Thread: [WIN-A-WAND] Summer-Fest Building Contest!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [WIN-A-WAND] Summer-Fest Building Contest!

Name:  SFBanner.PNG
Views: 877
Size:  268.7 KB

Hi, everyone!

With Summer-Fest in high gear and the summer vibes being in full swing I'd like to host a little building contest to test the limits of your creativity! This will serve as a trial run for something I want to eventually do consistently (hopefully with cooler prizes!).

As this is a trial run, things may change mid-way through dependent on observations and feedback (and based on if people are even interested) - but I'll notify you if/when any changes occur. Look out for polls after this contest is over to provide your input.

THEME: Summer-Fest
    DEADLINE: Monday 5th August

Here are the general rules we're going with! They'll be kept short and sweet and potentially amended based on this run.

• You can only submit one world per contest.
    • Building in groups is allowed - you can aid as many people as you want! However, splitting the prize(s) will be entirely up to the owner of the winning world(s).
    • Worlds that don't follow the given theme won't be considered.
    • Players who have been banned for 3 days or more in the last 6 months won't be considered. Nor will players with a ban of 30 days or longer on their record from any time. I reserve the right to disqualify you even if you don't meet the aforementioned criteria, if I feel it's for the good of the contest. This won't apply to world admins.

I won't impose too much criteria on you all, as I want you to build your own way! However, there are some guidelines I feel need to be here.
    • No vend shops, storages or farms will be considered.
    • No pixel-art only worlds are allowed. Any copied pixel art (or stuff copied from other peoples worlds) will lead to disqualification.
    • Older worlds are allowed, but newer worlds are preferable.
    • Originality is encouraged! Underused mechanics, new techniques and new ways of using items are all fantastic!
    • Both the view from the render and in-game are important.

Judging will be done by myself and a handful of the other 2.0 mods. If this becomes permanent, I'll look at having a community aspect to the judging, too! The contest will be held predominantly on the forums (in this thread), but you can send me your entries pretty much anywhere and just let me know what it’s for. I’ll include it!

As for the prizes, they'll be as follows:

1st place - 1 x Fire Wand AND 1 x Freeze Wand
    2nd place - 1 x Freeze or Fire Wand.
    3rd place - 1 x Freeze or Fire Wand.

I'll also see about having the winners be granted a WOTD, too. But no promises.
    Last edited by Misthios; 07-03-2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Typo: Monday 5th Aug - not 15th, that’s a Thursday. My bad.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt