Thread: 2FA: Remove access to accessed IPs from 2FA

Master Sorcerer

Default 2FA: Remove access to accessed IPs from 2FA

Not sure if this is a thing, but if not, there should be a way to remove access from ip addresses that you have allowed through 2FA for two reasons:
    1. moving house, meaning that the location you were in previously is no longer associated
    - and 2. using free/public wifi (which I admit to doing, and someone pointed it out today).

Don't know what else to say, but it would be nice if it isn't a thing yet to have a list of ips like with Google, that you can remove at will through the Growtopia website.

Banned

I did ask support a couple of months ago, and they said the nonsense:
    If you have chosen to allow access from a location, you are responsible of having did so.
    Support has been useless. Even with my latest email, they have been extremely useless. Garbage level

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    I did ask support a couple of months ago, and they said the nonsense:

Support has been useless. Even with my latest email, they have been extremely useless. Garbage level
    Oh wow, haven't had the chance to contact support but that's harsh. Thanks for sharing this bit of information. Nice to know i'm not the only one concerned.

Banned

Suggestion inside your suggestion:
    It would be amazing if we could have "Google authenticator" for 2 FA. It's very secure.

Just remove it completely, spammers are inevitable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Just remove it completely, spammers are inevitable.
    What are you talking about? Looks like you don't know what 2 Factor authentication is!
    Upon signing in from a new location, an email is sent to you with a link to click to confirm it's not a hacker.
    What OP is suggesting is letting us "remove approved locations", in case you signed into a device that was not yours/somewhere public.

What are you talking about? Looks like you don't know what 2 Factor authentication is!
    Upon signing in from a new location, an email is sent to you with a link to click to confirm it's not a hacker.
    What OP is suggesting is letting us "remove approved locations", in case you signed into a device that was not yours/somewhere public.
    OH! Lol i read wrong, thought it was aount of IPs thats allowed to sign in, in 1 location. Etc. under the same wifi.

Plus i dont use 2 Factor Authentication so yall can hack me. (They should make theirs like the ones Steam uses, Steam Guard)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    OH! Lol i read wrong, thought it was aount of IPs thats allowed to sign in, in 1 location. Etc. under the same wifi.

Plus i dont use 2 Factor Authentication so yall can hack me.
    Oh no! Enable it right now! It's just 2 clicks but saves you years of hardwork!

There is a way to remove it but its not what you think it is (IK it sounds super dodgy but what i mean is that its not an actual feature and you have to do it manually, bear with me)

So if 2FA is enabled only 2 IPs can work in a given time. If you get to a 3rd IP and log on successfully it kicks the 1st IP off (2nd IP still there) so when you go back to the 1st IP then it wont work and you will have to verify it, then once verifies it will kick the 2nd IP and then hence by adding a 3rd IP you removed IP number 2 because you are only allowed 2 IPs at a given time per account. (I think- I found this out from my own experience from logging in from places like parties and stuff, yes I play growtopia at parties. Im sad. Deal with it.)
    Feb 2013 Growtopia player. (Forum account created later)

I quit. Because of this. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-friend-I-had

In game name: FurtherMaths

Banned

Dunno tbh, always worked for me with more than 2 IPs

Dunno tbh, always worked for me with more than 2 IPs
    Oh. It only works with 2 IPs for me. IDK then.
    Feb 2013 Growtopia player. (Forum account created later)

I quit. Because of this. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-friend-I-had

In game name: FurtherMaths

Banned

Bump for my friend