Thread: The new chat bar rant

Banned

Default The new chat bar rant

Okay. I admit that new updates are none of my business since I don't play but isn't it a bit disrespectful to change the CHATBAR?
    Like, you've already revamped some good old things.Why would you change the chatbar too? BTW if you disagree you can tell me why KINDLY.
    Have a nice day.

For a better experience?
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    For a better experience?
    but its basically the same thing but just more ugly and they take away speaking in colors from us
    its only a step backwards
    hi all

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    but its basically the same thing but just more ugly and they take away speaking in colors from us
    My thoughts exactly. If at least they chose better colours perhaps it wouldn't be so ugly.

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    They say its to reduce fake msgs. THEN JUST REMOVE RED AND ORANGE LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If at least they chose better colours perhaps it wouldn't be so ugly.
    Its 100% not the final state. Lets not judge too much until we see it implemented.
    IGN: Imunity

Don't worry, it's not the final state, as Starkos said before!
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    Its 100% not the final state. Lets not judge too much until we see it implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    You know well when they say it's "not the final state" it just means they're gonna make a minor, practically unnoticeable change and leave it at that.

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Lesser Knight

Starkos said that is a really really really early design and that it will definitely change. No point in ranting at it now.

Besides, I like the update. Sure, colours are gone, but they did say that it's to reduce scams and stuff. Everything else seems perfectly fine. Don't wanna see those damned "BUY PEPPER" sbs but still wanna see if you're getting any messages? Switch to the Messages tab! How about you lately were looking to buy something but the chat's getting spammed by the current giveaway world? Switch to the Broadcast tab! Wanna see the latest nuked worlds and scammers banned into oblivion? Switch to the Admin tab! Wanna see all the chaos at once? Switch to the All tab. See? Amazing organization.

This is clearly an unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway: The fact that colours are gone doesn't really matter.

Besides! We might even get to see Chat Groups with this update! How amazing is that?!
    Been playing for 3 years. Still broke.
    But I'm getting there.
    GrowID: TheEBBGaming

Quote Originally Posted by TheEBBGaming View Post
    Starkos said that is a really really really early design and that it will definitely change. No point in ranting at it now.

Besides, I like the update. Sure, colours are gone, but they did say that it's to reduce scams and stuff. Everything else seems perfectly fine. Don't wanna see those damned "BUY PEPPER" sbs but still wanna see if you're getting any messages? Switch to the Messages tab! How about you lately were looking to buy something but the chat's getting spammed by the current giveaway world? Switch to the Broadcast tab! Wanna see the latest nuked worlds and scammers banned into oblivion? Switch to the Admin tab! Wanna see all the chaos at once? Switch to the All tab. See? Amazing organization.

This is clearly an unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway: The fact that colours are gone doesn't really matter.

Besides! We might even get to see Chat Groups with this update! How amazing is that?!
    Well said. Those tabs sound really promising.
    IGN: Imunity

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    I don't really worry for myself since the game doesn't matter to me.
    I worry for OGs out here who loves the old stuff.
    Would you like to have your turtle hat replaced with something very ugly and looks so new? (lost its OG theme, couldn't explain for some reason)
    I guess you say no.
    You should empathize.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy that you liked the update even if I disagreed. I unironically hope it makes the game something bigger.

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wormly View Post
    Okay. I admit that new updates are none of my business since I don't play but isn't it a bit disrespectful to change the CHATBAR?
    Like, you've already revamped some good old things.Why would you change the chatbar too? BTW if you disagree you can tell me why KINDLY.
    Have a nice day.
    Disrespectful? They're improving the chat bar for everyone's user experience, the chat bar has always been messy, things change for the better, they're not going to keep the same old stuff just for nostalgia. Having to backspace has also been annoying and they're finally fixing that. The old chat bar is in no way perfect or good. You may not like the design, but it's not how it will look when released, they will still make changes and settle on a design everyone will like. The removal of the colour isn't that bad as the only time people really use them is for signs or boards and I would actually have kept them just for that. The new design would also make the phishing broadcast less convincing, hmmm, colours. I'm also looking forward to them removing the ability to sb with freenom site addresses like .ml and .cf . Come on you already blocked it in normal chat, block it in broadcasts too.
    May or may not have trolled you in a horrible way

I love spikey hair!

hopefully we'll be able to chat in color still.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

You know well when they say it's "not the final state" it just means they're gonna make a minor, practically unnoticeable change and leave it at that.
    So you're saying that an edit in powerpoint will probably end up looking the same when implemented into the game
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old

Default Disagree

If you’re getting so disturbed with sb spam go ahead and use very usefull 2013 comand called /radio (in case you didnt heard about it). This is **** organization , ugly colours . Why they changed „Private Massege from” on [P] from or „Super broadcast” on [SB]? How new player should know what P is? Btw /sb will now be useless because everybody will just switch it off so you cant make your world populr anymore , nice move ubisoft . So disrespectful to change old things ,i mean more messege space and edit possibility is cool , but its not necessery to change good design on bad, i would understand if there would be voting that would ask do we need this ugly chat or no, but nah , because of few nerds that „decided so” we will have to play without sb’s and colours. Max players online (72,000) was at 2016 (even before ubisoft) , now it is usually like 19,000 , sp great move , killing game even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Afanasy View Post
    If you’re getting so disturbed with sb spam go ahead and use very usefull 2013 comand called /radio (in case you didnt heard about it). This is **** organization , ugly colours . Why they changed „Private Massege from” on [P] from or „Super broadcast” on [SB]? How new player should know what P is? Btw /sb will now be useless because everybody will just switch it off so you cant make your world populr anymore , nice move ubisoft . So disrespectful to change old things ,i mean more messege space and edit possibility is cool , but its not necessery to change good design on bad, i would understand if there would be voting that would ask do we need this ugly chat or no, but nah , because of few nerds that „decided so” we will have to play without sb’s and colours. Max players online (72,000) was at 2016 (even before ubisoft) , now it is usually like 19,000 , sp great move , killing game even more!
    Yeah why do they even have iPhone 10, the first one was the best.. They're really good at ruining things, huh?
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Afanasy View Post
    Seriously?72.000 player?Now?
    No please the server will explode

I dont know whats wrong but,back at that time when there are 72k player online,the server are normal, no lag issue.
    Now,once its hit 35k player online,its become so laggy and crashing every minute
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful item block/seed/root at BountifulShop \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10