Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Recently, hackers are getting better at hacking...

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    554

    Default Recently, hackers are getting better at hacking...

    I don't have screenshots or anything, but I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what I am talking about. Previously, hackers would use speed and flying type hacks.

    They evolved.


    Now, whenever you go to ANY giveaway sb, you will witness these new hackers. These guys basically insta-take any item drop once the door is open. I don't know how it works, but every hacker has this hack. I know the team(growtopia) is working hard to remove this stuff, but it really doesn't seem to be working. I hope something is done about this. So far, the staff seems to be doing a good job, going in the right direction(revamping activities, building on them, and now, even planning to revamp the chat system). If the team wants to continue their progress in the right direction, it is clear fixing these bugs the hackers use are needed.

    To add on, the anti-cheat system needs some reworks, in both catching hackers, and catching less innocent players. I remember, some days ago, while participating in a giveaway, I witnessed a level 30+ player using hacks. He admitted to hacking STRENUOUS amounts and still not getting banned(the type of hacks to insta-grab an item and fly hacks).

    As for the anti-cheat system catching innocent players, theres still an auto ban glitch with Plasma Hair when worn with any other high jump mod feet item(Example:Space Thruster Rocket Boots). Even if you know about the glitch, it is easy to forget and accidently wear them(even simply wearing them gets you banned) dued to the fact they share similar themes, so may be used in sets. FYI this glitch was brought up previously to the team, up to about 2-4 months ago. Nothing has been done about this.





    Overall, the future of Growtopia is actually looking bright. They HAVE been trying to improve the overall system UI, the very structure of the game. Previous me would have disagreed with that statement right there but actions are being taken. All thats left is:
    1) Hacking detection system
    2) Spam bots
    3) Casinos(even then, they have been doing a better job at preventing this more than before though)
    4) All the small bugs(Small bugs are just that, small. But they do add up.)




    There are other things I would like to be added, but this isn't a suggestion thread. Just a thread to point out all the current flaws I see and feel everyone can agree(or most,obviously the hackers won't agree) needs to be fixed.


    If theres a MAJOR problem I missed or any comments like agreeing with this thread or disagreeing, feel free to comment below.




    Edit: OH YEA BOIIII, 400TH POST!
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer -LI0NE-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Somewhere else than earth
    Posts
    786

    Default

    All we know is that what you say is true. My opinion is that we dont know of the devs are stupid and think hackers dont evolve. They are humans and we ALL try to go around the o5er to win. Gt is banning them and hackers are trying to not get kicked out.

    EVEN TOUGHT WE KNOW VON GIVES ALL. Make an new ip activation of 10minutes.
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)
    -----
    ..Console..
    IGN : lord
    Level : highest of all !
    switch/xbox
    -----
    Follow my insta @li0ne_gt

    Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)


    #FixDay1

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Synertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Where @STYX and @Diichaan are.
    Posts
    414

    Default

    I think this may be too harsh, but hackers (even players who just use auto/macros) should be permbanned. This might discourage them to hack, but the best solution is to still have a really good hack detection system which is really hard to implement.


    IGN: Synertex




    Signature V6.0

  4. #4
    Administrator Kairos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    744

    Default

    We can only tackle these issues when we manage to confirm them. Now, a simple "I saw someone hacked X feature" unfortunately isn't enough for us to check and fix an issue, nor will a random video. We need to have details about reproduction steps, world where they did it and date when it happened, etc., so we can investigate the game logs. Without that, we cannot even start to investigate.

    We have several players helping us with these things, don't hesitate to do so as well! Eradicating an exploit/bug/hack is very satisfying for us as we know it improves the gaming experience for all, and well, we punish the bad guys. #SuperHeroSpirit
    "Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you got to open your brain to the possibilities." - King Bumi.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer TheNightmxre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    I don't have screenshots or anything, but I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what I am talking about. Previously, hackers would use speed and flying type hacks.

    They evolved.


    Now, whenever you go to ANY giveaway sb, you will witness these new hackers. These guys basically insta-take any item drop once the door is open. I don't know how it works, but every hacker has this hack. I know the team(growtopia) is working hard to remove this stuff, but it really doesn't seem to be working. I hope something is done about this. So far, the staff seems to be doing a good job, going in the right direction(revamping activities, building on them, and now, even planning to revamp the chat system). If the team wants to continue their progress in the right direction, it is clear fixing these bugs the hackers use are needed.

    To add on, the anti-cheat system needs some reworks, in both catching hackers, and catching less innocent players. I remember, some days ago, while participating in a giveaway, I witnessed a level 30+ player using hacks. He admitted to hacking STRENUOUS amounts and still not getting banned(the type of hacks to insta-grab an item and fly hacks).

    As for the anti-cheat system catching innocent players, theres still an auto ban glitch with Plasma Hair when worn with any other high jump mod feet item(Example:Space Thruster Rocket Boots). Even if you know about the glitch, it is easy to forget and accidently wear them(even simply wearing them gets you banned) dued to the fact they share similar themes, so may be used in sets. FYI this glitch was brought up previously to the team, up to about 2-4 months ago. Nothing has been done about this.





    Overall, the future of Growtopia is actually looking bright. They HAVE been trying to improve the overall system UI, the very structure of the game. Previous me would have disagreed with that statement right there but actions are being taken. All thats left is:
    1) Hacking detection system
    2) Spam bots
    3) Casinos(even then, they have been doing a better job at preventing this more than before though)
    4) All the small bugs(Small bugs are just that, small. But they do add up.)




    There are other things I would like to be added, but this isn't a suggestion thread. Just a thread to point out all the current flaws I see and feel everyone can agree(or most,obviously the hackers won't agree) needs to be fixed.


    If theres a MAJOR problem I missed or any comments like agreeing with this thread or disagreeing, feel free to comment below.




    Edit: OH YEA BOIIII, 400TH POST!
    The insta take hack has been around for some time. If I'm correct how it works is the hacker is able to "ghost" through the door to the prize, but since it's technically impossible for them to reach, they can't collect the item yet. When the door is opened and it's possible for players to reach the prize, the hack is able to teleport the hacker to the location they ghosted to.
    hello

    Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Judavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Ubisoft don't stick to the rules themselves.
    Someone fully admitted using autofarming to gain his riches less then a month on here!
    There comment, if they don't catch you personally they don't do a thing.
    He ADMITTED IT was that not enough? Clearly not (so bloody dumb)
    The problem being here is it's easy to get away with they have hundreds if not thousands of players that have played for 4-5 years and can be trusted to report ban that player until it's investigated. If ubisoft doesn't stick harsh punishments out then people will cheat!
    But one rule for one another for another.

    People have worked years for things people are getting in weeks or months it would be quite easy to see the people earning far too much in such a small amount of time? Or you would think it would be.
    I had high hopes for the new mods but they seemed the least trained and rushed into the game and then they put responsibly onto world owners and that's just side lining the main problems.

    Push out another update more items players will forget seems to be the tag line got growtopia now but I personally know at least 10 players that are getting sick of the way this game is going and the way things are being handled and I'm not talking new players I'm talking players of years the people that made the game in the first place.
    But don't worry ubisoft you'll get more players that play for a few weeks and leave.
    We are your money not them!
    We are the people tempted to buy things from you but yeah.
    Sorry a bit of a rant...
    JuD
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

    Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

  7. #7

    Default

    Well most of the hackers are found in Seediary. I have seen them flying around standing on spike and going into blocks and all. It' very wierd man.

  8. #8
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Below the sky
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synertex View Post
    I think this may be too harsh, but hackers (even players who just use auto/macros) should be permbanned. This might discourage them to hack, but the best solution is to still have a really good hack detection system which is really hard to implement.
    THOSE HACKERS ARE ALWAYS Have VPN to Change their IP address. So if They Got Banned in 1 Account they will just Change Their Ip with VPN and doing All the same thing over and over.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Devour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Who here remembers Amateurz Gaming.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer MediaZeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    <HIDDEN>
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    It gets more better and better if no one will stop it.


    Unless a block-app thingy may fix it
    IGN: 1NB4

    If you see someone with the MediaZeus name Ingame,it's not me. I changed my name to 1NB4!


    My new forum account! Please click me !

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Punchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Who here remembers Amateurz Gaming.
    It's better to forget such people.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

    IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 47
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paul ( Punchas/Puchy )#2613

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    not in GULAG anymore
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    bait the hackers with cheap prizes and pretend to not notice them hacking...

    Then ban them all and put up the real prizes.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: A surreal GT video


    The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Overall, the future of Growtopia is actually looking bright. They HAVE been trying to improve the overall system UI, the very structure of the game. Previous me would have disagreed with that statement right there but actions are being taken. All thats left is:
    1) Hacking detection system
    2) Spam bots
    3) Casinos(even then, they have been doing a better job at preventing this more than before though)
    4) All the small bugs(Small bugs are just that, small. But they do add up.)
    and the servers
    I am not gay but my IGN is jimizgay



  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Immaculate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    There's only so much that a group of maybe 30 mods and staff (half of which being either right out of training/at the end of their training) can do. I don't know precisely how many unique players log onto GT everyday, but I can only assume it's at or around 90,000. If so, that'd be around 3,000 total players to look after *per staff member* daily.

    What I've learned over the years that I've played this game is that we need to respect our moderators. Yes, their job is to ban wrongful players/worlds. Yes, their duties are to, first and foremost, protect the game. But they're only human, not robot octopi who have eight arms and can do everything at once. I used to trash moderators for "not doing their job". I used to trash Ubisoft for "changing the game forever, for the worse" (That's another topic for another, though). I really do regret saying such things.

    The thing is, if all they do is go behind the scenes and ban players, we complain that they're out of touch with the community. If all they do is seemingly just spend time with players online, we complain that they're not doing their job. They're damned if they do either one of those things, and that's because they lack the rightful respect that they deserve.

    They do ban spambots. They do ban unrightful players. They nuke casinos. In fact, I've been seeing this more than ever now that the Canadian team has been hired. Is there anything that they can improve upon? Always, and the OP expressed just about everything I can think of that can be fixed, plus maybe upgrading our servers.

    Here's one thing I hope we can all agree on: they're trying their hardest to do anything possible to make Growtopia enjoyable for everyone. Whether it be adding new content, management of the game or simply improving our daily QoL, we should recognize that they do their best to try and make us all happy. Not only should we respect them for all this (and more), but we should maybe start aiding them in such things.

    If you stumble across an illegal world, report it. If you have any ideas of what could potentially make this game more enjoyable, suggest it. To sum all of this up, read the quote and replace "country" with "community".

    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
    - President John F. Kennedy
    Leave a positive mark for the world to see.

    #LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

    Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
    IGN: Immaculate

  15. #15
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Land of poutine
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    We can only tackle these issues when we manage to confirm them. Now, a simple "I saw someone hacked X feature" unfortunately isn't enough for us to check and fix an issue, nor will a random video. We need to have details about reproduction steps, world where they did it and date when it happened, etc., so we can investigate the game logs. Without that, we cannot even start to investigate.

    We have several players helping us with these things, don't hesitate to do so as well! Eradicating an exploit/bug/hack is very satisfying for us as we know it improves the gaming experience for all, and well, we punish the bad guys. #SuperHeroSpirit
    I have a question about this, why can’t you guys, the developers, test the bugs for the auto-ban system yourself? No one wants to get banned to send you info and then risk not getting unbanned afterwards (yes, I’m talking about the plasma hair with another high jump item).

    I know you must have a lot on your plate already, and I thank you for everything you do, but innocent players getting banned is incredibly unfair and should be addressed ASAP.

    Good day to you good sir
    Signature

  16. #16
    Lesser Wizard Meme.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a rock.
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
    There's only so much that a group of maybe 30 mods and staff (half of which being either right out of training/at the end of their training) can do. I don't know precisely how many unique players log onto GT everyday, but I can only assume it's at or around 90,000. If so, that'd be around 3,000 total players to look after *per staff member* daily.

    What I've learned over the years that I've played this game is that we need to respect our moderators. Yes, their job is to ban wrongful players/worlds. Yes, their duties are to, first and foremost, protect the game. But they're only human, not robot octopi who have eight arms and can do everything at once. I used to trash moderators for "not doing their job". I used to trash Ubisoft for "changing the game forever, for the worse" (That's another topic for another, though). I really do regret saying such things.

    The thing is, if all they do is go behind the scenes and ban players, we complain that they're out of touch with the community. If all they do is seemingly just spend time with players online, we complain that they're not doing their job. They're damned if they do either one of those things, and that's because they lack the rightful respect that they deserve.

    They do ban spambots. They do ban unrightful players. They nuke casinos. In fact, I've been seeing this more than ever now that the Canadian team has been hired. Is there anything that they can improve upon? Always, and the OP expressed just about everything I can think of that can be fixed, plus maybe upgrading our servers.

    Here's one thing I hope we can all agree on: they're trying their hardest to do anything possible to make Growtopia enjoyable for everyone. Whether it be adding new content, management of the game or simply improving our daily QoL, we should recognize that they do their best to try and make us all happy. Not only should we respect them for all this (and more), but we should maybe start aiding them in such things.

    If you stumble across an illegal world, report it. If you have any ideas of what could potentially make this game more enjoyable, suggest it. To sum all of this up, read the quote and replace "country" with "community".

    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
    - President John F. Kennedy
    Mhm.

    Growtopia needs more funds... this game's a great investment with really determined players. That's just me, though. Since, I do think of this game as similar to other popular sandbox games... namely M, R, and T.
    Last edited by Meme.; 07-11-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    "The only other thing I hate is having to waste my time reading this signature."

    ❖ YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/MemeHero/

    ❖ Info:
    IGN: MemeHero -- (GL) of MEMES.
    Level: 75
    2013 player.

    ❖ Worlds:
    > MEMES
    > WHIM
    > HUNGERGAMES
    > FNAFWORLD


    ❖ Goals:
    1. Get a WOTD and a VOTD.
    2. Become known for something.
    3. Be the first to discover a recipe for a new item.

    Join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUOfficial2013/
    - MemeHero, Owner of Growtopia University.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •