Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Chat System Update!

Knight

Oh my god, the new chat design is absolutely terrible.

Please do not ever add that. Keep the normal chat.

Everyone on Instagram is already ripping it apart, even twitter too.

Some are jokingly saying they’re gonna quit if it’s implemented.

That’s how incredibly terrible it looks..

Or at LEAST keep the old colors.
    "I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for" - Al Capone.

Thanks for the excellent feedback, guys! A lot of good suggestions here, and we're watching, taking notes, and discussing. Also, just to reiterate once again, this is a mockup, not an in-game screenshot - you can even see the line behind the "ADMIN" message where the colors change because I copy-pasted the chat window to make it larger.

Please remember, nothing you see is final, colors included. Breathe, my friends. Breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Thanks for the excellent feedback, guys! A lot of good suggestions here, and we're watching, taking notes, and discussing. Also, just to reiterate once again, this is a mockup, not an in-game screenshot - you can even see the line behind the "ADMIN" message where the colors change because I copy-pasted the chat window to make it larger.

Please remember, nothing you see is final, colors included. Breathe, my friends. Breathe.
    Please Starkos, promise us that it's not a must to select that new system. Or just please give us options to on/off the colors and the font.

Can we enable and disable features in the new system?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    Oh my god, the new chat design is absolutely terrible.

Please do not ever add that. Keep the normal chat.

Everyone on Instagram is already ripping it apart, even twitter too.

Some are jokingly saying they’re gonna quit if it’s implemented.

That’s how incredibly terrible it looks..

Or at LEAST keep the old colors.
    Yes, this is absolutely terrible. I really don't want to stick into the new system. They have to give us an option to stick into the new one or stay in the old one.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Please Starkos, promise us that it's not a must to select that new system. Or just please give us options to on/off the colors and the font.

Can we enable and disable features in the new system?
    It'll be a must - we're not going to support two different chat systems, nor will we support enabling and disabling individual features within the system. Everyone will have channels, the cursor, etc., but if the primary concern here is colors and font, I'll again reiterate that this is a mockup that's not final.

It'll be a must - we're not going to support two different chat systems, nor will we support enabling and disabling individual features within the system. Everyone will have channels, the cursor, etc., but if the primary concern here is colors and font, I'll again reiterate that this is a mockup that's not final.
    So it's a must now to stick into the new system?

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Knight

At LEAST keep the old colors, and redesign most of it. This is completely unoriginal, especially with the emoji system. We already have one that works, and is completely unique.

The only thing Ubisoft has EVER done is copy things and make offbrand stuff from pop culture, and add new items that are giant and flashy and don’t look like growtopia at all, but rather someone pixelated anime stuff and threw it in the game.

Most updates under Ubisoft have been disasters and entirely unoriginal. Ubisoft will never impress me until it starts making things in the GROWTOPIAN STYLE. Every game has a style. Seth and Hamumu had a style, Ubisoft was the kid beside them badly copying their work, adding in stupid unnecessary crap. Now Ubisoft is trying to remove our chat style.

Ubisoft just adds one time items in special events, like Thanos’ Gauntlet, that nobody can EVER get again. That’s not how this game works, special items are only for moderators and every item should be obtainable by the public, not just one time before its gone forever. IOTMs are a good example of that BS.

Ubisoft needs to sell back to Hamumu and Seth, or stop royalty screwing over this game. GT is dying because of terrible decisions like this. It’s no longer fun, GT is now about tolerating absolutely terrible decisions made by the Ubidevs.

Everything has been copied from pop culture, marvel, game of thrones, Disney remakes, anything Ubisoft sees in the media it COPIES. If there’s nothing to copy they simply add onto things, like the surgery pack.

Ubisoft is unoriginal, growtopia is becoming full on cringeworthy, and “gay” isn’t even censored and is thrown around by homophobes in PUBLIC BROADCASTS but the word “d1ck” now doesn’t even show up to anyone else if you type it. Apparently being a bigot and bashing a minority in PUBLIC BROADCASTS is not as bad as saying the word “d1ck”, which is apparently so bad that now nobody can see it if you say it. Nobody can even see it as #$@! except the person who said it. Blatant free speech violation.

This is not the growtopia I grew to love as a kid.
    "I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for" - Al Capone.

I’m not so sure about the whole no color thing... Like honesty color is what makes it appealing

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to reduce scams and stuff. Have people in authority talk in a different font. Like completely different.
    Ubisoft Hamumu

VvVCLICKMEVvV
    UbiMumu’s Breaking Service!

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Hello Growtopians!

Starkos posted a sneak peek for the chat system update! Go check it here and tell us what you think about it!

Oh my god That is Incredibly awesome XD

The concept is there. (I personally do like it! ) However, the execution must be good as well. I wouldn’t want something so confusing/complicated. Something easy to follow would do.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

Insta account: @pokekidgt

I don’t farm. Just chill.

It was a bad idea releasing this early mockup, 99% of the community seems to not understand that this isn’t the final design and are freaking out.

Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    It was a bad idea releasing this early mockup, 99% of the community seems to not understand that this isn’t the final design and are freaking out.
    This looks bad, I'm freaking out.

The only thing that I don't like is the text colors. Other than that, it's so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by 36Z View Post
    The only thing that I don't like is the text colors. Other than that, it's so cool!
    No, It's not cool. They are going to remove colors and they are colorize based on the source which looks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    It's actually good that Ubisoft is giving us an idea on their developments. They could get advice from the community on what to improve on - since the game itself depends on us.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

Insta account: @pokekidgt

I don’t farm. Just chill.

would prefer world chat to be blue and PMs to be orange tbh...
    Ubisoft < UGTeam .

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...8&d=1511461367
    thanks for medal hammerjelly senpai

well... so do I... HOW DID I DO THIS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    It's actually good that Ubisoft is giving us an idea on their developments. They could get advice from the community on what to improve on - since the game itself depends on us.
    Could have waited to tease it until they have actually made it or atleast spent some more time on the mockup.

People are saying it looks bad and what I’m trying to say is that the design isn’t the main focus here, it’s the features with different chats and buttons. Stop looking at the design because it was just thrown together really quick and it’s not how it’s going to look like when it’s finished.

Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

I didn't have time to read through all the posts so I apologize if someone already made this suggestion.

So, I was at BUYSURGS trying to find a SURG-E seller and it's just crazy in there. Perhaps in the 'World' chat channel or any chat channel, we could use keyword filtering. For example, I would first select the world chat channel which will only show chats in the world I'm in and then use the keyword filter 'sponge' (if I needed sponges). Since people usually stand there and advertise their worlds -- Sell sponge 11/WL at CHEAPSPONGE it will filter out all the other chats and only display the ones with keyword 'sponge'.
    IGN: ChiggaLam
    Level: 114 | Dragon / Wings / Bot
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)

Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!

The overall premise of this update is pretty cool! My only concern, as others have vocalized, is the colour scheme. I think simply sticking to the current colours we have when chatting (e.g. orange for private-messaging, purple for broadcasts, white/beige for chatting) would be better. I personally really don't like the colour scheme showcased in that screenshot.
    Leave a positive mark for the world to see.

#LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
    IGN: Immaculate

How would the chat should work? Will the super broadcaster TING be hear even if not on the all?
    Ubisoft Hamumu

VvVCLICKMEVvV
    UbiMumu’s Breaking Service!

Banned

Thumbs down You will be able to write longer messages

4. Longer messages
    me: time for spam