Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [MERGED] Why Growtopia Console and Mobile/PC Not Crossplay?

Default Why would you make the console versions non cross play

Now there are two versions of Growtopia, you missed a big opportunity. Noone who plays on pc/mobile will play on console now because there is no cross play...
    Wassup

Console crossplays with console...
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 64
    Gems: 263k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    Console crossplays with console...
    Did you read the post

Its a fresh start itll be better ig.
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 64
    Gems: 263k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Of course you say that, you locked BUYGHC and other rare names lol
    Wassup

Quote Originally Posted by Epikur View Post
    Of course you say that, you locked BUYGHC and other rare names lol
    We are saving the community from toxicness 😂😂😂

Jkkkk
    IGN: YoMattty
    Discord: Matty#3632
    Currently Working on GrowMarket
    My Community Server: https://discord.gg/6ZbrUvs

At least it isn't PS4 who can't even connect with anything that isn't another PS4.

Hopefullyyyyyy they implement crossplay in the far future?
    Starkos? More like Starcos.

Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

Banned

Tf did they screw up. There are now 3 versions of Growtopia...
    I mean, shake your lazy asses a little bit and let everyone play on whichever platform he likes with anyone from any other platform.

The Console FAQ is a pure mess.

Master Sorcerer

A fresh start is a good idea, not letting most of the players play there is not.

now we livin' on earth 366 and the xbox and switch will be live on earth 616

the ps4 still livin on 2013
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Quote Originally Posted by myLocation View Post
    now we livin' on earth 366 and the xbox and switch will be live on earth 616

the ps4 still livin on 2013
    Hey guys! Quick note: We really wanted to have unified cross-play on all three consoles, but it simply wasn't available on PS4 when we began developing the console versions, and even now it's very, very difficult to get them to approve it. We'll keep investigating it as a possibility for the future, but trying to add it at this stage would have meant an uncertain (but not insignificant) delay for all versions.

On the plus side, more servers means interesting new economic opportunities and communities - and yes, we are committed to supporting all versions of Growtopia. We love this game and want to ensure it continues to thrive - everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Hey guys! Quick note: We really wanted to have unified cross-play on all three consoles, but it simply wasn't available on PS4 when we began developing the console versions, and even now it's very, very difficult to get them to approve it. We'll keep investigating it as a possibility for the future, but trying to add it at this stage would have meant an uncertain (but not insignificant) delay for all versions.

On the plus side, more servers means interesting new economic opportunities and communities - and yes, we are committed to supporting all versions of Growtopia. We love this game and want to ensure it continues to thrive - everywhere!
    Wouldn’t it be better to just release it for Xbox and Switch first? This is just going to double your work maintaining the servers and such.

Thumbs down [MERGED] Why Growtopia Console and Mobile/PC Not Crossplay?

Well ubisoft, nice that gt is now on console but you realy disepointed us by no crossplay. Why? First of Mobile/pc is looseing people every day we down from 50k prime time players to 30k. When you gona fix that problem? The game is consol only and we gona loose even more people on pc/Mobile. Secound what u all gona do on people who gona copy other people? Not wanna hear all the draama about scammers and bots on console same name on pc. We need more new people on pc/Mobile when you gona promote the game or improve that we Get more players? Or fix the huge lagg? For players who dont live next to the server? Looks like you run console servers on same servers because the lagg is even worse now. And overall nice that some countrys like australia can lock all worlds before others

Nice promotion ubisoft. Wait for 18th july! Pfffff please fix your mistakes and dont make it more worse.
    Last edited by MrIStar; 07-17-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah GT is actually using players prime time now is like 38k and 42k max on weekends kinda sad

I think it's mainly caused by the lack of advertising, the massive ban waves and hackers tbh.
    Sample text

Horrible idea from Ubisoft. They probably thought they could pull it off because Minecraft did it with Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock. The difference is that Growtopia is a MMO game and items in this game take years to achieve, there will literally be no point in joining this server unless you’re one of the first people to join. Doing this is giving power to a small handful of beginners to own all they want, not to mention a ton of other problems (iotms, etc). This sounds like a joke, never would I think something like this would happen. Good intention, terrible execution.
    IGN: SNOWYFOX

Master Sorcerer just one growtopian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFox View Post
    Horrible idea from Ubisoft. They probably thought they could pull it off because Minecraft did it with Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock. The difference is that Growtopia is a MMO game and items in this game take years to achieve, there will literally be no point in joining this server unless you’re one of the first people to join. Doing this is giving power to a small handful of beginners to own all they want, not to mention a ton of other problems (iotms, etc). This sounds like a joke, never would I think something like this would happen. Good intention, terrible execution.
    Agreed.

Honestly I really don't think the console versions will have even a fraction of the player count of the regular version. There's simply no reason to switch to the console version if you're already playing the normal one.
    Another thing is that the playstyle of GT just simply doesn't work on a console. The idea might look good on a paper (spoiler: it does not) but it's just not gonna work. What I assume will happen is that once the hype has died off, there are a few hundred, maybe even a few thousand online in peak hours and a lot of those are just people who have never played the game before.

Growtopia is just the type of game that just simply works a lot better on mobile and pc than it does on consoles.
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."

-Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFox View Post
    Exactly...
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Thumbs down Growtopia Console version not crossplay?

I don’t get the point why the Growtopia on console is not crossplay with pc/mobile and don’t say its not possible! Fortnite is crossplay with mobile and console and PC! (Not fortnut player btw) so why not work harder little bit to make it possible? Growtopia is MMO and will be bad if there are 3 versions of it... it will be missed up... I don’t think someone will restart again for just playing on console its very bad idea. Better upgrading servers than making new servers for console

Ignore if there is bad grammar please
    IGN: Zarmion

Huge opportunity but they messed it up completely. Now there are 3 different versions of Growtopia (PC/mobile, xbox/switch and ps4). They split up the playerbase and for an economy based game like Growtopia, where worldnames play a huge role this is a disaster. Different servers might work for other mmos but Growtopia is unique and this is just a horrible soution.
    Wassup

Quote Originally Posted by Epikur View Post
    Huge opportunity but they messed it up completely. Now there are 3 different versions of Growtopia (PC/mobile, xbox/switch and ps4). They split up the playerbase and for an economy based game like Growtopia, where worldnames play a huge role this is a disaster. Different servers might work for other mmos but Growtopia is unique and this is just a horrible soution.
    Ikr thats the point what i mean
    IGN: Zarmion