Thread: Angry rant about Growtopia on consoles

Master Sorcerer

Default Angry rant about Growtopia on consoles

DISCLAIMER: THIS RANT IS SAID FROM A 3RD PARTY POV - MEANING I DONT PLAY THE GAME AND I'M MERELY SPECTATING THE EVENTS!

Yesterday I returned from my 2 week absence and the moment I sat my ass in front of the monitor I get told that Growtopia is out on consoles and that there are seperate servers.

"That's pretty cool, always wanted to see how GT would prosper if it was fully reset!" i thought to myself.

Upon further investigation, I lost the last bits of faith I had in the Growtopia community. I play since early 2013. I remember how Growtopia has developed, how the community worked together to further discover the game. I thought I would see something like this here on the fresh server. But instead, I noticed that:

People actually used vpns to be in Australia to be able to lock BUY+ worlds first, or an even worse thing, people bought iAPs to be able to lock BUY+ worlds early.
    All these players rushing to lock these rare names, to get their 'effin shiny pixels is just pathetic.
    You can say i'm salty and you'd probably be right; I expected the community to be less cancerous on a fresh server, and I was soooo wrong. People are just as bad, and they don't really give a crap about anything else but profit, even on a fresh server. Seeing how players focused on enjoying the game back in 2013, and seeing how players today just tryhard-rush to get rare world names is truly ****ing sad.

I heard some people were asking for a reset, and yeah, I think there should be a reset; better yet, I say you only add world-locks to the game after a few days or perhaps a week of server uptime. Growtopia used to not have world locks at first, too! I think that'd help recreate the game, but obviously, that won't be done since the whole "seperate server" thing is a mere cashgrab. Good riddance.

Looking for opinions regarding this, especially from older players. Tell me if you agree or not, i'm very open for discussions! Perhaps you may change my opinion.
    Last edited by houzteR; 07-21-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    Yesterday I returned from my 2 week absence and the moment I sat my ass in front of the monitor I get told that Growtopia is out on consoles and that there are seperate servers.

"That's pretty cool, always wanted to see how GT would prosper if it was fully reset!" i thought to myself.

Upon further investigation, I lost the last bits of faith I had in the Growtopia community. I play since early 2013. I remember how Growtopia has developed, how the community worked together to further discover the game. I thought I would see something like this here on the fresh server. But instead, I noticed that:

People actually used vpns to be in Australia to be able to lock BUY+ worlds first, or an even worse thing, people bought iAPs to be able to lock BUY+ worlds early.
    All these players rushing to lock these rare names, to get their 'effin shiny pixels is just pathetic.
    You can say i'm salty and you'd probably be right; I expected the community to be less cancerous on a fresh server, and I was soooo wrong. People are just as bad, and they don't really give a crap about anything else but profit, even on a fresh server. Seeing how players focused on enjoying the game back in 2013, and seeing how players today just tryhard-rush to get rare world names is truly ****ing sad.

I heard some people were asking for a reset, and yeah, I think there should be a reset; better yet, I say you only add world-locks to the game after a few days or perhaps a week of server uptime. Growtopia used to not have world locks at first, too! I think that'd help recreate the game, but obviously, that won't be done since the whole "seperate server" thing is a mere cashgrab. Good riddance.

Looking for opinions regarding this, especially from older players. Tell me if you agree or not, i'm very open for discussions! Perhaps you may change my opinion.
    You’re just angry because you didn’t lock any of the BUY+ worlds. There are people who are still enjoying the game and working hard, for example I am and many others are mass producing sugar canes to get started. I also plan to make a parkour world soon but that’s for later.

Just because some people want profit doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the game, let people choose how they want to play The game.
    "Totodile the pokemon and toothless the dragon!"

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by SwafGaming View Post
    You’re just angry because you didn’t lock any of the BUY+ worlds. There are people who are still enjoying the game and working hard, for example I am and many others are mass producing sugar canes to get started. I also plan to make a parkour world soon but that’s for later.

Just because some people want profit doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the game, let people choose how they want to play The game.
    No, i'm not angry that I didn't lock any. I don't even play, lol. I should have clarified that, though.

That's the community for ya
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

I gave up on discussing this issue, just forget it and try to have fun how it is. Normal mate, we can't do anything.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!
    IGN: BEAJ Discord: Toby#4000
    Visit ForumersUnited Today!

The game isn’t just about earning DLs, but having fun as well. Nobody said you’ll only have fun if you’re rich. Locking Buy+ worlds doesn’t guarantee that you’ll enjoy yourself. In my opinion, there’s no point ranting about those people who rushes to lock rare names, different people find different ways of having fun, if you’re too slow to locking worlds, there are still a million other ways to have a good time, why rant over such things?
    “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement”

I mean, to be fair, tf else are they gonna do? While I don't agree (at all) with their motives and I think that games should be played for fun, it's not like console is exactly an ideal platform for a game like Growtopia anyways. Trying to build with a controller is just tedious, in a game that already discourages building in every way despite being labelled as a "sandbox game", which ends up having the community searching for other ways to entertain themselves. It attracts the greedy businessman type of person who somehow enjoys the monotony of trade, and who just want to watch their wallets grow. Unfortunately, Ubisoft just promotes this type of behaviour by introducing updates that are too expensive to just enjoy for the fun of it and instead focus on a way to re-earn what you spent on the new updates. In an already-established economy (PC/Mobile) where most people have the funds to afford these updates, it makes sense, but not in a fresh economy (Console) where everybody is starting from zero. It's no wonder people are spamming IAP to get ahead. Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if Ubisoft foresaw this and that was their intention all along.

TL;DR: Growtopia is a mobile game ported to console, which never works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Winwood View Post
    The game isn’t just about earning DLs, but having fun as well. Nobody said you’ll only have fun if you’re rich.
    It pretty much is when all the content requires you to be rich to enjoy it in the first place. This is amplified on console with prices that are astronomically high for a fresh economy and a lack of player-built worlds to enjoy. At least on PC, you have 6+ years worth of worlds to check out, but on console there's nothing. And I guarantee you that in 6 more years (if the game even lasts that long), there will be no sense of nostalgia for old console worlds because the only ones that will exist will be BUY+worlds.

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao

#FireAncient founder

Yes, that is what I was trying to say... The thrill of being the first person to create an item. I remember when I first splices a Jetpack tree, waaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Then there was a rollback, but still i had fun gathering the resources and making it myself. I could not just go to a world, and buy a jetpack from buyjetpack. I had to go to world, and talk to people bargain for my items, in mot just world locks, but clothes and seeds. Good times.
    Ubisoft Hamumu

VvVCLICKMEVvV
    UbiMumu’s Breaking Service!

ok...............................................
    真の幸福を達成.