Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standard Farming vs. Roots Farming

Default Standard Farming vs. Roots Farming

With the introductory of roots, thy serve a purpose to be a contender to farming. This thread will show a short comparison of the two.

High Tech Block (rarity 69) and Growtopia-Eating Looming Plant (rarity 68) are close in rarity, both farmable.

High Tech Block drops a range of 0-18 gems per tree harvest and block broken.
    Looming Plant drops 0 gems per tree harvest and block broken, however, it drops a range of 24-40 gems on Root Level 5 harvest.

So for High Tech Block to be on par, you would have to farm High Tech Block 5 times - this would give a range of 0-36 gems multiplied by 5 which equals a range of 0-180 gems.
    > 0-36 as you harvest trees and break blocks.

A range of 0-180 gems per block compared to 24-40 gems per block after 5 harvests seems off-putting.

Roots do not seem to be a contender to farming as realistically it IS farming and is a variant of such. With the necessary set up and yield only after 5 complete harvests, j believe the gem and XP yield should be greater than that of standard farming, especially as it is considered long term farming.

This was a quick comparison, most presumably errors will be apparent and of course these values are assumptions and are not on large scale.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Squire

Default ..

All of the items that actually come from the roots have a high value for now, and the headband will stay at about 5 world locks, but the hood will fall to 2 per 1 WL easily.

Farming the roots will be the biggest thing for the next 2 weeks maybe, and then it will just drop like magic bells.
    PERM BANNED /

Quote Originally Posted by AmigoGT View Post
    All of the items that actually come from the roots have a high value for now, and the headband will stay at about 5 world locks, but the hood will fall to 2 per 1 WL easily.

Farming the roots will be the biggest thing for the next 2 weeks maybe, and then it will just drop like magic bells.
    There is very little use of the roots since they will become common (as it’s meant to be farmed in large quantities) and none of the recipe requires large amounts of roots so thus they will end up being like science clothing. Nothing desirable with roots that are challenging to get or difficult to obtain.

The feature seems promising, it just needs tweaking. However, the usefulness of root cuttings is poor. They require recipes that uses them in bulks and such so that they are not simply worthless. The actual farming aspect to this and gem source needs to be tweaked and/or buffed.

The blocks that we got out of this update is amazing though - I love each and every one of them.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

I absolutely don't understand how they manage to call this balanced and insist on the term. Let's do some statistics/balancing/designing

1,000 Fish Tanks trees broken & 3,750 blocks earned from trees & broken
    Code:
    11 = max gem drop from ftank
    5.5 = 11 / 2 = avg gem drop

~4,000 gems (from trees) 
    ~20,625 (3,750 * 5.5) (from blocks)
    at least 24,625 gems (left over blocks not broken! could be even more gems...)
    Growth of fish tanks is roughly 10.86% per cycle

Code:
    5 cycles
    -49,250 (+26,742)
    -78,291 (+29,041)
    -109,829 (+31,538)
    -144,079 (+34,250)
    So AT LEAST 144k gems earned by farming fish tanks manually.

For roots, blocks/trees do not drop any gems at all. we'll take the closest item that matches the rarity of fish tanks. Conveniently, corpse flowers are rarity 42. They drop minimum 24 to 35 gems when their roots are ready.

We start with a base 1k trees. Anything bonus could be considered, but will be offset to the rest of the farm due to root cycles. Due to this we will not consider the bonus blocks in this scenario.

So we can sum it as:

Code:
    35 - 24 = 11 (difference between min max)
    11 / 2 = 5.5 (half)
    24 + 5.5 or 35 - 5.5 = 29.5 (average of gems per root harvested)
    1,000 * 29.5 = 29,500
    A ~4,88x downgrade. Balanced?... I think not.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I absolutely don't understand how they manage to call this balanced and insist on the term. Let's do some statistics/balancing/designing

Code:

~4,000 gems (from trees) 

Code:
    5 cycles
    -49,250 (+26,742)
    -78,291 (+29,041)
    -109,829 (+31,538)
    -144,079 (+34,250)

For roots, blocks/trees do not drop any gems at all. we'll take the closest item that matches the rarity of fish tanks. Conveniently, corpse flowers are rarity 42. They drop minimum 24 to 35 gems when their roots are ready.

We start with a base 1k trees. Anything bonus could be considered, but will be offset to the rest of the farm due to root cycles. Due to this we will not consider the bonus blocks in this scenario.

So we can sum it as:

Code:
    11 / 2 = 5.5 (half)
    1,000 * 29.5 = 29,500
    I dont see the meaning of this but i guess its usefull

Quote Originally Posted by -LI0NE- View Post
    I dont see the meaning of this but i guess its usefull
    He sayin the new farmables suck.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

https://media.giphy.com/media/3htHnt...0Al7/giphy.gif

IGN: IHasName

Agree, I hope the devs read this.

Buff buff buff

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post

Code:

~4,000 gems (from trees) 

Code:
    5 cycles
    -49,250 (+26,742)
    -78,291 (+29,041)
    -109,829 (+31,538)
    -144,079 (+34,250)

So we can sum it as:

Code:
    11 / 2 = 5.5 (half)
    1,000 * 29.5 = 29,500
    Well... if you believe all roots don’t give gems .... you still have things to explore in roots to evaluate the balance and returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    With the introductory of roots, thy serve a purpose to be a contender to farming. This thread will show a short comparison of the two.

High Tech Block (rarity 69) and Growtopia-Eating Looming Plant (rarity 68) are close in rarity, both farmable.

Looming Plant drops 0 gems per tree harvest and block broken, however, it drops a range of 24-40 gems on Root Level 5 harvest.

So for High Tech Block to be on par, you would have to farm High Tech Block 5 times - this would give a range of 0-36 gems multiplied by 5 which equals a range of 0-180 gems.

A range of 0-180 gems per block compared to 24-40 gems per block after 5 harvests seems off-putting.

Roots do not seem to be a contender to farming as realistically it IS farming and is a variant of such. With the necessary set up and yield only after 5 complete harvests, j believe the gem and XP yield should be greater than that of standard farming, especially as it is considered long term farming.

This was a quick comparison, most presumably errors will be apparent and of course these values are assumptions and are not on large scale.
    bröther, ai can haz sum rööts?
    discord tag: BuffaloBom#6062
    my discord server
    add me on roblox

https://i.imgur.com/osGGO0T.png
    B I T E L Y M P I C S 2 0 2 0

F O R U M E R G A M E S

Lesser Knight

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post

TBH i dont know what is the point of this opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Dhanas View Post
    TBH i dont know what is the point of this opinion
    That's not opinion. That is comparison between Root items and HTB. He said HTB give more gems if compared with root items.
    Son Of A Cussing Cuss Word!

I think the situation changes when you take tesseract manipulators into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
    I think the situation changes when you take tesseract manipulators into consideration.
    You still lose gems

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
    That item is horrible
    May or may not have trolled you in a horrible way

I love spikey hair!

Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    Well... if you believe all roots don’t give gems .... you still have things to explore in roots to evaluate the balance and returns.
    I have gone through every single bountiful item; none of them seems to drop gems, only the roots as I wrote; never said all roots don't give gems? Only stated that blocks/trees don't.
    I don't think that really changes anything unless there's some clear mechanic everyone has missed which I highly doubt.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Time is an extremely important factor you're missing. It's not just about gems returned - it's also time invested, both in terms of tree growth as well as placement and breaking. All bountiful roots are farmable, but not all bountiful roots are straight-up better than their non-bountiful equivalents. It's up to you guys to find the long-term gains, because you have to amortize not only upfront costs but also time investments over weeks and months.

Roots are not here to make you a quick buck. They are here to provide a patient and more farsighted alternative to the current farming loop. We will, of course, be keeping an eye on things and provide buffs if needed, but only after enough time has passed to get an idea of how the long-term investors in this new system are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by altaccount View Post
    You still lose gems
    Yeah, the ones you pay to use the machine. I'm wondering if letting the machine break 100 seeds worth of the rarest farmable 5 times costs less than the payout from harvesting the 100 roots.

If not, you still get the extra farmables to sell/recycle.
    Last edited by Lollipopper; 07-12-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Time is an extremely important factor you're missing. It's not just about gems returned - it's also time invested, both in terms of tree growth as well as placement and breaking. All bountiful roots are farmable, but not all bountiful roots are straight-up better than their non-bountiful equivalents. It's up to you guys to find the long-term gains, because you have to amortize not only upfront costs but also time investments over weeks and months.

Roots are not here to make you a quick buck. They are here to provide a patient and more farsighted alternative to the current farming loop. We will, of course, be keeping an eye on things and provide buffs if needed, but only after enough time has passed to get an idea of how the long-term investors in this new system are doing.
    what about the actual roots? they're pretty much useless, soon there will be an insane amount of supply in the game but nothing to use them on.
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Coolztopia View Post
    That's not opinion. That is comparison between Root items and HTB. He said HTB give more gems if compared with root items.
    Yea comparison and i see it as an opinion of a comparising of normal farming and root (I have a bad english you know?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post

SPENT 3 Days for a single root hmmm... And i need at least 3 of them to make a new item