Thread: Featured Content Creators not really important anymore

Thumbs down Featured Content Creators not really important anymore

So, I just read this post by NekoRei, https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-Creators-FAQ

And i feel like now, if your featured on the community hub, all you really get is a, "shout out" on a place in the game no one really uses.

I think that removing the blocks was a good idea, but i saw another post by someone suggesting untradeable content creator hoodies or hats for the ones featured in the game. I think that was a really good idea and its better than nothing.

What do you guys think?
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video:

I didn't make the thumbnail it was IcyHarry

IGN: SeaAce

Just like PCATS. I like this idea.
    Support Alex:

Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

Quote Originally Posted by SeaAce View Post
    So, I just read this post by NekoRei, https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-Creators-FAQ

And i feel like now, if your featured on the community hub, all you really get is a, "shout out" on a place in the game no one really uses.

I think that removing the blocks was a good idea, but i saw another post by someone suggesting untradeable content creator hoodies or hats for the ones featured in the game. I think that was a really good idea and its better than nothing.

What do you guys think?
    Untradeable youtuber item sounds great tbh. But for sure someone will find a way to exploit it and make a few wls...

In my opinion, this sounds kinda exploitable in a way and if not given a thorough analysis if the creator really deserves it—could lead to major consequences.

And not only that, but it's also worrisome to think about the effects rampant elitism could eventually have in the game. But hey, that may just be me and perhaps I'm just exaggerating the possibilities of what may happen.
    "The only other thing I hate is having to waste my time reading this signature."

❖ YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/MemeHero/

❖ Info:
    IGN: MemeHero -- (GL) of MEMES.
    Level: 75
    2013 player.

❖ Worlds:
    > MEMES
    > WHIM
    > HUNGERGAMES
    > FNAFWORLD

❖ Goals:
    1. Get a WOTD and a VOTD.
    2. Become known for something.
    3. Be the first to discover a recipe for a new item.

Join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUOfficial2013/
    - MemeHero, Owner of Growtopia University.

WOW YO DOES IT AFFECT THE COMMUNITY
    - IT SHOULD BE A NO (EXCEPT THE YOUTUBE COMMUNITY)

WOW YO DOES IT AFFECT THE GAME
    - IT SHOULD BE A NO

Look, the community hub was a great way for Ubisoft to show its appreciation to the content creators that are influencing players to play the game more!
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Again, as I kept mentioning before:

The Community Hub is a place where we’ll highlight the very best content made by our players! This is for those who create – and enjoy! – high-quality content of all kinds, whether it’s a cool story world, tricky parkour challenge, YouTube video, or even an Instagram post.
    The blocks was just a way for us to show our appreciation to the content creators by giving them an exclusive item to give-away to their fans/followers/supporters. However, it did more harm than good and caused a lot of drama and issues therefore we opted to remove it.

We don't really have an influencer/content creator program in place... we just wanted to feature them to let them know we notice their efforts. However, I did saw a lot of threads thinking the Community Hub was some sort of content creator program and perhaps we should get one started based on the suggestions provided by forum members. However, this needs intense planning and we need to make a more concrete plan because you saw what the Content Creator Blocks did.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Again, as I kept mentioning before:

The blocks was just a way for us to show our appreciation to the content creators by giving them an exclusive item to give-away to their fans/followers/supporters. However, it did more harm than good and caused a lot of drama and issues therefore we opted to remove it.

We don't really have an influencer/content creator program in place... we just wanted to feature them to let them know we notice their efforts. However, I did saw a lot of threads thinking the Community Hub was some sort of content creator program and perhaps we should get one started based on the suggestions provided by forum members. However, this needs intense planning and we need to make a more concrete plan because you saw what the Content Creator Blocks did.
    very very true
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant