Thread: 'Roots update' speculation...

Default 'Roots update' speculation...

So, for now, the update seems quite vague. It was mentioned that there are different bountiful trees to splice that no one has discovered yet. @Starkos mentioned that the update may grant some competitiveness with farming - Yet, there's no sign of that... hitherto - There have been threads reflecting on how much profit you could make, the time & effort put in, but the real question is: "Is this all the update has to offer? or will this be a continuous update?".
    Long-term farming and investing is complicated, however, like Starkos mentioned:
    if either side of that equation leans too far in one direction, then Roots either becomes unrewarding or waaaay too good.
    and we haven't seen those sides yet, maybe it's because the update isn't competitive against farming or not enough time has passed in order to see these results. I've noticed that all the blocks grant the same amount of XP like our ''normal'' farmables and their respective rarities - A rarity 42 Bountiful corpse plant grants 9 XP and a rarity 42 Fishtank grants 9 XP too - so if they at least double the XP amount of each farmable it'll start to be more competitive, and that's just the first step.

Speculation
    However, this might not be the final product. Some of our questions still haven't been answered and there's probably a good reason why... and that reason might be because the update itself is not complete! here are some of the ideas I've thought of:
    • At least 5 Bountiful blocks will be introduced every update
    • Some updates might require Bountiful roots to create new items
    • There might be special days that these farmables might do something different
    • During harvest festival the bountiful trees/roots may grant better prizes/mooncakes
    • They'll introduce items that you can make with the roots that will grant a better farming experience (With the bountiful blocks and normal farmables) Example: Bountiful pickaxe - Grants a 10% chance to drop gems while breaking a bountiful block but won't work on 'normal' farmables
    • Items that'll grant even more XP while breaking bountiful blocks

TL;DR They'll possibly add more Bountiful blocks every update, some better items to make that'll help us farm & some updates will require these new farmables.
    I live inside my own world of make-believe.

Certainly all interesting speculations...

I do hope that more bountiful items will be added/edited because anyone would know that giving the same amount of xp and like 1/10 the gems (harvesting and breaking) does not compete with normal farmables like they've previously stated
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

I am the memelord

End goal: Try out every part of gt

Quote Originally Posted by luckygemss View Post
    So, for now, the update seems quite vague. It was mentioned that there are different bountiful trees to splice that no one has discovered yet. @Starkos mentioned that the update may grant some competitiveness with farming - Yet, there's no sign of that... hitherto - There have been threads reflecting on how much profit you could make, the time & effort put in, but the real question is: "Is this all the update has to offer? or will this be a continuous update?".
    Long-term farming and investing is complicated, however, like Starkos mentioned: and we haven't seen those sides yet, maybe it's because the update isn't competitive against farming or not enough time has passed in order to see these results. I've noticed that all the blocks grant the same amount of XP like our ''normal'' farmables and their respective rarities - A rarity 42 Bountiful corpse plant grants 9 XP and a rarity 42 Fishtank grants 9 XP too - so if they at least double the XP amount of each farmable it'll start to be more competitive, and that's just the first step.

Speculation
    However, this might not be the final product. Some of our questions still haven't been answered and there's probably a good reason why... and that reason might be because the update itself is not complete! here are some of the ideas I've thought of:
    • At least 5 Bountiful blocks will be introduced every update
    • Some updates might require Bountiful roots to create new items
    • There might be special days that these farmables might do something different
    • During harvest festival the bountiful trees/roots may grant better prizes/mooncakes
    • They'll introduce items that you can make with the roots that will grant a better farming experience (With the bountiful blocks and normal farmables) Example: Bountiful pickaxe - Grants a 10% chance to drop gems while breaking a bountiful block but won't work on 'normal' farmables
    • Items that'll grant even more XP while breaking bountiful blocks

TL;DR They'll possibly add more Bountiful blocks every update, some better items to make that'll help us farm & some updates will require these new farmables.
    Hi,

Thanks for interesting points. We do intend to keep adding on to the Roots features with new items etc.

There are 4 old splices you can do to create the first level of Bountiful Trees (the trees you get in the Bountiful Blast).

For XP, when you harvest Mature Roots, you will get a considerable amount of XP back.

interesting, maybe we could see a Bountiful mooncake on harvestfest? Because as of now there's pretty much nothing Roots really has over traditional farming
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism