Thread: What do you for in a WOTD?

Default What do you for in a WOTD?

Title mostly says it. I'm planning on converting one of my unfinished projects into one of it when I have the time.

I don't plan on making pixel art, I would like to focus more on storyline, and a moderate parkour. Unsure if I should add in some adventure items to open all those doors etc. Should I?
    Also, quick question to add on, how important would you rate decorations such as clothes on mannequins, small aesthetics such as lamps on tables from 1-10.

Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post
    Title mostly says it. I'm planning on converting one of my unfinished projects into one of it when I have the time.

I don't plan on making pixel art, I would like to focus more on storyline, and a moderate parkour. Unsure if I should add in some adventure items to open all those doors etc. Should I?
    Also, quick question to add on, how important would you rate decorations such as clothes on mannequins, small aesthetics such as lamps on tables from 1-10.

Adventure items definitely will help your odds of winning. For the decorations, you should definitely add some, just don’t overdecorate. Make it natural!
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 72

Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post

As a “veteran” world creator myself, I definitely think you should go for it and finish your project. I remember the first time I ever tried making a WOTD world. I was incredibly naive and inexperienced, obviously. As I made more and more worlds, though, I kept improving and now I’m currently on 16 WOTDS, so I know a thing or two about what kinds of features improve your chances of winning.

Storyline and parkour are definitely a main part of most worlds nowadays, and I recommend adding them to your world if you can. Try and develop your story as much as you can, too. Although very few players take the time to read stories, NekoRei does. Also, parkour is basically a requirement for all WOTD worlds, so if your goal is to win, creating a creative parkour is certainly advised. Adding things like adventure items along the way increases your odds as well.

Last, but certainly not least, design is incredibly important. I am a huge design guy, which is why most of my worlds are more focused towards being aesthetically pleasing as opposed to having good gameplay. All the little things, such as lamps, flowers and other decorations really do make a difference, and I can’t possibly stress that enough.

Anyway, I hope you take some of my advice and finish your world. I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing it!
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

I create a parkour world with loads of adventure items. For some reason, the community really digs that. But its always hard placing down the spikes cause I always end up dying in the process.(Not very fun.).
    IGN - MineDeath
    As long as there's those who remember what was, there will be those who deny what can be.
    Instagram:
    Tap me!

You can make puzzles, parkours (with a storyline ofc) and more. It's really down to you. Nowadays many people win WOTDs without having a single mannequin in their world, you can use them in certain places. Also; make sure that one part of the world isn't extremely decorated while another part is completely bland. Adventure items really help.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

There's NekoRei's thread here with all requirements.

Good luck with your world!
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Nice and cozy decoration.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Sure, you can do and build anything in your world as long as you are natural. Decorations and designs could be necessary as they give the world a better and a realistic look. Don't worry if you are not yet skilled on building, skills improve time to time. Goodluck on your world!
    Hello there, enjoy your day.