guess what, all the new items are only based on dangerous pineapples.

Special thanks to Royal Locks, Vending Machines, Billboards, spammers, updates in general and way more stuff for trashing this game into oblivion. I highly recommend an update that brings all the communication and fun back. Maybe stop releasing new items, and focus on fixing bugs and this community.
    Support Alex:

Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    This thread couldn't be more right. The last few weeks i've seen way too many complaints about the purpose of this game. Back in 2013 people were barely interested in getting rich. Everyone just enjoyed the game making friends, hosting games and having fun. Now it's all about getting richer and richer. Which is probably also the reason this game has become so toxic.

As a new player, you're going to delete this game immediately. You added LIMITED EDITION items? That was probably one of the biggest mistakes. It's now only a matter of time before the economy goes crazy because of this. How many Phoenix Wings are there now, after people quit, made legendary wings, got banned or trashed their wings (yes, people did that because they thought there would be a rollback, which didn't happen.) And there are only going to get less and less, until there are only so few left that they're the rarest item in the game. Unachievable for players.

The updates are getting worse and worse. I used to get excited every time there was an update coming. Now i'm just disappointed at the creators for even thinking these updates were a good idea. Take for example last update. These surgery blocks are the most boring and crappiest block designs i've ever seen. What are they even supposed to be? They're just white blocks with 2 grey spots on them. That's just a start. Way too many items are just redesigns. Not even changing the shape of the item, just recoloring them.

Every event is only focusing on getting richer and richer. Pineapple week 2015 was a fun event. Everyone just pineappling each other. No harm.
    Then we move on to Pineapple week 2017. Oh ok, super pineapples. That seems a bit expensive for a lot of people. Still, not too much of a problem. We can enjoy the event while it's here. BOOM! Pineapple week 2019, We got dangerous pineapples! They're expensive to get for new players, and even more expensive to use. And guess what, all the new items are only based on dangerous pineapples.

Special thanks to Royal Locks, Vending Machines, Billboards, spammers, updates in general and way more stuff for trashing this game into oblivion. I highly recommend an update that brings all the communication and fun back. Maybe stop releasing new items, and focus on fixing bugs and this community.
    First of all, Ubisoft didn't make first limited items, so it's not their fault.

Then, moving to the Pineapple week, nothing changed, you still can do normal pineapples like you did it all the time, nothing was deleted. Super pineapple is optional, do same thing as normal pineapple, the only difference is, you can get 2 items instead of 1 from feeding pine body person with it. Dangerous yes, less fun, but that make all items you got from it unique, as you put a bit more work into it.

Also, if you can get any item without any afford, game become very boring, you quit it when you played with items you like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    First of all, Ubisoft didn't make first limited items, so it's not their fault.

Then, moving to the Pineapple week, nothing changed, you still can do normal pineapples like you did it all the time, nothing was deleted. Super pineapple is optional, do same thing as normal pineapple, the only difference is, you can get 2 items instead of 1 from feeding pine body person with it. Dangerous yes, less fun, but that make all items you got from it unique, as you put a bit more work into it.

Also, if you can get any item without any afford, game become very boring, you quit it when you played with items you like enough.
    Nowhere in my post did i say it was all Ubisoft's fault. But thanks for sharing with everyone how you think about it.

Like i also said in my post, the game shouldn't be about getting rich, it should be about having fun and communicating. Have fun playing with old items while rich players have fun exploring the new items. yay!

And where in my post did i say all items should be cheap? nowhere!

Please next time try to read my post before complaining about it.
    Support Alex:

Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

Nowhere in my post did i say it was all Ubisoft's fault. But thanks for sharing with everyone how you think about it.

Like i also said in my post, the game shouldn't be about getting rich, it should be about having fun and communicating. Have fun playing with old items while rich players have fun exploring the new items. yay!

Honestly, it depends if you want to concentrate on being rich, or if you want to have fun. Enjoy the update, what if you care more about wls? Who cares just do your thing, don't come back saying the update is bland, because clearly you're not enjoying it properly

EDIT: You see, they made special challenges for rich players (Angel of Mercy's Wings) , and if you can't do those, you can still do the cheap ones , if an update recently comes out, the demand may be high and that may be the reason of their "expensive" prices, but overtime (if it's a permanent update) you can slowly see those items dropping and then the other not-so-rich players can participate. No one's forcing a player to play the update the second it gets released
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

What makes this community even more toxic, is sadly people, who complain about everything. Think how nice is to be mod or dev in this game rn? You work your ass off every day, you try make nice things to people and after you do, there will always be people who just complain and complain. They must hate their life. Not mean you, i mean mods and devs. What ever they do, it's always wrong. If you think it is fun and easy to please people, go and try it your self. I hate how people complain about stuff like this. You actually said, their surg world blocks are crap, like whaaaaaat?! They gave us totally new design world and you come here and tell that it was total crap.

Instead of complaining, could you try find some positive feedback? Do you really think that devs caused this "all want just get more rich" thing? No. Players caused it, them self and if you are old player, you must be one who i can blame, because after all, everything was like it is now, when i started play gt. And yes, i was noob too and yes, reason why i continued, was cause i wanted get items and do other stuff than just farm dirt or grass. If this would be just hang out with people and do nothing-game, i would quit and i bet all old players would have quit too, long time ago.

So this your opinion is totally just yours. Most of us doesn't think same. We love new updates, we enjoy when we get some new world design even when it is of course noob design, cause all need be rarity 1. I love how new surg blocks are totally different than old ones. So pls, do not just complain, pls give even some nice feedback too. and if you have nothing nice to say, just quit, because then i can tell that you don't enjoy this at all anymore and then it is time to move on and forget this game.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

To answer the title's question, I'll keep it breif.

If the new events didn't cost alot it would be abused by a bunch of accounts(alts).
    Think of it. In the old pineapple event, all you would need to do is spend 3 wls to make a maxed pineapple body.
    Do this with a bunch of alts.
    Now take turn pineappling each other.
    This will give the owner of these alts massive profit dued to selling the new rare items, being unfair to others.

In conclusion, updates/ events try to avoid things that can be spammed by alts, of course, making events cost alot to do isn't the answer either. Basically:
    Noob friend event=Abused by alts
    Expensive event=Noobs can't do it

A new way to balance this must be made. Sadly, I have no solution to this, maybe make a more "skill based" event that can't be spammed done with alts? Something that requires you do do actions(?)

(Reply to this part above if you don't understand, I'm trying to keep the example short)

In addition, a smaller, but still important reason is this: In the past, COMPLETELY new events and activities were introduced.

Lets use Pineapple Party as the example again.

In the OLD days, Pineapple Party didn't exist. It was made. Each year, it was ONLY EXPANDED ON, not a completely new event. When things are expanded, they most likely get more advanced and in depth. Kinda like refining it.

Think of it like making a game world. Its easy at first. But then, as you upgrade it, the cost to add new features (by adding new blocks, like replacing lava in spleef with a cooler fire type block). It will cost more, but will refine the world too.

Although, I do agree with one thing ZeoFire said about the event. Not cool adding only new items for Dangerous Pineapples. They still should have added new items to be obtainable from normal and super pineapples.
    Hopefully developers understand this and never make a update only adding new items to a decently expensive other action you need to do to obtain these new items.
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion

As for you...

No, you didn't say it was Ubisoft's fault. But it was implied. Just like how he didn't say items should be expensive(in the post you were commenting on), he only said the items you get should have effort put in them. It was only IMPLIED the items would be more expensive. As well as IMPLIED that its Ubisoft's fault because they are continuing to add limited items and not added more phoenix wings.

Also, you said "Way to many of these items are redesigns." I must disagree. Yes, SOME items are different clred versions of other items, like Glowy Cape or Digital Dirt, but that should get you mad. Those items are only for people who want those items. Thats all. There are still plenty of original items.

I also do agree, if the team were work on bug fixed and other stuff for a while month, that game would definitely be more stable.
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

The g-Virus Pandemic immediately comes to mind. Also Carnival. Some annual events like St. Patrick's Week and Halloween can also be pretty noob-friendly too.

Take for example last update. These surgery blocks are the most boring and crappiest block designs I've ever seen. What are they even supposed to be? They're just white blocks with 2 grey spots on them. That's just a start. Way too many items are just redesigns. Not even changing the shape of the item, just recoloring them.
    The simplistic design of Surgical Block make them look good though. Surgical Waste, on the other hand.... Was it impossible for them to spend a bit more time making three more tiles for horizontal placement?!
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

Lesser Wizard

Nowhere in my post did i say it was all Ubisoft's fault
    Then about whom is this sentence?

You added LIMITED EDITION items? That was probably one of the biggest mistakes.
    You said YOU, that mean, you talking either about Seth and Hamumu, and this is useless since they already not developers
    OR about Ubisoft, so don't say you didn't mention them.

Have fun playing with old items while rich players have fun exploring the new items. yay!

Neither i said anything about cheap/costly items, i just said about motivation. Without it, no one will do anything, like, someone don't like Ninja mask, so why this person must make it? He just leave it and move to other items.

And yes, in 2014 you didn't just get items out of the air, you worked hard aswell, and no one was complaining.
    Everything was almost same, rich people discover items, and others then choose, work for it or not.
    Yes, there more pricy items, yes, you need to work harder for them, and yes, you need time to get it, but having time make you consider any option to find optimal one for your goal.

So later when you will insult someones post, better read your post once more.

i mean i don't mind if the events are for pros only
    真の幸福を達成.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    Then about whom is this sentence?

You said YOU, that mean, you talking either about Seth and Hamumu, and this is useless since they already not developers
    OR about Ubisoft, so don't say you didn't mention them.

I think he made it pretty obvious that he doesn't solely blame Ubisoft for everything happening. He's explaining how both Ubisoft and the previous devs made some risky choices that only benefited a small percentage of the players. It was unfair and that's exactly what he's trying to tell everyone. You took what he said wrongly. At least that's what I believe; if I'm wrong, ZeoFire, please correct me.
    IGN: Contagion

Well, there will be upcoming events and features this year that will most likely be more skill-based, so those are for pros in different context. There will be more improvements along the way for sure.

harvest fest,winterfest etc is not for pro only
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate

New Ez Profit MethodVideo Below

Lesser Knight

Little Conversation ~~~~

How About New Players?

St.Patrick Event: AM I A JOKE TO YOU?

yes i agree, but everyone has been a nub before. newbies should use the mentorship program to learn from more experienced players on how to earn wls.
    blarney is a event that does not need wls to participate.
    and you can win that blarney daily challenge to win a luckypendant/ challenge crown to get wls
    A

i try teach noobs in game all the time, i actually waste too much time for that and reality is, they know how to earn wls but they don't want earn, they want donates. When people comes ask donates, i say, go farm, if they are like i don't have farmables, then i say, go in empty world, break dirt and rocks, get 3 seeds of each and splice them to grass. Then just farm grass 1h and you will get 200 new seeds, go sell them and get wl. And if can't find buyer, then i can buy, just for support you. And what they say for me? they say i'm selfish greedy pro, who doesn't help noobs. And for some reason, i still continue wasting my time for them.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

Events aren’t for “pro” players. Any player can contribute with an amount of wls/dls. If someone spent more dls then other this mean he wanted to join more in the event. A “noob” player can join in all events, but he will spend lesser dls. And by the way a “pro” wasn’t pro since he started to play. You need to be smart to be “pro”. Pro means professional player not rich player. Those “pros” are spending like 2% of their budget in events, just saying. You can do too. The one mistake in events are limited edition items which are untrades. Of course Legendary Branch.

idk man,just stop being broke
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna