Thread: Suggestion to stop Data Miners but this has probably been done...

Lesser Knight

Default Suggestion to stop Data Miners but this has probably been done...

If you dont know Data Miners are the people using some kind of hack to know the new items earlier than expected to get the BUY+ worlds but I think I have a solution but this is probably a bad idea since it will do more work for mods and btw this has already been done from buymagplant but for some reason mods stopped doing it...

So the idea is the mods will make a world that is similar to world NEWS but since this mod world is owned by mods all the new items and updates are already in this world so the players will not have to wait for days after the update to know the new items but the all of the new "BUY+ worlds" are gonna be owned by mods too and will just give it away randomly like what they did with BUYMAGPLANT

Quote Originally Posted by CodesProfit View Post
    If you dont know Data Miners are the people using some kind of hack to know the new items earlier than expected to get the BUY+ worlds but I think I have a solution but this is probably a bad idea since it will do more work for mods and btw this has already been done from buymagplant but for some reason mods stopped doing it...

So the idea is the mods will make a world that is similar to world NEWS but since this mod world is owned by mods all the new items and updates are already in this world so the players will not have to wait for days after the update to know the new items but the all of the new "BUY+ worlds" are gonna be owned by mods too and will just give it away randomly like what they did with BUYMAGPLANT
    I disagree, I don't do this way of profit, but this would be unfair to those who actually found the items first (either with the use of SOGs or recipes) also, moderators are to enforce and punish rule-breakers - not own some type of news world with all of the new items. I don't think revealing all the new items will really solve the problem, it will only ruin excitement for the players.

What can be done, however, is for moderators who check worlds that have been reported to be from datamining as I'm sure they have logs of what time the world was locked, which would be a valid reason for a developer to take the world.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Viju View Post
    I disagree, I don't do this way of profit, but this would be unfair to those who actually found the items first (either with the use of SOGs or recipes) also, moderators are to enforce and punish rule-breakers - not own some type of news world with all of the new items. I don't think revealing all the new items will really solve the problem, it will only ruin excitement for the players.

What can be done, however, is for moderators who check worlds that have been reported to be from datamining as I'm sure they have logs of what time the world was locked, which would be a valid reason for a developer to take the world.

youre right about the mods making a NEWS type of world because some updates have a secretive items like chicken plows and and gross update items but when the item is secretive and hard to find data miners will have more time to get the BUY+ world so....