Thread: Hacked Again. Quitting for a few

Unhappy Hacked Again. Quitting for a few

Not even a year later, I've been hacked once again. 187 wls and 50 whole growtokens gone. Basically 40+ days of my life I'll never get back \/(._.) \/.

I discovered that I was hacked when I was doing a chef quest for growtokens. I used up 2 chef coins and looked in my inventory. I realized I only had 4 growtokens. I was shocked. I knew I had more than 3 Growtokens. I then did /status to see the last world I visited.
    One of the worlds listed were not familiar with me. And I can't say the name because idk if that's singling out. Anywho, I then realized that all my wls were gone while scrolling up my inventory.

At least the hacker didn't recycle my ak, rainbow wings, and untradeable items.

(And no I can't change my password because I used a fake email address when I created my account. I don't know how to link my current email address to my account so don't bark at me)

Since Growtopia is a magnet to me, I might return in a week or two. Maybe less. But then there's my geometry dash level... Yikes.

I swear to God if anyone gets sad over this I will yeet them. (Yeets nobody)

Welp, it's time for my catchphrase... Carc

(Carc is a typo I made while typing card so don't worry about it being inappropriate)

(Forgot to mention, I'll still be active on the forums.)
    IGN: ProbablySeth
    Growtopian National Anthem:

And now a quote from yours truly...

My 8th grade teacher

You're thinking outside the box. But what you didn't know, Is that there is no box.

Sorry to hear that you've been hacked. Goodbye and best of luck with your real life! .
    IGN - MineDeath
    Been Playing since 2015

A growtopian with funny dreams! .

Twice the pride, double the fall!.
    Instagram:
    Tap me!

Master Sorcerer just one growtopian's Avatar

Why on earth do people use fake email addresses? It literally takes a few minutes to create a Gmail account.
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."

-Bill Watterson

Banned

Transfer your remaining items to an alt or something

Quote Originally Posted by just one growtopian View Post
    Why on earth do people use fake email addresses? It literally takes a few minutes to create a Gmail account.
    I mean... I was young when I made the account :lul:
    IGN: ProbablySeth
    Growtopian National Anthem:

And now a quote from yours truly...

My 8th grade teacher

You're thinking outside the box. But what you didn't know, Is that there is no box.

Lesser Wizard Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fredbear489 View Post
    I then did /status to see the last world I visited.
    One of the worlds listed were not familiar with me. And I can't say the name because idk if that's singling out.
    The rule only applies to players, not worlds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by just one growtopian View Post
    Ikr, that's something they're fixing in the future, this is also an advantage for spammers since they don't have to use real emails.
    May or may not have trolled you in a horrible way

Best way to not get hacked again is make a new account with accessable email and turn on the two-authenticator for that account. Anyway, have fun and best of luck with your rl !!! We will see you again
    Last edited by AngeIGirl; 07-14-2019 at 09:14 AM. Reason: misread
    Current IGN: Araisa
    About me:
    Growtopian since May of 2013
    Old IGN: AngeiGirl / AngeIGirl

Social Medias:
    Instagram : AraisaGT

Quote Originally Posted by AngeIGirl View Post
    Maybe you should try turning on your two-authenticator next time in order to avoid getting hacked...Anyway, have fun and best of luck with your rl !!! We will see you again
    Like he said, he used a fake email account.

Anyways, just use a new account with a legitimate email and then turn on 2-FA so your account can be safe.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

It's sad to see my good friend getting hacked, Fred.

I hope you'll come back someday, please do!

Make a new account with real email and use AAP, and transfer your items, as Viju said.
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Quote Originally Posted by Fredbear489 View Post
    Not even a year later, I've been hacked once again. 187 wls and 50 whole growtokens gone. Basically 40+ days of my life I'll never get back \/(._.) \/.

I discovered that I was hacked when I was doing a chef quest for growtokens. I used up 2 chef coins and looked in my inventory. I realized I only had 4 growtokens. I was shocked. I knew I had more than 3 Growtokens. I then did /status to see the last world I visited.
    One of the worlds listed were not familiar with me. And I can't say the name because idk if that's singling out. Anywho, I then realized that all my wls were gone while scrolling up my inventory.

At least the hacker didn't recycle my ak, rainbow wings, and untradeable items.

(And no I can't change my password because I used a fake email address when I created my account. I don't know how to link my current email address to my account so don't bark at me)

Since Growtopia is a magnet to me, I might return in a week or two. Maybe less. But then there's my geometry dash level... Yikes.

I swear to God if anyone gets sad over this I will yeet them. (Yeets nobody)

Welp, it's time for my catchphrase... Carc

(Carc is a typo I made while typing card so don't worry about it being inappropriate)

(Forgot to mention, I'll still be active on the forums.)
    Good luck with your real life and don't give your password out don't download any suspicious apps on your pc and never use fake emails to create an account somewhere... So when you get back just change account because if you keep using the same the hacker will come back to get more wls when you get more...
    Level: 68/125 ?
    Stations: 4k/?
    Chandelier Farms: 2/?
    Focused Eyes: Yes
    Golden Pickaxe: No 18/200
    Main Worlds: RafailStation, RafailFtank

Lesser Wizard

Nooo this is so unfair against you!! Well anyway hopefully I'll see you soon
    Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Sad to see you go even if it’s for a little while. Hopefully all gets better though, you can always send me a private message if you ever need any help! Having your growtokens recycled sucks, I’d rather lose 100+ WLs than getting 50 tokens recycled..
    “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement”

Hey man! Happened to me too. My tip is to make another account and use your real email this time. Transfer your stuff, activate AAP, and then move on.

Things like this could've been avoided, but without this happening you may never learn from your mistake. So i say stand strong! Hope you the best

Don't go, we are not friends I want to be friends with you!
    Join Forumers United, Join now!
    IGN: BEAJ Discord: Toby#4000
    Visit ForumersUnited Today!

Banned

If you ever wanna play again DM me and ill help you.