Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unannounced guild clash

Default Unannounced guild clash

Many of us were caught offguard by a random server restart bringing the guild clash, many people are left without guilds and have to wait an entire month to score for their guilds - what happened to at least the type of guild event being announced prior so that we can prepare?

Would it have hurted to at least let us know a day prior?
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Yeah, I didn't realize it would be coming so soon and never got a chance to join the guild I was going to join.. great timing
    I like d r a g o n s

Agree. Very unprofessional and surprising move by devs considering that in the past clashes there was a countdown before the first event.
    IGN: Imunity

+1 to this, especially considering we were told the earliest it would be would be the "end of july" in this announcement.
    Thanks,
    -Tehe (IGN)

+1 (10 chars)
    hi im snow how you doin?

100% agree with this thread. Currently in a dead guild right now and Im the only one grinding the points (and some other but they contribute a lil bit). Someone made a thread bout possibly cant have enough tokens to unlock a Branch bcoz of a dead guild causing it just wont work. Its like Metal Gear Solid, but without the alert mechanic makin the game harder
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    We were upfront that Summer Clash would be starting in late July or early August, and beyond that general range, you were given exactly as much preparation time as everyone else - there's no undue advantage here. Everyone is on the same footing. I agree that if some guilds knew ahead of time when the event would be starting, that would be problematic, but that didn't happen.

Remember, things have been rebalanced to be much easier, both for personal as well as guild rewards, which means the true place for potential grinding is going to be in jockeying for position on the leaderboards, and for those, you're all starting at the same point, with the same information.
    well yes but actually no
    hi im snow how you doin?

Lesser Knight

+1 to this one.
    IGN - AMULET
    Level - 125

Visit GOO Daily Free BFG

I agree, I own a non contributing guild and some members leave for a grinding guild to partake and they haven’t been given chance to do so.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Knight

Angry Ooops they did it again...

Great good gods... really? again? How hard is it to communicate with the community?...

Now I'm unable to contribute in the new guild I was planning on joining.. oof
    I like d r a g o n s

That's why you always have to be ready for everything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by IMPARATUL View Post
    That's why you always have to be ready for everything in this game.
    How do you prepare for something that was essentially guaranteed to be a week from now with an announcement in advance?
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Lesser Wizard

Haha.. I have to agree with OP on this..

I do remember @Starkos or @Neko saying this time around, they will give us headsup to prepare for the event..

But hey, I think with all the new activities, this was likely forgotten..

But like OP said, it does help to give heads up especially for guild event since the guild leads need time to get things in order.. this event left out a lot of peeps in uncoordinated fashion.

Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    How do you prepare for something that was essentially guaranteed to be a week from now with an announcement in advance?
    As @Starkos said we may meet new Guild Clash in end of July, we passed 15 July so we are going to end of month. You can check official thread here: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Changes-Ahead!
    Anyway is that hard to prepare? You just need few Diamond Locks and maybe to join a mighty guild. But you were supposed to be in a guild. Or you were not ready for Spring Clash too?
    And what prepare are you talking about? Let me guess, are you a MrSongo fan, the one who prepare for paw from one week ago.

As @Starkos said we may meet new Guild Clash in end of July, we passed 15 July so we are going to end of month.
    thats not how it works

end of the month = last week of july

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

As @Starkos said we may meet new Guild Clash in end of July, we passed 15 July so we are going to end of month. You can check official thread here: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Changes-Ahead!
    Anyway is that hard to prepare? You just need few Diamond Locks and maybe to join a mighty guild. But you were supposed to be in a guild. Or you were not ready for Spring Clash too?
    And what prepare are you talking about? Let me guess, are you a MrSongo fan, the one who prepare for paw from one week ago.
    funny how you're only using what starkos mentioned as a support point,it came without any exact date told,people and they didn't confirmed it'll be out exactly at the end of July
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Haha you gave me a good laugh; no I'm not interested in clickbait, lacklustre YouTube videos.

The main issue is, if a clash just starts randomly without warning and you aren't in the guild you intend to play Clashes in, you will miss a full event of Guild Rewards, and with only 4 events per Clash, that's a really big deal.

Calm down a little, I've read and I read all of the Announcements, it's very inconvenient for the Guild Clashes to be sprung upon us like this all of a sudden.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

We apologize for the unannounced guild clash. Rest assured that we will be announcing the upcoming clashes beforehand in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    We apologize for the unannounced guild clash. Rest assured that we will be announcing the upcoming clashes beforehand in the future.
    how bout upcoming event schedules?

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK