Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Websites as content creators

why not
    +1
    真の幸福を達成.

As a web dev, I +1 this. Only problem is I can't come up with any website ideas that aren't a Growstocks ripoff LOL. My best idea so far is a web version of MASSHELP but it seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of time to do
    IGN: dracotdragon
    Twitter: @dracotdragon (where I'm most active )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiBJ5assm4
    The BiteLordist Forums! Create an account here!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    While your explanation totally makes sense, us developers are left in the dark while we are producing content too.
    I mean content creators are able to scam people too (if that's what you mean).
    When you entrust software developers with this it stops being just in-game stuff, you entrust with the developer that his software is 100% safe - and at any point he could inject it with malware and mask it as an "update" or whatever. My point is that we can cause damage outside of the game, which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation heavily (could easily result in a scandal), and while I am not a hundred percent confident with that, im afraid that it may cause legal issues too.

I too, as a developer, would love to be recognized for my work, but I don't think that the risks of adding developers to the "Content creator" section is worth the possible pay-off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DracoTDragon View Post
    As a web dev, I +1 this. Only problem is I can't come up with any website ideas that aren't a Growstocks ripoff LOL. My best idea so far is a web version of MASSHELP but it seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of time to do
    Trust me, even GrowStocks took months and years to make
    Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    When you entrust software developers with this it stops being just in-game stuff, you entrust with the developer that his software is 100% safe - and at any point he could inject it with malware and mask it as an "update" or whatever. My point is that we can cause damage outside of the game, which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation heavily (could easily result in a scandal), and while I am not a hundred percent confident with that, im afraid that it may cause legal issues too.

I too, as a developer, would love to be recognized for my work, but I don't think that the risks of adding developers to the "Content creator" section is worth the possible pay-off.
    I see you're talking about Software (downloadable stuff).
    I'm 100% with you on potential stealers that would badly hurt the game.
    There are 2 possible solutions:
    1. Do not feature downloadable programs
    2. Possibly a legal contract between Ubisoft and the creator would do it?
    Break the contract = Legal action against you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Trust me, even GrowStocks took months and years to make

I see you're talking about Software (downloadable stuff).
    I'm 100% with you on potential stealers that would badly hurt the game.
    There are 2 possible solutions:
    1. Do not feature downloadable programs
    2. Possibly a legal contract between Ubisoft and the creator would do it?
    Break the contract = Legal action against you
    I anticipated you may mention web-development here, and yes, browsers nowadays are really secure, but it's not malware that's the issue in this case - you could redirect to other sites, or you could literally do thousands of other things that would result in a scandal which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation. Please note that I am not saying you in particular would do anything, but I'm merely listing possibilities. Most players are too young to sign a contract, so it wouldn't work too well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    I anticipated you may mention web-development here, and yes, browsers nowadays are really secure, but it's not malware that's the issue in this case - you could redirect to other sites, or you could literally do thousands of other things that would result in a scandal which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation. Please note that I am not saying you in particular would do anything, but I'm merely listing possibilities. Most players are too young to sign a contract, so it wouldn't work too well.
    I do agree with all of the above.
    And about the contract, Ubisoft could accept websites whose owners are above legal age to sign a contract.