Thread: Was just hacked, dont know what to do.

Exclamation Was just hacked, dont know what to do.

opened my account and found that all my items are gone.The growtokens are used, my dls are stolen, and what hurts the most is two magplants disappear from my world.
    i have never clicked any links, never shared a password, and kept protective most of the time.

Not sure if i could get hacked from just nothing, and have no idea what to do. I know i cant get my items back, so that sucks massively.
    Need advice.
    https://i.imgur.com/09SmSjJ.gif

Will steal your pet frog. Back off.

Ign: Radpole
    Level: 52 ish
    Favorite item: Froghat

Lesser Wizard

Did you enable advanced account security? Because if you have, then it most likely was a sibling or friend that came over to your house.
    When you're so trash at the game and a moderator calls you out for it.

Apple Strudel 1/wl at ARROZSHOP - 5% faster tree growth rate.

Selling Arroz con Pollo along with its ingredients at SELLARROZ.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    Did you enable advanced account security? Because if you have, then it most likely was a sibling or friend that came over to your house.
    it is not on, never clicked on anything thou. and i would i say i monitor any siblings, friends, or anyone that uses my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwoopy View Post
    opened my account and found that all my items are gone.The growtokens are used, my dls are stolen, and what hurts the most is two magplants disappear from my world.
    i have never clicked any links, never shared a password, and kept protective most of the time.

Not sure if i could get hacked from just nothing, and have no idea what to do. I know i cant get my items back, so that sucks massively.
    Need advice.
    Well support can't do anything about it in forums so contact them at support@growtopiagame.com (If it's still existing) and they MIGHT help you.

But from my personal experience you can try and work those items back. Try going to BFG's world to get some gems/wls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    I've heard that hackers can bypass AAP so it's not the point. Same thing could've happened now.
    Help me decide what to write in here, please...

Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/XBh8NcJ

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    Well support can't do anything about it in forums so contact them at support@growtopiagame.com (If it's still existing) and they MIGHT help you.

But from my personal experience you can try and work those items back. Try going to BFG's world to get some gems/wls.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard that hackers can bypass AAP so it's not the point. Same thing could've happened now.
    If i work hard to get my items back, is there a guarantee i will not get hacked again? I sent a email to support so i hope they can help.

If i work hard to get my items back, is there a guarantee i will not get hacked again? I sent a email to support so i hope they can help.
    Some tips:
    1. Don't use same password everywhere. Change it to unique one so hacker couldn't get into your account fast & easy.
    2. You can create password using "@" characters for extra safety. For ex: rdn17@145wq.
    3. Don't EVER download anything from unknown sources. It can be RAT (Remote access tool) or even save.dat stealer. Use known sources to download something you need.
    4. Don't click on any links & don't enter phishing websites.
    5. Have enabled AAP (I know I mentioned that I've heard hackers can bypass it but it's extra safety and it'd take longer for hacker to obtain your account items).

1. hackers, it's the law
    [2. trust me support won't help]
    [(they suspended my account for sliding on ice, and accused me for using macro)]
    h

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    [2. trust me support won't help]
    2 days later same guy replies to you saying that they've helped. Trust me if you'll be nice to them they'll help you. Maybe not with items returning but checking the logs to see who was the hacker and permanently ip-ban him.

Some tips:
    1. Don't use same password everywhere. Change it to unique one so hacker couldn't get into your account fast & easy.
    2. You can create password using "@" characters for extra safety. For ex: rdn17@145wq.
    3. Don't EVER download anything from unknown sources. It can be RAT (Remote access tool) or even save.dat stealer. Use known sources to download something you need.
    4. Don't click on any links & don't enter phishing websites.
    5. Have enabled AAP (I know I mentioned that I've heard hackers can bypass it but it's extra safety and it'd take longer for hacker to obtain your account items).
    i did everything

- - - Updated - - -

2 days later same guy replies to you saying that they've helped. Trust me if you'll be nice to them they'll help you. Maybe not with items returning but checking the logs to see who was the hacker and permanently ip-ban him.
    ill wait i guess

Holy hell, Rise of the Hackers.

i did everything

- - - Updated - - -

ill wait i guess
    Helo, I'm poor but I can help you with any things just wanted a new friend in my life.

Banned

Did you have AAP?

it is not on, never clicked on anything thou. and i would i say i monitor any siblings, friends, or anyone that uses my computer.
    Well, we or Growtopia support won't be able to help you as it's all on you. If you had it active, they could have discussed returning those items that you lost but since your advance account protection was off, there is nothing you can do but start over from the beginning.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    Well, we or Growtopia support won't be able to help you as it's all on you. If you had it active, they could have discussed returning those items that you lost but since your advance account protection was off, there is nothing you can do but start over from the beginning.
    Iam fully willing to start all over, just wanted to know if having AAP will actually protect my account and i wont get hacked again. plus i also wanted to know if people getting randomly hacked like this is a common thing.

Iam fully willing to start all over, just wanted to know if having AAP will actually protect my account and i wont get hacked again. plus i also wanted to know if people getting randomly hacked like this is a common thing.
    If they could hack everyone, then why they hack only poor players with just under 100dls while they could hack Jamew7, BenBarrage and who knows how many others. So yeah, using AAP, have 2 step verify in your mail, use your gt mail for only for gt and never tell this mail to anyone, and you would be safe. Or if not, then i need fear too.

and pass needs to be 12 marks long and have BIG and small letters and numbers in it, randomly. Make pass like this: STr0nGP@5s72
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE