Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused by Ubisoft's choices

Master Sorcerer

Default Confused by Ubisoft's choices

How was adding console exclusive items okay? Having Ubisoft rewards for console but not PC/mobile??? It's making the game unfair for everyone NOT on console. I just want to know what they're thinking because they've barely explained anything that we want to know. In my eyes, they want money and having 2 NEW servers along with paid ubisoft rewards is a giant money grab to people both with and without consoles.
    IGN: Contagion

I am confused too it's very BAD!
    IGN: Zarmion

Quote Originally Posted by kwj340 View Post
    How was adding console exclusive items okay? Having Ubisoft rewards for console but not PC/mobile??? It's making the game unfair for everyone NOT on console. I just want to know what they're thinking because they've barely explained anything that we want to know. In my eyes, they want money and having 2 NEW servers along with paid ubisoft rewards is a giant money grab to people both with and without consoles.
    Well the Ubisoft Club Rewards won’t transfer over to PC/Mobile so I think it’s balanced. I don’t think the items are too good but the 9,000 gems reward is necessary for new players and a growing economy.
    IGN: Severed
    Lvl: 50
    Account Created: May 19, 2013
    1200+ Hours Played
    Main World: NC9G
    Goals
    Achieve 1 DL [Complete]
    Achieve 10 DLS
    Complete a Ring Quest [Step 8/10]
    Buy 2 Magplants/Make BFG World
    Complete a Legendary Quest
    Sponsor an Item

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Severed1 View Post
    Well the Ubisoft Club Rewards won’t transfer over to PC/Mobile so I think it’s balanced. I don’t think the items are too good but the 9,000 gems reward is necessary for new players and a growing economy.
    That's what I'm saying; console exclusive items aren't fair at all. People that want those items can't have them because they aren't using the right device?? The items don't have to be good, it's still not fair all around.

And it seems unfair to Nintendo Switch players because Xbox One players get 800 gems every day.

Saying Sony doesn't allow crossplay was a bad excuse because PS4 version was going to have its own server anyway. Xbox and Switch version should use PC/Mobile servers.
    GrowID: ChickyBro
    Xbox Live/Ubisoft: RealChickyBro

Instagram: @realchickybro

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBro View Post
    And it seems unfair to Nintendo Switch players because Xbox One players get 800 gems every day.

Saying Sony doesn't allow cross-play was a bad excuse because PS4 version was going to have its own server anyway. Xbox and Switch version should use PC/Mobile servers.
    The main servers can't handle two other consoles.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBro View Post

Saying Sony doesn't allow crossplay was a bad excuse because PS4 version was going to have its own server anyway. Xbox and Switch version should use PC/Mobile servers.
    Xbox and Switch should be cross platform with mobile/pc servers. Ps4 honestly shouldn't even be included since they're so keen on not allowing cross platform, but what do I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    That's why they should've gone back to the basics and fixed the one thing people have BEEN complaining about on pc/mobile; the servers. This is a mess and extremely disappointing. Ubisoft is slowly ruining this game.

I personally see the console exclusive items as an incentive to try out the console servers. As of right now, console Growtopia is a straight downgrade from PC/Mobile Growtopia (Literally, the last update console Growtopia is on is Block Party 2 (April 2019)), so it makes sense for them to have exclusive rewards as an incentive.

Plus, nothing's stopping them from implementing Ubisoft Club to the main server so people on the main can get the items as well in the future.
    Starkos? More like Starcos.

Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Evets1 View Post
    I personally see the console exclusive items as an incentive to try out the console servers. As of right now, console Growtopia is a straight downgrade from PC/Mobile Growtopia (Literally, the last update console Growtopia is on is Block Party 2 (April 2019)), so it makes sense for them to have exclusive rewards as an incentive.

Plus, nothing's stopping them from implementing Ubisoft Club to the main server so people on the main can get the items as well in the future.
    Sure, they could easily implement the ubisoft club to pc/mobile, but they haven't given any incentive on doing so. I personally just don't see console growtopia as a good idea unless Switch and Xbox use same server as mobile/pc, along with Ps4 version not existing as Playstation isn't keen on crossplay.

Maybe the reason they added new items for the 3 console platforms is because they want to encourage people to try playing on consoles? Just a thought.
    “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement”

But it would’ve been a much cheaper option to upgrade their servers. Mobile players are now capped at 45k I guess forever. Now that they have 2 separate servers maybe more including alternate servers, they have more jobs to do. Maybe they have a whole seperate team for the console version but I think a combined server is a much better option.

I do however like that everything’s freshly new for the console players but they should’ve named it a different version of Growtopia like Growtopia Lite so they could increase more popularity for the mobile version.

There are like 1,000 console players or less than that right now. I don't think the server won't be able to handle some more amount of players.
    GrowID: ChickyBro
    Xbox Live/Ubisoft: RealChickyBro

Instagram: @realchickybro

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

I generally think it's a unfair advantage to players that k own what they are doing and new players that don't.
    Also unfair on players that have played a long time.
    What happens to our grow IDs? Can they be used?
    What if Xbox and switch users want to cross platform to mobile?

The real question is will mobile and pc ever be allowed onto this new server?
    Loads of people have asked for a new server and they give it to Xbox and switch.

I don't know just seems silly, 1k players on there I bet 90% are old players from mobile I'd love to see the statistics of the new players vrs old players on there because I bet there isn't that many new and the old will be locking world's and the new ones like what the hell!
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Think long term rn we are working from the bottom up JUST like how we did on pc/mobile but with no events along the way it's a good idea in my eyes
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 64
    Gems: 263k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Squire

5dls 5dls 5dls

Me to confused, then i realized that there was other server

Not to be the dunce but,what are these "exclusive rewards"?

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroczy View Post
    Not to be the dunce but,what are these "exclusive rewards"?
    Name:  Logopit_1563444334094.png
Views: 238
Size:  1.32 MB

There are exclusive items such as Unicorn and Energy Drink. You can redeem some items with Ubisoft Club units.
    New console players can redeem 9,000 gems for free via Ubisoft Club.

While it's true that these items make the Console version a little unique but take into account that the PC & Mobile version has plenty that remains unique also! For instance, the IOTMs that probably will not make a come back in the console version.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    While it's true that these items make the Console version a little unique but take into account that the PC & Mobile version has plenty that remains unique also! For instance, the IOTMs that probably will not make a come back in the console version.
    Exactly how I like it , also I got a legendary wizard already (did surgery) and I am up to my PWINGS step , how do I obtain my pwings 🙃 haha jokes aside what would happen in this situation do you reckon I can get pwings somehow? Btw I’m on XBOX servers .
    Hey I’m BlazeZ

Feel free to talk to me

IGN:Ethannethan

XBOX NAME : ETHANNETHAN

Latest Video