Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: Growtopia Is Slowly Dying [Events, Revamps, Addition of Blocks and Items are useless]

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    450

    Default Growtopia Is Slowly Dying [Events, Revamps, Addition of Blocks and Items are useless]

    System/Management
    The game must apply some changes in order to break the outrage since the Magplants and Rayman official release.

    Few points to mention, we the community and also the Ubisoft team should come up with a better plan/idea in order to break this chaos.
    Instead adding new events, revamping old packs, or adding new blocks and items. We should come up first on how to divert everyone including me doing profit or business.

    We consider Growtokens as a diversion during the year 2013 up to 2016. Players tend to build parkours, pixel art, minigames, and song composition for the public. But we know it's exploited and unfortunately I started to lose hope for mankind.

    As long as we cannot suggest on how to attract them again into building and creating amazing contents thru their world, we should stop suggesting creating more events and revamping these packs.

    Every single Growtopian is into profitting, unless they are an oldie or a forumer who just go visit random worlds.

    Now, imagine the gems they hoard for each pack and to be specific the Summer packs. Imagine how it caused deflation for each pack not only the summer packs but for every event that will occur. What's the use of hyping us on Harvest Fest when we know the farmables are going to drop also? The economy is no longer stable at this point, someone should stop this before it's too late.

    Maybe you are wondering what's my point doing this? Maybe you are trying to think that dropping prices are good since Newbies can afford them.

    To sort that out, it will break the economy even more and this will be the end game for Growtopia. Imagine all players just selling it for 200/1 each of the item because the supplies are completely up but the demand are low because all of them are holding it, what a waste right?


    Why adding events, revamps, and adding items are useless?


    It's totally useless, new events are too expensive when introduced Profitters and Price Manipulators tend to raise the prices so they can obtain the new item and sell it for a high price. Later on, the price will drop because they are losing interest using it because it's not that exciting. Once again, the event will die and the Developers need to come up again with a new event, resulting more addition of blocks, wallpapers, and items. But half of the introduced blocks are still not on play and it's not decreasing. But instead, it's rising in a crazier amount.

    Vice versa for the limited item and such, I do no longer want to maximize what i'm trying to say but all I want to advice everyone is we should do something alternative about those Growtokens. Or atleast, we should come up with a new system or way to attract them showing their creativity for a long period of time and not only for a short time.

    Parkours are dead, pixel art, and song worlds. You'll see them rarely building above mentioned creativity but people doesn't have interest to try or visit it.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Noodle905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    System/Management
    The game must apply some changes in order to break the outrage since the Magplants and Rayman official release.

    Few points to mention, we the community and also the Ubisoft team should come up with a better plan/idea in order to break this chaos.
    Instead adding new events, revamping old packs, or adding new blocks and items. We should come up first on how to divert everyone including me doing profit or business.

    We consider Growtokens as a diversion during the year 2013 up to 2016. Players tend to build parkours, pixel art, minigames, and song composition for the public. But we know it's exploited and unfortunately I started to lose hope for mankind.

    As long as we cannot suggest on how to attract them again into building and creating amazing contents thru their world, we should stop suggesting creating more events and revamping these packs.

    Every single Growtopian is into profitting, unless they are an oldie or a forumer who just go visit random worlds.

    Now, imagine the gems they hoard for each pack and to be specific the Summer packs. Imagine how it caused deflation for each pack not only the summer packs but for every event that will occur. What's the use of hyping us on Harvest Fest when we know the farmables are going to drop also? The economy is no longer stable at this point, someone should stop this before it's too late.

    Maybe you are wondering what's my point doing this? Maybe you are trying to think that dropping prices are good since Newbies can afford them.

    To sort that out, it will break the economy even more and this will be the end game for Growtopia. Imagine all players just selling it for 200/1 each of the item because the supplies are completely up but the demand are low because all of them are holding it, what a waste right?


    Why adding events, revamps, and adding items are useless?


    It's totally useless, new events are too expensive when introduced Profitters and Price Manipulators tend to raise the prices so they can obtain the new item and sell it for a high price. Later on, the price will drop because they are losing interest using it because it's not that exciting. Once again, the event will die and the Developers need to come up again with a new event, resulting more addition of blocks, wallpapers, and items. But half of the introduced blocks are still not on play and it's not decreasing. But instead, it's rising in a crazier amount.

    Vice versa for the limited item and such, I do no longer want to maximize what i'm trying to say but all I want to advice everyone is we should do something alternative about those Growtokens. Or atleast, we should come up with a new system or way to attract them showing their creativity for a long period of time and not only for a short time.

    Parkours are dead, pixel art, and song worlds. You'll see them rarely building above mentioned creativity but people doesn't have interest to try or visit it.
    People have been saying this since when i started back in 2014 and low and behold the game is still here. Everyone enjoys playing in their own way, and as long as there is a community (quite a large one in fact) the game is not dying.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

    Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

    https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    People have been saying this since when i started back in 2014 and low and behold the game is still here. Everyone enjoys playing in their own way, and as long as there is a community (quite a large one in fact) the game is not dying.
    Yes but I think it's dying, therefore it is dying!
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    People have been saying this since when i started back in 2014 and low and behold the game is still here. Everyone enjoys playing in their own way, and as long as there is a community (quite a large one in fact) the game is not dying.
    It's on a different state now, and yes I know what you are trying to say. I was here since the Second month of 2013.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Aneeqz51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    People have been saying this since when i started back in 2014 and low and behold the game is still here. Everyone enjoys playing in their own way, and as long as there is a community (quite a large one in fact) the game is not dying.
    Wow this game has being dying since 2014 while also growing at the same time
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

    Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    those revamps and updates is what keeps the game alive lmfaooo

    also funny how you mentioned almost everyone focus on profitting and you want them to fix the economy yet saying there's no one interested in building,like do you want builders or people who waste their time making profits?
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Aeios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    158

    Default

    It is probably not dying. Not all people wants to Profit, some of them just enjoying the game and chitchatting on their friends. It is a Social game though.

    About the Events, Revamps, and etc. Aren't useless thus, it keeps the game alive. How can you say it is useless when some players uses it. Well in my opinion, you can say useless cause you are just focusing on profiting. For me, updates aren't useless at all and they keep the game alive where some of the people are glad on every updates.
    Growtopia, I Love You 3000

    🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    IGN: Aeios
    I Love Nature

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer TheNightmxre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    930

    Default

    They should honestly just bring the old growtoken system back. I honestly think growtokens are easier to get now. Nearly half the players I see everywhere has focused eyes and back then they were insanely rare to see.
    hello

    Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    those revamps and updates is what keeps the game alive lmfaooo

    also funny how you mentioned almost everyone focus on profitting and you want them to fix the economy yet saying there's no one interested in building,like do you want builders or people who waste their time making profits?
    this is true
    I am not gay but my IGN is jimizgay



  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Judavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    Posts
    944

    Default

    To do something within the game takes profit.

    Personally I like to profit, build, social with my friends and also world surf.

    The game isn’t dying but I believe Ubisoft isn’t hard enough with following rules and players do what ever they please.
    If your going to make rules then stick to them, you can’t expect people to follow rules that are not enforced on EVERY player and just a few.
    This ruins the game for me.
    Some people have worked hard and for years yet others cheat and get away with it.
    It’s not a real fair way of gaming and one of the reasons I’m falling out with this game and the way it’s being controlled.
    Make more rules but don’t stick to them then why even make the rules in fact why even have rules.
    It’s a real sad way of mass manipulation do as I say but you and you can do what you want.
    Blatant Favouritism is not fair and not the way a game should be.
    One rule for one another for another.
    Great way to keep the “social community game” going.
    NOT!

    Either way the game isn’t dying 75% of the people online are spammers or auto farmers which I’m guessing is most the 1 million active monthly players is more like 250k so Ubisoft need them.
    That’s my conspiracy but they didn’t answer my thread when I asked if they needed them so I’m guessing I was right.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

    Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines (RiddleTown)
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeios View Post
    It is probably not dying. Not all people wants to Profit, some of them just enjoying the game and chitchatting on their friends. It is a Social game though.

    About the Events, Revamps, and etc. Aren't useless thus, it keeps the game alive. How can you say it is useless when some players uses it. Well in my opinion, you can say useless cause you are just focusing on profiting. For me, updates aren't useless at all and they keep the game alive where some of the people are glad on every updates.
    "If there are too many farmers who are going to consume it."

    We are also lacking in Story parkours because almost no one is interested to make one to show their creativity thus, if there is one I bet they are running for WOTD.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

    Make Sure To Visit Our World


    Password: GROWTOPIA

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Colmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    "If there are too many farmers who are going to consume it."

    We are also lacking in Story parkours because almost no one is interested to make one to show their creativity thus, if there is one I bet they are running for WOTD.
    People just there for rewards and such..
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    BUFF Seed of life.
    THEY BUFFED IT 2X

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer -LI0NE-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Somewhere else than earth
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    People have been saying this since when i started back in 2014 and low and behold the game is still here. Everyone enjoys playing in their own way, and as long as there is a community (quite a large one in fact) the game is not dying.
    Listne here bud, last summerfest (second best event by comunity) was hitting easily 45k players and now i mostly see 13k due to the blocks that are RARE and obtainable in a small amount wich makes people beilive they arent good blocks cuz its not enought common and building is useless for a 5dls world.

    Your just sad that the game is dying and deny it.

    Like every game, your update shouldnt be in mass but better. More mods less people quitting due to scamms and casinos.

    The goal is to make updayes that resonates into people dpthat doesnt play like
    A BETTER GAME GENERATOR SYSTHEM.

    I am ready for this comunity to make improoved game gen pack for like 250k gems wich will cointain an upgraded game gen and cool blocks that cant be broken and its free but when traded, these blocks will disepear wich will improove rebuilding nice maps made by the next pvp generation.
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)
    -----
    ..Console..
    IGN : lord
    Level : highest of all !
    switch/xbox
    -----
    Follow my insta @li0ne_gt

    Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)


    #FixDay1

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -LI0NE- View Post
    Listne here bud, last summerfest (second best event by comunity) was hitting easily 45k players and now i mostly see 13k due to the blocks that are RARE and obtainable in a small amount wich makes people beilive they arent good blocks cuz its not enought common and building is useless for a 5dls world.

    Your just sad that the game is dying and deny it.

    Like every game, your update shouldnt be in mass but better. More mods less people quitting due to scamms and casinos.

    The goal is to make updayes that resonates into people dpthat doesnt play like
    A BETTER GAME GENERATOR SYSTHEM.

    I am ready for this comunity to make improoved game gen pack for like 250k gems wich will cointain an upgraded game gen and cool blocks that cant be broken and its free but when traded, these blocks will disepear wich will improove rebuilding nice maps made by the next pvp generation.
    Onsh behalsh of NoDlesh i ApolOgish
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Prank calling crazy jim i
    Posts
    8,881

    Default

    Everything and everyone are slowly dying

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer tatertots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -LI0NE- View Post
    Listne here bud, last summerfest (second best event by comunity) was hitting easily 45k players and now i mostly see 13k due to the blocks that are RARE and obtainable in a small amount wich makes people beilive they arent good blocks cuz its not enought common and building is useless for a 5dls world.
    Today, the peak players online was at about 40,000. You just play at a different time than everyone else, so less players are online. The player count dips at around 11:00-23:00.
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 72

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    The game isn’t dying but I believe Ubisoft isn’t hard enough with following rules and players do what ever they please.
    If your going to make rules then stick to them, you can’t expect people to follow rules that are not enforced on EVERY player and just a few.
    We're trying to streamline this so everyone is following the same rules. We do treat some situations differently depending on the case, but that's a necessity if you want a healthy community. If you're suggesting that we treat EVERY player the exact same way, you're suggesting that we never hear from a player's side and ban based on what we see ourselves. This sounds like a good way to put an end to a community - to not listen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    75% of the people online are spammers or auto farmers which I’m guessing is most the 1 million active monthly players is more like 250k so Ubisoft need them.
    That’s my conspiracy but they didn’t answer my thread when I asked if they needed them so I’m guessing I was right.
    This is definitely a conspiracy. We do our best to stop spammers & auto-farmers. As we find new ways to find them and stop them, they find new ways to hide. They evolve like we do.

    The good thing about clearing out 750k spammers & auto-farmers would be a better economy for the game. We're working on it!

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    We are also lacking in Story parkours because almost no one is interested to make one to show their creativity thus, if there is one I bet they are running for WOTD.
    If you're looking specifically for story parkours, you're right that most people running for WotD make story parkours. Might want to swing by the World Showcase Forum to check some out! Also, it's nice to give the builders feedback to help encourage them to keep making them.

    Thanks for the feedback so far, guys! I'll be watching the thread as it continues to grow!
    Canadian Community Manager

    I like anime, board games, video games, and food! (and just about everything else that's fun, competitive, and inspiring)

    Link to my official IG

  18. #18
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post

    To sort that out, it will break the economy even more and this will be the end game for Growtopia. Imagine all players just selling it for 200/1 each of the item because the supplies are completely up but the demand are low because all of them are holding it, what a waste right?
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make investors want to invest on then very-cheap-nobody-wants-these farmables and decrease the supply of farmables being spewed out into the market? Every year the economy just bounces back up despite the amount of farmables owned by thousands among thousands of people and countless of people saying that THIS is FINALLY the end of the Growtopian economy. Let's just sit back and watch if the economy does crash this year.
    ign : Fycho

    Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    I totally wasn't looking at what you had on your task bar, but osu? Nice.

    find me in steam by the custom url of /shiinayun/
    alternatively, you can also find me in twitter by the handle @hashimotoyusa

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    We're trying to streamline this so everyone is following the same rules. We do treat some situations differently depending on the case, but that's a necessity if you want a healthy community. If you're suggesting that we treat EVERY player the exact same way, you're suggesting that we never hear from a player's side and ban based on what we see ourselves. This sounds like a good way to put an end to a community - to not listen.
    I mean technically how is this a problem? You're giving trust to players to some extent which will be abused one way or another especially within this kind of community. I'd honestly prefer if you all actually took action from what you actually see and CERTAIN it is breaking the rules rather than someone trying to cover it. You have everything to confirm such as logs.
    This brings inconsistency as players start calling staff out for player favoritism in terms of punishments. There's been cases where "greater" players have been privileged with lighter punishments and this is definitely where people start getting mad over that because they feel like they do not get as much attention as those players do, and get systematically denied by support/staff. Main reason drama starts along all those sort of threads.


    If you're looking specifically for story parkours, you're right that most people running for WotD make story parkours. Might want to swing by the World Showcase Forum to check some out! Also, it's nice to give the builders feedback to help encourage them to keep making them.
    He's talking in general; we came from where they were popular to a point where they are DEAD and only found within WoTD submissions. We had sbs about people hosting mini-games (jail games, spleef, parkours) back then to strictly profit and farms. I truthfully believe this game needs more fun activities that involves bringing people together and perhaps rewarding, like enhancing the game "battle" pack to include tournaments for example.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    We're trying to streamline this so everyone is following the same rules. We do treat some situations differently depending on the case, but that's a necessity if you want a healthy community. If you're suggesting that we treat EVERY player the exact same way, you're suggesting that we never hear from a player's side and ban based on what we see ourselves. This sounds like a good way to put an end to a community - to not listen.
    From what I've heard, the support replies with the same message about scammers to all tickets about nuked worlds. If it doesn't answer the question that was asked and the person replies back, they're told they will be ignored about it.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •